Search found 74 matches

by DIVM
Mon Sep 28, 2026 3:22 am
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War
Topic: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War Summer Tournament
Replies: 18
Views: 2944

Re: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War Summer Tournament

Thanks for the summer tournament. My feedback on this tournament:
-I loved the first scenario. Perfect for a tournament. Reinforces cannot be ambushed (or it would take a very fast and risky approach), artillery cannot have free shooting at the start of the scenario.
-Second scenario was fun, but as ...
by DIVM
Fri Sep 04, 2026 4:23 am
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War
Topic: Raid
Replies: 2
Views: 349

Re: Raid

I think it would be interesting tweaking some of the behaviors to incentive "realistic" approaches.

I had situations when a unit on Rest & Resupply spots an enemy and just stands-by till it gets shot.
I think ideally there would be Orders for only Resupply and Regroup, where units keep mostly ...
by DIVM
Sat Aug 08, 2026 12:26 pm
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War
Topic: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War Summer Tournament
Replies: 18
Views: 2944

Re: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War Summer Tournament

The reminder emails haven't started working till like 3 days ago for me. I had to check status every night/morning.
by DIVM
Sat Aug 08, 2026 12:24 pm
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War
Topic: SOP for Default behaviour when spotting unit
Replies: 5
Views: 763

SOP for Default behaviour when spotting unit

There are SOP settings and stand-off hexes to have units react to fire and keep a distance from enemies; but none to what to do when spotting a unit while
Moving (unless it violates the stand-off range).

I think it would help immensely to implement small tweaks in their SOP and behaviors to allow ...
by DIVM
Sat Aug 08, 2026 12:17 pm
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War
Topic: Ability to specify axis of withdrawal for units
Replies: 4
Views: 546

Re: Ability to specify axis of withdrawal for units

Totally agree.

There should be a SOP setting for Withdrawal preferences:
-Closer concealed position (further away or equal to the attacker)
-Towards direction of Commander.
-Towards last travelled path (return the same way it came).

I almost got a whole unit killed that was receiving fire ...
by DIVM
Wed Jul 29, 2026 5:37 am
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War
Topic: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War Summer Tournament
Replies: 18
Views: 2944

Re: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War Summer Tournament

Just realized round duration says 21 days; but it also says next round on 3rd of August. Not sure if that's a typo or a bug?
by DIVM
Sun Jul 12, 2026 6:14 am
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War
Topic: Error when trying to join Summer Tournament
Replies: 2
Views: 647

Re: Error when trying to join Summer Tournament


Hi, unfortunately that is an element that is still supposed to be hidden right now and is non-functional. I guess the cat is out of the bag that we are planning a summer tournament.

We will be putting out announcements on the Matrix website and social media when we go live.


Cool, looking ...
by DIVM
Thu Jul 09, 2026 2:54 pm
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War
Topic: Error when trying to join Summer Tournament
Replies: 2
Views: 647

Error when trying to join Summer Tournament

I get an error when trying to join the new Summer Tournament for Cold War. However the error code and?message fields are both empty.
by DIVM
Fri Jun 19, 2026 1:39 am
Forum: Opponents Wanted
Topic: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War
Replies: 1
Views: 1533

Re: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War

I setup a challenge, public, open to anyone.

Also interested in challenges involving air assaults/transports, as I've never played one online, in case someone wants to play different scenarios. Feel free to DM me.
by DIVM
Sun May 31, 2026 10:21 am
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War
Topic: Suggestion - display previously spotted units on map
Replies: 3
Views: 2127

Re: Suggestion - display previously spotted units on map

I screenshot the heck out of every replay to avoid forgetting spotted units.
by DIVM
Sun May 31, 2026 10:18 am
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War
Topic: Bypass logic implementation
Replies: 2
Views: 1086

Re: Bypass logic implementation

I was actually thinking of this the other day when I mistakenly (and gratefully surprised at the moment) thought the "encountering mines" settings at SOP were new settings referred to what to do when encountering enemies. That's something I've been wanting for a while!!

I believe something like ...
by DIVM
Thu Mar 05, 2026 6:22 am
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War
Topic: Feedback and features for tournaments
Replies: 6
Views: 1431

Re: Feedback and features for tournaments

Makes sense. Ideally a wide area where the player can select reinforcement areas would be great, as mentioned earlier. Looking forward to it.


2). If you are not spotting the units getting intot he reinforcment area, having all the arty in the world won't matter as there are no targets to shoot at ...
by DIVM
Wed Mar 04, 2026 5:39 am
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War
Topic: Feedback and features for tournaments
Replies: 6
Views: 1431

Re: Feedback and features for tournaments


I think the best thing we can do is either use non-reinforcement scenarios or create tournament scenarios on larger maps that offer more placement options to players. Down the road, we might be able to implement a more dynamic reinforcement system to deter spawn camping, a common issue in many ...
by DIVM
Fri Feb 20, 2026 4:00 am
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War
Topic: Feedback and features for tournaments
Replies: 6
Views: 1431

Feedback and features for tournaments

Thanks again for an amazing tournament. It was overall very enjoyable, and the mix of scenarios was well balanced. I believe extending the timeline to 3weeks each round really helped, especially for the last scenario.

One thing that came up again and again, more importantly in the last scenario ...
by DIVM
Tue Feb 17, 2026 4:21 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Game not starting in old laptop
Replies: 5
Views: 1140

Re: Game not starting in old laptop


The VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll are part of Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 redistributables. They might be used by the Matrix installer or by libraries that our game (indirectly) depends on.

Please find, download and install the Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Redistributables by following this ...
by DIVM
Wed Feb 11, 2026 5:27 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Game not starting in old laptop
Replies: 5
Views: 1140

Re: Game not starting in old laptop

CapnDarwin wrote: Wed Feb 11, 2026 5:24 pm Our game does not use any of those codices, but that may be an issue with the Steam or Matrix Launcher. I would start with Matrix Support and note those files. Then check with Steam.
Thanks for the quick reply. Will try with Matrix. All seems fine at the Steam side.
by DIVM
Wed Feb 11, 2026 5:18 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Game not starting in old laptop
Replies: 5
Views: 1140

Game not starting in old laptop

Hi, so I had to take a trip out of the country and I'm trying to make the game work in an old laptop.

The laptop is an old i5 from 2014, but it's using Windows10. I was able to install the game from Steam, but as soon as I click Play from the Launcher (that comes out after I hit Play from Steam) it ...
by DIVM
Thu Feb 05, 2026 1:38 am
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War
Topic: Weird estimated arrival times in Tournament game
Replies: 4
Views: 740

Re: Weird estimated arrival times in Tournament game


something similar to this?

https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopic.php?p=5081798#p5081798


Correct. It seems to be the very same issue when multiple waypoints. It usually changes to a much longer or later ETA, and often arrive earlier, sometimes even at the original ETA. It's very confusing ...
by DIVM
Wed Feb 04, 2026 4:32 am
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War
Topic: Incorporation of commander's intent into gameplay
Replies: 7
Views: 1434

Re: Incorporation of commander's intent into gameplay


In terms of the added interface elements, a dialog or other UI element allowing the player to designate a particular area, select from basic mission tasks (secure, control, etc.), and potentially assign priorities would be useful. In this example, the "secure" task would mean that the unit would ...
by DIVM
Tue Feb 03, 2026 11:12 pm
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War
Topic: Weird estimated arrival times in Tournament game
Replies: 4
Views: 740

Re: Weird estimated arrival times in Tournament game

Hi William. It looks like the same bug, but I'm not building any bridges in this scenario. Not sure what's the cause.

Go to advanced search