Fabertong vs Speedy: The view from the Pole
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16734
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: About ouch........
Faber, how many TKs do you still have in the cue? Only 10 operational and 15 damaged? Ouch.
Created by the amazing Dixie
RE: About ouch........
Time to start loading oil and fuel into the AKs - this is not nearly as efficient, but it looks like there is no choice if you want to keep stuff rolling...
RE: About ouch........
Hi Mike and Robert.......here is the first page of TK replacements......still some time off......I have all the fleet AOs hauling oil.....and Fuel only moves by AK.......but IIRC.....you can't load OIL on an AK....am I wrong?


- Attachments
-
- tks.jpg (113.1 KiB) Viewed 222 times
RE: About ouch........
ORIGINAL: fabertong
Hi Mike and Robert.......here is the first page of TK replacements......still some time off......I have all the fleet AOs hauling oil.....and Fuel only moves by AK.......but IIRC.....you can't load OIL on an AK....am I wrong?
i am not sure - i think long time ago in an earlier version you could, but i haven't tried that lately. You might give it a shot.
RE: About ouch........
No, you are correct.ORIGINAL: fabertong
.....you can't load OIL on an AK....am I wrong?

- niceguy2005
- Posts: 12522
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
- Location: Super secret hidden base
RE: About ouch........
Faber, I have heard of some players shipping oil to Sing and then allow the railroad to carry it to a north china port where it is a short hop to the HI. Is this possible for you? Also, can you use barges to carry oil? If so you could employ the above and use barges for the short hops.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
RE: About ouch........
Thanks niceguy....desperate times call for desperate measures........so bring on the barges...........
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16734
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: About ouch........
I don't believe barges can carry oil, but check it out Faber, to be sure.
Created by the amazing Dixie
RE: About ouch........
Al ittle look at Speedy's southern threat....while I await a turn.......my Money is on Bali......with a move through Java......he could close the entire DEI with this move.......one option is Maccasar.......another good option.......could close all of southern borneo......Kendari...I consider now cut off ....and of little use.......


- Attachments
-
- jaav.jpg (129.39 KiB) Viewed 222 times
RE: About ouch........
29th March 1944.........
Another TK....yes yet another TK was hit by subs today...despite being on a new convoy route...having 2DDs 4PCs 4 MSW in tow and a deidcated ASW TF of and APD, DD and 3 PCs........I weep........maybe I should group Yamato with my TKs.....at least that would destract him a bit.......
I've decided to strip all of the Phils to move to Burma......in hope that new arriving groups can fill in behind......
the SouthSeaDetach. has left Rabaul.......headed to Pelau...and then the DEIs........
Another TK....yes yet another TK was hit by subs today...despite being on a new convoy route...having 2DDs 4PCs 4 MSW in tow and a deidcated ASW TF of and APD, DD and 3 PCs........I weep........maybe I should group Yamato with my TKs.....at least that would destract him a bit.......
I've decided to strip all of the Phils to move to Burma......in hope that new arriving groups can fill in behind......
the SouthSeaDetach. has left Rabaul.......headed to Pelau...and then the DEIs........
RE: About ouch........
OOps ...more bad flipper work above........please excuse.....
RE: About ouch........
30th March 1944.........
I lost 1,000 men today in one air raid on the railine to Akyab.......and supply with all the bombing is awful...but I'm going to keep feeding men into the meatgrinder........
SAG 1....Yamato, Mutsu and escorts.......
SAG 2....Yamashiro, Fuso and escorts.....both left for Guam........
The fleet starts to move........
I lost 1,000 men today in one air raid on the railine to Akyab.......and supply with all the bombing is awful...but I'm going to keep feeding men into the meatgrinder........
SAG 1....Yamato, Mutsu and escorts.......
SAG 2....Yamashiro, Fuso and escorts.....both left for Guam........
The fleet starts to move........
RE: About ouch........
April 1st 1944.....
Grace arrives.....another reason to hold the carriers in port for another 3 weeks......I'll be producing 200 of these a month once the auto upgrade kicks in......
Lost an AP to subs.......
The 10 Ind.....left the Phils for Camranh Bay......
The 81st Inf. Div.....left Tokyo(at a cost of 2,300pps)....dest. Camranh Bay.......
A large supply convoy left Sapporo(100,000 supply)....dest Camranh Bay.......
10th Mort. left Legaspi......dest. Camranh Bay.........
I've decided It's 'death or glory' in Burma...........the Imp G. Div will follow in the next few days (currently at Manila)......this will leave the Phils effectivly undefended.....which should be OK for the next 3-4 months.....I hope.....
SAG 4 found Raba empty.......
Grace arrives.....another reason to hold the carriers in port for another 3 weeks......I'll be producing 200 of these a month once the auto upgrade kicks in......
Lost an AP to subs.......
The 10 Ind.....left the Phils for Camranh Bay......
The 81st Inf. Div.....left Tokyo(at a cost of 2,300pps)....dest. Camranh Bay.......
A large supply convoy left Sapporo(100,000 supply)....dest Camranh Bay.......
10th Mort. left Legaspi......dest. Camranh Bay.........
I've decided It's 'death or glory' in Burma...........the Imp G. Div will follow in the next few days (currently at Manila)......this will leave the Phils effectivly undefended.....which should be OK for the next 3-4 months.....I hope.....
SAG 4 found Raba empty.......
RE: About ouch........
April 2nd 1944..............
A small allied surface TF moved to hit a supply convoy at Einwetok....the result being one of his DE hit a mine....and is badly damaged......one of my 3 AKs was hit......but not badly.....
SAG 4 has attached Hyuga and Ise and is on a bombardment mission to Raba........
Haruna has upgraded.......
Spent around 200 pps changing airgroup commanders...after finding one of my best fighter sqdrns.....had a transport commander in charge........
A small allied surface TF moved to hit a supply convoy at Einwetok....the result being one of his DE hit a mine....and is badly damaged......one of my 3 AKs was hit......but not badly.....
SAG 4 has attached Hyuga and Ise and is on a bombardment mission to Raba........
Haruna has upgraded.......
Spent around 200 pps changing airgroup commanders...after finding one of my best fighter sqdrns.....had a transport commander in charge........
RE: About ouch........
April 3rd 1944........
SAG 4 hit some PT boats on the way into Raba........and I traded 2 DDs for 2PTs.........not good.......and then down to sloopy penruin-itis....I hadn't re-set my Bombardment escorts to not Bombard.....cue badly damaged Cl and another DD........more scapegoats needed......
also lost an AP to subs this turn.....and Superforts have been in action for the first time.........bombing the river north of Rangoon........
SAG 4 hit some PT boats on the way into Raba........and I traded 2 DDs for 2PTs.........not good.......and then down to sloopy penruin-itis....I hadn't re-set my Bombardment escorts to not Bombard.....cue badly damaged Cl and another DD........more scapegoats needed......
also lost an AP to subs this turn.....and Superforts have been in action for the first time.........bombing the river north of Rangoon........
RE: About ouch........
ooops Penguin-itis please use above as poor flipper action still in motion........
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: About ouch........
Isn't penruin-itis what happens when a battalion of penguins gets bombed by a group of B-29's...?
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: About ouch........
I'd hope the size of the targets(under four feet tall)would have cuit down the casualties....but alas....no.......ORIGINAL: Terminus
Isn't penruin-itis what happens when a battalion of penguins gets bombed by a group of B-29's...?
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: About ouch........
Alas, the ignominy... the horror... the penguinity...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: About ouch........
The Penguinisity.......................ORIGINAL: Terminus
Alas, the ignominy... the horror... the penguinity...





