The Thread

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: Test Thread

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: Mynok


Yeah, those are clearly Allied mongeese, as they are overly numerous and way oversized. [:D]

I think you may be right........




Image
Attachments
mongoose.jpg
mongoose.jpg (151.15 KiB) Viewed 203 times
User avatar
dtravel
Posts: 4533
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:34 pm

RE: Test Thread

Post by dtravel »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

Image
Speedysteve
Posts: 15990
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Reading, England

RE: Test Thread

Post by Speedysteve »

LOL Nik [:D]
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: Test Thread

Post by niceguy2005 »

Because it has been so quiet.



Image
Attachments
bombtech.jpg
bombtech.jpg (24.46 KiB) Viewed 203 times
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Test Thread

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

Because it has been so quiet.



Image

This one reminds me of a story of a friend of mine that was a nuclear weapons technician in the Air Force back in the late 60's in Germany. One day, after they finished painting something, they decided to have some fun with the guards on the post, so they all went running down past the guard post (flipping their security passes into the booth as they ran by at top speed). The guards (who knew that they were Nuclear Weapons techs) didn't know what to do (but did stay at their posts, looking very worried....)[:'(]
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Test Thread

Post by rtrapasso »

And of course, there is this old one...

Image
Attachments
bombsquadsurprise.jpg
bombsquadsurprise.jpg (68.22 KiB) Viewed 203 times
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: Test Thread

Post by niceguy2005 »



I'd like to have seen a picture of what happened next! [:D]
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: Test Thread

Post by niceguy2005 »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

This one reminds me of a story of a friend of mine that was a nuclear weapons technician in the Air Force back in the late 60's in Germany. One day, after they finished painting something, they decided to have some fun with the guards on the post, so they all went running down past the guard post (flipping their security passes into the booth as they ran by at top speed). The guards (who knew what they were Nuclear Weapons techs) didn't know what to do (but did stay at their posts, looking very worried....)[:'(]

Not as funny, but that reminds me of the time I was working a field project at the SAC base in Grand Forks, ND. It was (and may still be) a nuclear bomber base. We had to conduct some sampling inside the weapons storage area, and as you can imagine security was very tight. Funny thing was, I had been out drinking the night before with most of the airmen who were guards. I knew they had to be as hung-over as I was.

After conducting our studies, we were told to exit through the guard station where we handed in our credentials. I recognized the guard who was working there from the night before so I decided to have a little fun.

He asks me the standard question as I prepare to exit. "Sir, are you secure?" which as I recall means am I carrying anything he needs to know about.

I, having the irreverent and sometimes innappropriate sense of humor that I do, look him in the eye and say "Well, I've always had this irrational fear of spiders, but otherwise I feel pretty good." [:D]

He fixes with a stare (and a smile at the corner of his mouth) as the other gurads close in around me. He says to me, "Sir, and I suggest you consider your answer carefully, ARE YOU SECURE?"

I glance out of the corner of my eyes at the 18yo airmen with M-16s and a hang-over [:(]and reply "Oh yes. Yes I am." At which point I high-tail it out of the area.
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
Speedysteve
Posts: 15990
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Reading, England

RE: Test Thread

Post by Speedysteve »

LOL. I think i'd say a similar thing[:D]
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
User avatar
RUPD3658
Posts: 6921
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:25 am
Location: East Brunswick, NJ

RE: Test Thread

Post by RUPD3658 »

No sense of humor. When I was trying to enlist my recruiter asked me a series of questions one of which was I ever a member of the communist party. I answered "Nyet". He didn't get the joke.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
User avatar
dtravel
Posts: 4533
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:34 pm

RE: Test Thread

Post by dtravel »

Well, if you were lucky you were only the third person to answer like that on that day. [;)]
This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

Image
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: Test Thread

Post by niceguy2005 »

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

No sense of humor. When I was trying to enlist my recruiter asked me a series of questions one of which was I ever a member of the communist party. I answered "Nyet". He didn't get the joke.
LOL. I personally think being serious should be against the law.
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Test Thread

Post by rtrapasso »

[:D]i ran across this one which i though was semi-relevant:

Image
Attachments
homecomputer.jpg
homecomputer.jpg (93.83 KiB) Viewed 203 times
User avatar
fokkov
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:55 pm
Location: Gouda, Holland

RE: Test Thread

Post by fokkov »

this must be the new sub simulator device from thustmaster
in to deep and out of time
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: Test Thread

Post by niceguy2005 »

Clearly the particular PC was desinged to play Witp. Note the large wheel for navigation of the carriers and the teletype to receive flash traffic. I believe the multitude of guages are to monitor the leader bug.
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
dtravel
Posts: 4533
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:34 pm

RE: Test Thread

Post by dtravel »

Tithe.
This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

Image
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Test Thread

Post by rtrapasso »

Here is another reason that troops die from mosquito bites in the malarial zones...

Image
Attachments
Bigmosquitoes.jpg
Bigmosquitoes.jpg (39.11 KiB) Viewed 203 times
User avatar
dtravel
Posts: 4533
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:34 pm

RE: Test Thread

Post by dtravel »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Here is another reason that troops die from mosquito bites in the malarial zones...

Image

Ah, one of the smaller examples of the Alaska state bird.
This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

Image
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: Test Thread

Post by niceguy2005 »

LOL. We also found these on that job at the SAC base at Grand Forks. We also found some industrial strength repellent. Good new is the label said it was safe for human skin, but when we spilled the bottle on some of our safety equipment, it melted the equipment. [X(][X(]. Still, it kept the mosquitos away.
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Test Thread

Post by rtrapasso »

[:'(]We've shown you Nik's new car - here's his OLD one:

Image
Attachments
Catcar.jpg
Catcar.jpg (40.94 KiB) Viewed 203 times
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”