Search found 78 matches

by Mark_BookGuy
Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:54 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: Requiring another opponent, it seems
Replies: 5
Views: 234

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by Preuss <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s>I've not received a move from you in quite some time...resend, silt vou plaise. Yeah, i know...mon francois est terrible' <e>[/B]</e></B><e>[/QUOTE]</e></QUOTE>

In college I had two years of French. I ...
by Mark_BookGuy
Sat Sep 07, 2002 4:21 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: Baaaaad Tip For German In 1941 Scenario
Replies: 23
Views: 1066

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by moi <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s>Hello!<br/>
<br/>
>In the West, we have trouble getting hard numbers for Russian >casualties. I have read of 20 million total for the war. What have >you found is the number given there, military and ...
by Mark_BookGuy
Fri Aug 30, 2002 5:06 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: House Rules
Replies: 16
Views: 919

Leningrader's and VVS

<t>I thought WIR was a game. My usual PBEM opponent and I milk the game for all it's worth. If you want the Finns to be aggressive let them be aggressive. (Maybe they can beat up on the Swedes??). <br/>
<br/>
I always prefer paying the Russians, and I hate the Finns in the game. But if my opponent ...
by Mark_BookGuy
Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:37 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: First Board Wargame, Year Hooked, Favorites
Replies: 34
Views: 1980

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by Kuniworth <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s>Hitlers war and axis and allies were my first. <e>[/B]</e></B><e>[/QUOTE]</e></QUOTE>

Kuniworth, is "Those men on white horses are terrifying...but we´ll match´em with our lancers!" a documented ...
by Mark_BookGuy
Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:55 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: an updated look at Possum v5
Replies: 32
Views: 828

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by Preuss <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s><br/>
As for 'flummoxed', Mark, I believe you were talking about the flux. The colloquialism I used was more akin to exasperated confusion. I'm a bit of a "book-guy" myself, and am an American to boot ...
by Mark_BookGuy
Tue Aug 06, 2002 6:42 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: First Board Wargame, Year Hooked, Favorites
Replies: 34
Views: 1980

Re: Re: You never forget your first slaughter

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by Ed Cogburn <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s><br/>
You are cold blooded. Backstabing your own wife?!? What happened to family loyalty? <E>:)</E> Did you ever play AH's Diplomacy? I'll bet if you had, you weren't able t to get anyone to play ...
by Mark_BookGuy
Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:16 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: an updated look at Possum v5
Replies: 32
Views: 828

Re: an updated look at Possum v5

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by Preuss <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s><br/>
I'm still flummoxed by the Roman numeral system of the German Korps...I find it like converting to metrics...do-able, but time intensive.<br/>
<br/>
Overall, I think this version shapes things up ...
by Mark_BookGuy
Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:07 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: First Board Wargame, Year Hooked, Favorites
Replies: 34
Views: 1980

You never forget your first slaughter

<r>For me, it was Avalon Hill all the way. Blitzkrieg, Jutland (laying all those ******** ships all over the floor then kicking them with your knees), France 1940, Battle of the Bulge, Waterloo, etc...<br/>
<br/>
Kingmaker was great for a while (was it Avalon Hill??), but it convinved me the Brits ...
by Mark_BookGuy
Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:46 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: Murmansk!
Replies: 50
Views: 2034

Re: The Oder

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by Stefdragon <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s><br/>
<br/>
Mark,<br/>
<br/>
I am upset that you would recognize that I am a student of the Axis position in this game so soon into my interaction on this forum. But after reading your many posts ...
by Mark_BookGuy
Sat Jul 27, 2002 6:19 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: Murmansk!
Replies: 50
Views: 2034

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by davewolf <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s>How can he be so great, if you beat him?<br/>
<br/>
<br/>
Just j/k <E>;)</E> <e>[/B]</e></B><e>[/QUOTE]</e></QUOTE>

One should always recognize a good opponent. Then kick his butt back to the Oder ...
by Mark_BookGuy
Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:04 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: Soviet Strategy
Replies: 51
Views: 1732

