Search found 68 matches

by kmussler
Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:46 pm
Forum: The War Room
Topic: The Road to Leningrad - Did you take it?
Replies: 24
Views: 1462

RE: The Road to Leningrad - Did you take it?

<t> I played the scenerio, starting by using dlazov66's "Operational Boot Camp" (which is pretty helpful, if you're just getting into the game). As I approached Leningrad, it became clear that there were only two routes open to use for my panzers. First, was the lightly wooded/clear terrain to the ...
by kmussler
Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:36 pm
Forum: Command Ops Series
Topic: Best Bulge Books?
Replies: 37
Views: 1464

RE: Best Bulge Books?

<r> <I><s>[i]</s>A Time for Trumpets<e>[/i]</e></I> is very good. I've also been reading from a set of books. They are a set of books from Osprey Military Press, <I><s>[i]</s>The Ardennes Offensive<e>[/i]</e></I>. I have three books covering the Allies in the North, Central, and Southern sectors of ...
by kmussler
Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:24 pm
Forum: Command Ops Series
Topic: Question on Bridge Building
Replies: 13
Views: 391

RE: Question on Bridge Building

<t> Just a followup post for anyone else who might have this same question:<br/>
<br/>
I left-clicked and dragged to select two engineer units. One was bridging-capable, one was not. By selecting both at the same time, I was able to give the bridge-building command to both units. I put them on ...
by kmussler
Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:44 pm
Forum: Command Ops Series
Topic: Question on Bridge Building
Replies: 13
Views: 391

RE: Question on Bridge Building

<t> Franklin, thanks for the reply. I forgot about "no rest". I'll try that. Markshot, I love the analogy too. I saw the chart on page 196 before, it's also on page 100. For the light road bridge being built, I don't have 600 engineers (at either location). But, the information will be helpful for ...
by kmussler
Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:58 pm
Forum: Command Ops Series
Topic: Question on Bridge Building
Replies: 13
Views: 391

RE: Question on Bridge Building

<t> Thanks for the reply. I'll try your suggestion. Group selection (lassooing them together) is not something I considered. Is there an order you give individual non-bridging capable units, like 'defend' or 'secure crossing'? I will also try 'fastest/quickest, high 'aggro'. As for the historical ...
by kmussler
Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:09 am
Forum: Command Ops Series
Topic: Question on Bridge Building
Replies: 13
Views: 391

Question on Bridge Building

<t> I'm playing as the Germans the Race to Bastogne scenerio. The Germans start trying to build two bridges over the Our river. They have only two bridge-building engineer units, one at each site. They do however have a few other engineer units available to assist. Historically, the first bridge was ...
by kmussler
Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:05 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Operation Barbarossa - Alpha AAR
Replies: 840
Views: 28677

RE: Operation Barbarossa - Alpha AAR

<r> Capitaine, I'm not so sure. I have the SPI <I><s>[i]</s><e>[/i]</e></I>War in the East<I><s>[i]</s><e>[/i]</e></I> and remember having three-deep stacks of Soviet Rifle divisions in a front all the way from Leningrad to Odessa. That's quite a few rifle divisions. They didn't have any punch but ...
by kmussler
Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:46 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: AI air sortie count
Replies: 1
Views: 171

AI air sortie count

<t> For the last 10 game days, a large group of Jap carriers have first sat on Makassar, waiting for the invasion troops to take the place - all the while bombing the snot out of everything in sight. The this same group moved south of Java near Soerbaja spending several days taking out all ships in ...
by kmussler
Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:31 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: LCU losses when transport is sunk?
Replies: 5
Views: 276

RE: LCU losses when transport is sunk?

<t> Yeh, under most circumstances I'd agree with you. There is very little left in Cebu. Some of that is too big to move by sub, like 3 'motorized transport' squads. But there are a few engineers, naval support and aviation support squads I can move by sub. It's a bit fun making the effort.<br ...
by kmussler
Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:16 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: LCU losses when transport is sunk?
Replies: 5
Views: 276

RE: LCU losses when transport is sunk?

