Fabertong vs Speedy: The view from the Pole

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16734
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: About ouch........

Post by Mike Solli »

Faber, how many TKs do you still have in the cue? Only 10 operational and 15 damaged? Ouch.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: About ouch........

Post by rtrapasso »

Time to start loading oil and fuel into the AKs - this is not nearly as efficient, but it looks like there is no choice if you want to keep stuff rolling...
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: About ouch........

Post by fabertong »

Hi Mike and Robert.......here is the first page of TK replacements......still some time off......I have all the fleet AOs hauling oil.....and Fuel only moves by AK.......but IIRC.....you can't load OIL on an AK....am I wrong?

Image
Attachments
tks.jpg
tks.jpg (113.1 KiB) Viewed 227 times
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: About ouch........

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: fabertong

Hi Mike and Robert.......here is the first page of TK replacements......still some time off......I have all the fleet AOs hauling oil.....and Fuel only moves by AK.......but IIRC.....you can't load OIL on an AK....am I wrong?

i am not sure - i think long time ago in an earlier version you could, but i haven't tried that lately. You might give it a shot.
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: About ouch........

Post by VSWG »

ORIGINAL: fabertong

.....you can't load OIL on an AK....am I wrong?
No, you are correct.
Image
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: About ouch........

Post by niceguy2005 »

Faber, I have heard of some players shipping oil to Sing and then allow the railroad to carry it to a north china port where it is a short hop to the HI. Is this possible for you? Also, can you use barges to carry oil? If so you could employ the above and use barges for the short hops.
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: About ouch........

Post by fabertong »

Thanks niceguy....desperate times call for desperate measures........so bring on the barges...........
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16734
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: About ouch........

Post by Mike Solli »

I don't believe barges can carry oil, but check it out Faber, to be sure.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: About ouch........

Post by fabertong »

Al ittle look at Speedy's southern threat....while I await a turn.......my Money is on Bali......with a move through Java......he could close the entire DEI with this move.......one option is Maccasar.......another good option.......could close all of southern borneo......Kendari...I consider now cut off ....and of little use.......

Image
Attachments
jaav.jpg
jaav.jpg (129.39 KiB) Viewed 227 times
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: About ouch........

Post by fabertong »

29th March 1944.........

Another TK....yes yet another TK was hit by subs today...despite being on a new convoy route...having 2DDs 4PCs 4 MSW in tow and a deidcated ASW TF of and APD, DD and 3 PCs........I weep........maybe I should group Yamato with my TKs.....at least that would destract him a bit.......

I've decided to strip all of the Phils to move to Burma......in hope that new arriving groups can fill in behind......

the SouthSeaDetach. has left Rabaul.......headed to Pelau...and then the DEIs........
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: About ouch........

Post by fabertong »

OOps ...more bad flipper work above........please excuse.....
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: About ouch........

Post by fabertong »

30th March 1944.........

I lost 1,000 men today in one air raid on the railine to Akyab.......and supply with all the bombing is awful...but I'm going to keep feeding men into the meatgrinder........

SAG 1....Yamato, Mutsu and escorts.......

SAG 2....Yamashiro, Fuso and escorts.....both left for Guam........

The fleet starts to move........
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: About ouch........

Post by fabertong »

April 1st 1944.....

Grace arrives.....another reason to hold the carriers in port for another 3 weeks......I'll be producing 200 of these a month once the auto upgrade kicks in......

Lost an AP to subs.......

The 10 Ind.....left the Phils for Camranh Bay......

The 81st Inf. Div.....left Tokyo(at a cost of 2,300pps)....dest. Camranh Bay.......

A large supply convoy left Sapporo(100,000 supply)....dest Camranh Bay.......

10th Mort. left Legaspi......dest. Camranh Bay.........

I've decided It's 'death or glory' in Burma...........the Imp G. Div will follow in the next few days (currently at Manila)......this will leave the Phils effectivly undefended.....which should be OK for the next 3-4 months.....I hope.....

SAG 4 found Raba empty.......
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: About ouch........

Post by fabertong »

April 2nd 1944..............

A small allied surface TF moved to hit a supply convoy at Einwetok....the result being one of his DE hit a mine....and is badly damaged......one of my 3 AKs was hit......but not badly.....

SAG 4 has attached Hyuga and Ise and is on a bombardment mission to Raba........

Haruna has upgraded.......

Spent around 200 pps changing airgroup commanders...after finding one of my best fighter sqdrns.....had a transport commander in charge........
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: About ouch........

Post by fabertong »

April 3rd 1944........

SAG 4 hit some PT boats on the way into Raba........and I traded 2 DDs for 2PTs.........not good.......and then down to sloopy penruin-itis....I hadn't re-set my Bombardment escorts to not Bombard.....cue badly damaged Cl and another DD........more scapegoats needed......

also lost an AP to subs this turn.....and Superforts have been in action for the first time.........bombing the river north of Rangoon........
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: About ouch........

Post by fabertong »

ooops Penguin-itis please use above as poor flipper action still in motion........
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: About ouch........

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Isn't penruin-itis what happens when a battalion of penguins gets bombed by a group of B-29's...?
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: About ouch........

Post by fabertong »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Isn't penruin-itis what happens when a battalion of penguins gets bombed by a group of B-29's...?
I'd hope the size of the targets(under four feet tall)would have cuit down the casualties....but alas....no.......
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: About ouch........

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Alas, the ignominy... the horror... the penguinity...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: About ouch........

Post by fabertong »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Alas, the ignominy... the horror... the penguinity...
The Penguinisity.......................
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”