Digging trenches and graves

<t>I've gotten clobbered every time I've played Russian against my human Hun opponent. At even level it wasn't even close. I did better at max help but Nazis were singing the Horst Wessel song in Moscow by winter. I tried holding western lines probably too far out and too long, but the idea of ...
by Mark_BookGuy
Sat Jul 27, 2002 4:50 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: Murmansk!
Replies: 50
Views: 2034

Carriers in Russia

<r>Hey, how come I keep getting notices that folks are responding to a post of mine on this thread? I don't recall making any smart alec comment about squids have small penduda and big ships?:) Besides, we all know the B-36 was better than any super-squidship.<br/>
<br/>
I just beat my German PBEM ...
by Mark_BookGuy
Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:38 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: Murmansk!
Replies: 50
Views: 2034

Re: Helsinki

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by Stefdragon <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s>I would tend to think that the '44 campaign is the only scenario<br/>
in which you would be able to take Helsinki with any certainty.<br/>
<br/>
As to what happened once you took it, the classic ...
by Mark_BookGuy
Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:01 pm
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: Murmansk!
Replies: 50
Views: 2034

Murmanski, Finnski, and Big Knives

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by Stefdragon <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s><br/>
<br/>
Mr. Possum:<br/>
<br/>
I am flattered that you would respond to my post, and illuminate me as to the disposition of the Allied command that would discourage the Axis from attempting the ...
by Mark_BookGuy
Wed Jul 17, 2002 5:41 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: Aircraft/tanks
Replies: 20
Views: 1143

Re: Hugo Boss, fashion NAZI?

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by radical <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s>I believe this came from a news report that Hugo Boss had manufactured uniforms for the SS. Here's a humorous website depicting the fall 1937 Hugo Boss Nazi fasion line:<br/>
<URL url="http://www ...
by Mark_BookGuy
Wed Jul 17, 2002 4:58 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: Aircraft/tanks
Replies: 20
Views: 1143

Re: Re: Quality, mein Fuhrer, is Job #1!

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by Vern <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s><br/>
<br/>
Sure. BTW, which SS uniforms? Combat uniform or Ausgehanzug? 1935 or 1943 style? Waffen-SS or Verfügungstruppe? Or did he design simply ALL of them? May he also designed the death skulls and ...
by Mark_BookGuy
Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:55 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: Aircraft/tanks
Replies: 20
Views: 1143

Quality, mein Fuhrer, is Job #1!

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by Ranger-75 <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s><br/>
<br/>
Ford was very anti-semetic, its is all over the many documentaries on the man. He wasn't a pro-nazi, but he used his power and personally intervened to prevent the Ford Motor Company ...
by Mark_BookGuy
Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:30 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: Readiness
Replies: 10
Views: 415

99 Cases of Ammo on the Wall

<t>I've got to admit to being very frustrated in playing later versions of WIR because it seems noone knows where accurate info is available. It's pretty tough to play a game when you have only a marginal idea on how even the basic design is calculated. <br/>
<br/>
Where is the updated manual???:mad ...
by Mark_BookGuy
Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:47 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: What's your worst mistake in WIR?
Replies: 13
Views: 461

Worst case scenario

Mine was trying to play a good German opponent in 41 at even level. Never had a chance. He was drunk in the Moscow dance halls before you could say "vodka."

Has anyone actually beaten a human German even level in '41, or am I more incompetent than even I assume??:)
by Mark_BookGuy
Sun Jun 23, 2002 4:11 am
Forum: War In Russia: The Matrix Edition
Topic: Stalin, Beria, and capitualtion?
Replies: 7
Views: 304

Re: Re: Lunch with Beria

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by Montenegro <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s><br/>
<br/>
Mark,<br/>
<br/>
I think the Anfilov account is the one to peek at. Unless he's trying to sell some books or movie scripts, I don't know what he would have to gain by recalling the ...

Go to advanced search