CHS Nik mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and the game editor for WITP.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Vladd
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:15 pm

RE: CHS Nik mod

Post by Vladd »

The experimental CHS setup incorporates 'toned-down' Nikmod changes to DUR, but I note it does not adjust A-A weapon accuracy downwards as Nikmod (or B mod) does.  Was this just for testing purposes I wonder? Or was there another reason accuracy was left alone?
CJ Martin
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon May 20, 2002 6:18 pm
Location: Pax River, MD

RE: CHS Nik mod

Post by CJ Martin »

Not sure - I'm using a hybrid of both, the durablity rating from CHS experimental, and the rest from CHS NikMod. It's not perfect however, as later war American iron is still taking too long (in my mind) to repair, or even stay operational at smaller bases. At the moment I'm happy, some 60 turns in now.

-CJ 
User avatar
Vladd
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:15 pm

RE: CHS Nik mod

Post by Vladd »

Sounds like a good solution, CJ :)
User avatar
Sardaukar
Posts: 12856
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Finland/Israel

RE: CHS Nik mod

Post by Sardaukar »

I have had no problems with repairing planes in CHS Exp...I wonder what kind of Aviation Support you have in those bases ? If expecting heavy ops, bring in lots extra.

Also I think Flak is very balanced in that version..not murderous like in Nik version but serious threat still.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Image
CJ Martin
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon May 20, 2002 6:18 pm
Location: Pax River, MD

RE: CHS Nik mod

Post by CJ Martin »

I have plenty of aviation support and I do not overstack bases. Base size is a factor however. For example Buna is max size 4, and P-47C's stationed there (30 or 40% CAP) seem to stabilize at around 14 / 10 (undamaged / damaged). Move that same squadron to a size 6 base and after a few days the numbers are 20 /4. Kittyhawk I's and Boomers are my fighters of choice now for small bases as they repair quickly and stay up quite well. The F4U is less than ideal for small strips but I have enough of those units that I can rotate them without too much trouble.
 
Since I am playing the AI, I don't mind the advantage IJN/IJA fighters have in terms of aircraft availability rates. It's making for an interesting game.
 
We'll see how the F6F-3's hold on on the CV's, I finally have enough carriers to go hunting...
 
-CJ
User avatar
Sardaukar
Posts: 12856
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Finland/Israel

RE: CHS Nik mod

Post by Sardaukar »

I think that lower number of planes available is actually good for the game. Playing AI myself too.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Image
Post Reply

Return to “Scenario Design”