Search found 14 matches

by osullmi
Sat May 10, 2003 7:08 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: In-Game Messages
Replies: 2
Views: 217

In-Game Messages

Do you get messages as USN such as "C-47 transporting supplies to Port Moresby" while playing PBEM? I do not in PBEM, but I do when playing against the AI. Did I forget to click something?
by osullmi
Sat May 10, 2003 2:05 am
Forum: Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific
Topic: USN Fast Transport
Replies: 9
Views: 163

USN Fast Transport

<t>I am a bit befuddled.<br/>
<br/>
Twice, now, I have tried to use DD FT from Cairns/Cooktown to resupply PM early in the game, settign the TFs to "retirement allowed". Unfortunately, both times the TF used both impulses to get to PM and spent the entire day there getting pasted by IJN LBA.<br ...
by osullmi
Sat May 10, 2003 1:54 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: In defense of Gili Gili (v2.30)
Replies: 9
Views: 349

I don't see how it is possible to hold GG against any sort of attack. The Bettys and Nells at Rabaul will devastate any FT TFs that try to sneak in early on, and soon the CVs from Truk show up. The PBYs carry a depressingly small number of troops, and the Japs can FT in at will from Rabaul.
by osullmi
Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:52 am
Forum: Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific
Topic: biggest boob-boo ever
Replies: 4
Views: 113

biggest boob-boo ever

<t>What is yours?<br/>
<br/>
Mine happened recently in a PBEM where I was whupping a**, or so I thought. I was IJN in Scen 19, and the USN was making a big push (in May-June '42) for Lunga. I had captured PM, and sent my CVs and surface forces towards Guad. The USN captured Lunga and eliminated the ...
by osullmi
Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:22 pm
Forum: Opponents wanted
Topic: Looking for USN opponent
Replies: 1
Views: 105

thanks guys -- plenty of responses
by osullmi
Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:07 am
Forum: Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific
Topic: Air Transport
Replies: 0
Views: 50

Air Transport

Is there a list of transport capacities for the various a/c types?
by osullmi
Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:32 am
Forum: Opponents wanted
Topic: Looking for USN opponent
Replies: 1
Views: 105

Looking for USN opponent

I am looking for a USN opponent. Scen 17 with 120% IJN/100% USN commitment or Scen 19 with 100% commitment on both sides.

If you are interested e-mail me directly at michael_osullivan@emcore.com
by osullmi
Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:36 am
Forum: Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific
Topic: OOB US scen 17
Replies: 3
Views: 127

I think you have confused the meaning of CL and CLAA -- CLAA is an anti-aircraft light cruiser, not an Australian cruiser (which seems to be how you have broken them out).
by osullmi
Sat Mar 29, 2003 7:08 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Invincible USN CV TFs
Replies: 0
Views: 74

Invincible USN CV TFs

<t>I don't know if this is a bug or my poor play, but twice now in a game against an un-named player, my IJN CV force (6-10 CVs and CVLs, with all Kates and Vals on Naval Attack) have refused to attack a (definitely spotted) USN carrier force with large CAP/AA. Instead they have attacked secondary ...
by osullmi
Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:16 am
Forum: Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific
Topic: Marines CV trained ?
Replies: 11
Views: 299

Weren't Navy F4Fs and other planes configured differently for carrier landings -- i.e. tailhoooks and reinforced landing gear?
by osullmi
Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:19 am
Forum: Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific
Topic: Carrier Aircraft replacements
Replies: 17
Views: 307

Did carriers get replacements while at sea? Nothing I have read suggests this. Granted, CVs, and other ships, spend a lot more time at sea in UV than in actuality, but I always understood that one received replacements when one returned to a major base for "R&R"-- repair and replacement.
by osullmi
Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:05 am
Forum: Opponents wanted
Topic: Im a long time UV player looking to find out how to play a PBEM game. I need help!
Replies: 6
Views: 231

I'll play you as USN. Just set up a new game, click PBEM in the set up menu, and choose the following options: IJN sub doctrine off; Allied damage control on. I prefer 100% commitment and either historical or variable commitment, but can be flexible.
by osullmi
Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:57 am
Forum: Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific
Topic: IJN ASW Capability
Replies: 40
Views: 871

<t>I think the real problem is the aggressiveness of subs (and this cuts both ways). Subs currently will take on a TF solely made up of PCs, PGs and/or DDs. In RL that didn't happen. Not only were they afraid of being sunk, but why waste a torpedo on a PC/PG when better targets would likely show up ...
by osullmi
Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:56 am
Forum: Opponents wanted
Topic: be gentle
Replies: 5
Views: 139

be gentle

I want my first PBEM to be memorable.

reply to michael_osullivan@emcore.com

Go to advanced search