Search found 34 matches

by sapperland
Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:59 pm
Forum: Storm over the Pacific
Topic: air superiority question
Replies: 0
Views: 193

air superiority question

<t> Air superiority<br/>
Does anyone know how this is calculated? I had a city with a couple land hexes next to it that the enemy occupied which put it under siege. <br/>
I had 2 each strength 10 carriers in the sea zone next to the city but the enemy still got the +40% for air superiority on the ...
by sapperland
Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:45 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: 1.2 Bombardment Bug?
Replies: 2
Views: 234

RE: 1.2 Bombardment Bug?

<t> I noticed that I can shore bombard several hexes inland. I can therefore attack a bunch of land units if I have enough fleets. Here is the strange thing, one time the enemy only had one land unit on the coast. I attacked that first and found out I couldn't attack any other units inland with my ...
by sapperland
Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:33 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Supply Issue
Replies: 5
Views: 356

RE: Supply Issue

<t> The 2x number of ships to neutralize isn't working. The AI droped some units at the north end of Hawaii taking out my air units in those hexes. <br/>
I move every US ship to the location, about 30 ship groups set up in a couple big fleets. I destroyed most of the enemy forces, but one cruiser ...
by sapperland
Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:03 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Supply Issue
Replies: 5
Views: 356

RE: Supply Issue

<t> I have a supply question. New player. Playing the campaign early in the game. I noticed that when the Japs land an invasion force they always have "alt supply 20". I know that fleet ships can provide some supply as per the manual. However, even when I have a much larger fleet in the location and ...
by sapperland
Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:59 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: OS Windows 7
Replies: 10
Views: 275

OS Windows 7

Will this game run on Windows 7?
by sapperland
Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:44 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Did talonsoft close shop
Replies: 12
Views: 473

Did talonsoft close shop

<t>They have not updated their web site since last November. I don't see any kind of current messages getting posted either.<br/>
In the past, they did put out some good games. ie Art of war series and the east/west campaign series.<br/>
I'm glad that Matrix is here to keep the hardcore war games ...
by sapperland
Thu Aug 01, 2002 4:02 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: What about World War I???
Replies: 11
Views: 291

<t>Over a year ago I was asking about a WWI game. At that time Matrix was not sure a large enough market was out there to support the cost of making the game. I would like to see a grand game covering all of europe. Production, tech, air, ground, sea w/subs, diplomacy. The war did not have to turn ...
by sapperland
Sat Nov 24, 2001 11:07 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Command HQ
Replies: 4
Views: 228

Thanks for the help. I found the game at "theunderdogs" I don't have a 5 1/4 drive, but thanks for the offer bobaloo000.

Steve
by sapperland
Thu Nov 22, 2001 6:19 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Command HQ
Replies: 4
Views: 228

Command HQ

This is a DOS based game that came out around 10 years ago. Does anyone know where I can download it from?
by sapperland
Thu Nov 16, 2000 1:20 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: High Command
Replies: 29
Views: 1316

High Command?
I dont remember that game. How old is it? Where can I look it up at? Is it fun to play?


by sapperland
Tue Oct 17, 2000 3:17 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: anyone else want to see a WWI game?
Replies: 51
Views: 2670

<r> <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>Originally posted by Owl:<br/>
<B><s>[b]</s>One more time - is no one interested in a WW 1 naval game?! I envision a strategic level where you set patrols, send bombardments, etc and a tactical game where you actually deal with contact when it is made between ships/fleets ...
by sapperland
Tue Oct 10, 2000 5:42 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: A WW2 Stratagic Game
Replies: 52
Views: 3327

<t>I was using the number 3 for ease. I have played chess from the age of 8. So lets just say almost 3 decades. I know that most good players forecast much more. I find 6 - 7 moves to be max for me. <br/>
AI's for chess can and do check each and every move that can be made. This is because the total ...
by sapperland
Tue Oct 10, 2000 5:17 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Third Reich PC
Replies: 8
Views: 412

Concerning Rising Sun and Advanced 3rd Reich.
They can be played together to make a world wide battle. But in truth, both games play much better standing on their own.
by sapperland
Tue Oct 10, 2000 5:12 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Third Reich PC
Replies: 8
Views: 412

<r> <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>Originally posted by Ed Cogburn:<br/>
<B><s>[b]</s> Hi Sapperland,<br/>
<br/>
I waited too long before getting Rising Sun to add to A3R, now its too late. Did RS seem logical/reasonable to you? I always wondered about it since (A)3R was centered around ground combat ...
by sapperland
Sat Oct 07, 2000 8:27 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Third Reich PC
Replies: 8
Views: 412

This was tried already by AH. The Computer version failed in a big way. I have had a lot of fun playing 3rd Reich and even more with Rising Sun with cardboard units. But I agree with Ed on this, the game does not convert as well as one would think.
by sapperland
Fri Oct 06, 2000 6:50 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: A WW2 Stratagic Game
Replies: 52
Views: 3327

<r> <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>Originally posted by bpolarsk:<br/>
<B><s>[b]</s> Ouch ! Exact number is 2**64, Even for a computer it is unlimited. There is no difference between Unlimlited and 10 time unlimited. The difference between chess AI and wargame AI is 20 years of AI developping on the SAME game ...
by sapperland
Tue Oct 03, 2000 3:02 am
Forum: Pacific War: The Matrix Edition
Topic: Out of Memory Error
Replies: 14
Views: 504

I used to know every trick in the book for DOS. But over the last 10 years I have forgotten most of it.
Cmdrcain,
I will try booting in DOS and see what I get.
Memmaker that Frank suggested could help also.
by sapperland
Tue Oct 03, 2000 2:53 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: A WW2 Stratagic Game
Replies: 52
Views: 3327

<t>The problem with AI's is that at some point they do bad moves. So until (if ever) we get an AI that can play a human without cheats and win 50% of the time, I will want to control all the little details. The only game that I have seen that the AI performs very well is chess. However, in chess you ...
by sapperland
Mon Oct 02, 2000 5:11 am
Forum: Pacific War: The Matrix Edition
Topic: Out of Memory Error
Replies: 14
Views: 504

I have 568 free, so there-in lies my problem.
Its been a long time since I messed with DOS
by sapperland
Sun Oct 01, 2000 11:05 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: anyone else want to see a WWI game?
Replies: 51
Views: 2670

Does anyone know if any other company has even tried WWI? Even way back in the DOS age?
Does anyone know if some game company has a current one in the works? I get the feeling that Matrix has a full plate right now.

Go to advanced search