OK. I played another turn. As the ship unloaded in Darwin, the fragment on board changed to become the parent unit on dry land. The part still in Cebu became the fragment. I had heard that this was the way it was supposed to work. Glad to see it. Thanks Devs. [:D]

Kurt
by kmussler
Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:04 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: LCU losses when transport is sunk?
Replies: 5
Views: 276

RE: LCU losses when transport is sunk?

<t> Well, that might explain it if that had happened. The ship sank in open sea between Davao and Ternate. I just checked the parent again, three turns later and found that it has begun to 'regenerate', adding a couple of points of engineers and Nav Support. I then turned 'replacements off'. I'm ...
by kmussler
Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:00 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: LCU losses when transport is sunk?
Replies: 5
Views: 276

LCU losses when transport is sunk?

<t> This may be how the situation was designed to work but it caught my eye. I was trying to transport the Cebu BF out to OZ. I tried loading it onn two ships, a xAP and a xAK. Due to some miscalculation on my part, a very small pat of the BF was left at Cebu. The two ships tried to make their way ...
by kmussler
Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:05 am
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: HQ org chart
Replies: 88
Views: 3681

RE: Allied and Japanese HQ org charts

<t> Hi Barb,<br/>
Thanks so much for the work you've done on this. It's a big help. But, just a question. Did I miss something? Where is the North Pacific Area and what is it attached to? I think early on it was attached to Pacific Fleet. Also, a comment on III Amphibious Corps - It was a rather ...
by kmussler
Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:07 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Singapore is not building fortifications?
Replies: 5
Views: 216

RE: Singapore is not building fortifications?

<t> Thanks Guys,<br/>
I turned off and then back on the build forts button. I also found that indeed, the repair infrastructure options were on (an oversight on my part). I turned them off. All engineer units were in combat mode. So I hit the end of turn button and... Singapore added a fort and was ...
by kmussler
Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:46 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Singapore is not building fortifications?
Replies: 5
Views: 216

Singapore is not building fortifications?

<t> Hi AE Team,<br/>
I'm not sure who particularly to address this to, but I have yet to see Singapore building any fortifications. It starts at 0 forts and 10% building. There are 66 engineers and 10 engineer vehicles at the base but after several turns there has been no buiilding progress. This ...
by kmussler
Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:16 am
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: Well this isn't going to end well ***spoiler alert***
Replies: 73
Views: 1516

RE: Well this isn't going to end well ***spoiler alert***

<t> Had an interesting adventure around December 27-28,'41. A Jap TF (icon) appeared off the southern Gilberts headed for Canton Is. Nothing was on the island yet except the starting engineer unit, although I had a USMC DB and a USN base force a few turns away from landing. An examination of the ...
by kmussler
Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:34 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: AE Troop loading
Replies: 8
Views: 335

RE: AE Troop loading

Thanks Treespider, [;)]
I appreciate the info. I must have missed the section in the manual. I'll look to re-read. Lots of changes in AE, but am having a blast! [:D] Thanks for your work on AE.

Kurt
by kmussler
Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:04 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: AE Troop loading
Replies: 8
Views: 335

RE: AE Troop loading

<t> Don,<br/>
Along this same line of inquiry, I've got the 161st Infantry Regiment in San Francisco and want to transport it to Pearl Harbor. I have 2 xAP's with 5000 troop load capacity and a xAK totallying 9000 crago load capacity - more than enough to carry the unit. However, when I select the ...
by kmussler
Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:48 am
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: AE Team
Replies: 201
Views: 46831

RE: AE Team

<t> To the AE Team,<br/>
I first started playing wargames about 45 years ago. (And like Joe shared, I have studied the Pacific conflict for several decades and have the library to prove it.) I started by playing Avalon Hill and SPI games. Along the way I picked up (and still have) SPI's War in the ...
by kmussler
Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:15 pm
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: IMPORTANT FAQs about Admiral's Edition - DISCOUNT for WITP Owners
Replies: 67
Views: 3376

RE: FAQs about the Admiral's Edition Release

Also, and this sounds silly, make sure you insert the "-" in between the sets of numbers.&nbsp; I did and it worked fine.

Go to advanced search