I suck
Moderator: MOD_SPWaW
RE: I suck
I use Paint to save them as JPEG's, and to add text occasionally. Did you mean something else?
Goblin
Goblin
RE: I suck
Why this talk about photos?ORIGINAL: FlashfyreSP
Paint won't work for adjusting screenshots; you need a Photoshop-type program, one that can deal with photo files
UO Screenshot Utility don't seem to have any settings for that. I would gladly take recommendations for alternatives.Also, make sure your screencapture program is using the SPWAW palette of colors
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.
MekWars
MekWars
RE: I suck
down load GIMP2 from internet its more direct and user friendly.
RE: I suck
Why? I thought it is image processing software and nothing else.ORIGINAL: Riun T
down load GIMP2 from internet
Besides UOSU seems pretty straightforward but for some reason it don't work for me with SPWAW.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.
MekWars
MekWars
- FlashfyreSP
- Posts: 1192
- Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:39 am
- Location: Combat Information Center
- Contact:
RE: I suck
JPEGs are photo-quality image files; for best results editing them, you should use photo image editing software.
If you are seeing color issues, then you don't have your screencapture settigs set right for the SPWAW color palette. How to do that depends on what screencapture program you use. I use HyperSnap and it works fine, except for a couple of colors that I have to adjust manually. I don't know how the other programs handle the palette; maybe the help guide that comes with them can be of some assistance?
If you are seeing color issues, then you don't have your screencapture settigs set right for the SPWAW color palette. How to do that depends on what screencapture program you use. I use HyperSnap and it works fine, except for a couple of colors that I have to adjust manually. I don't know how the other programs handle the palette; maybe the help guide that comes with them can be of some assistance?
RE: I suck
I take the captures as bit-maps throu the UO,, that uses the paint format by default thruo uo to save them to a seperate file,, then I go into that file and open up the microsoft Paint type bit-maps with GIMP2 and export the converted to j-peg and reduced in quality screenshots back into saved as gimpfiled under 200K-bits for downloading into the forum. any questions!!??
RE: I suck
Thank you! Now PLEASE tell me what colors you need adjust manually and how is it done?ORIGINAL: FlashfyreSP
I use HyperSnap and it works fine, except for a couple of colors that I have to adjust manually.
[edit]...and how screenshot is taken with this program anyway?[/edit]
When you open screenshot with Gimp, does it look like mine above?any questions!!??
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.
MekWars
MekWars
- FlashfyreSP
- Posts: 1192
- Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:39 am
- Location: Combat Information Center
- Contact:
RE: I suck
ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen
Thank you! Now PLEASE tell me what colors you need adjust manually and how is it done?ORIGINAL: FlashfyreSP
I use HyperSnap and it works fine, except for a couple of colors that I have to adjust manually.
[edit]...and how screenshot is taken with this program anyway?[/edit]
When you open screenshot with Gimp, does it look like mine above?any questions!!??
HyperSnap allows you to set 'hotkeys' for different screen capture events. You can catch full-screen, window, cursor-only, user-defined regions, and more.
The colors that HyperSnap has difficulty with is one of the 'black' shades, and one of the 'grey' shades. There is a "color replacement" tool that lets you set the "old" color and the "new" color, and apply those changes to every capture.
Google HyperSnap and you should be able to find the website. It's shareware, though, unless you choose to buy the license.
RE: I suck
So it seems. What of those you use with SPWAW?ORIGINAL: FlashfyreSP
HyperSnap allows you to set 'hotkeys' for different screen capture events. You can catch full-screen, window, cursor-only, user-defined regions, and more.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.
MekWars
MekWars
- FlashfyreSP
- Posts: 1192
- Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:39 am
- Location: Combat Information Center
- Contact:
RE: I suck
Only Fullscreen. SPWAW won't work in a window, and I can always crop the control panel area out of any image if need be. I set the 'hotkey' for the Fullscreen capture to the 'Home' key; the default one is the Ctrl+Shift+F one, which is pretty clunky when trying to take captures of the action.
RE: I suck
I did just that (trying with default first), and there still isn't picture from game. I got some shots of this forum though. Am I missing some trick here?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.
MekWars
MekWars
- FlashfyreSP
- Posts: 1192
- Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:39 am
- Location: Combat Information Center
- Contact:
RE: I suck
Check the path to where the captures are being saved. IIRC, the default for Hyper is your Documents folder. Also check what image format the program is using for the captures...
RE: I suck
Roger that, enabled automatic save on file, its default directory is desktop and attempt to change directory caused deadlock, luckily only for that program. Anyways attempted screenshots of SPWAW again, but no new files on desktop. Outside of game program works as excepted. And I am already beyond frustration! 

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.
MekWars
MekWars
- FlashfyreSP
- Posts: 1192
- Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:39 am
- Location: Combat Information Center
- Contact:
RE: I suck
Using HyperSnap, correct?
Under Capture tab, select capture Settings.
Select the Quick Save tab.
Check the Autosave box at the top.
Midway down the window, there is an Auto Save To field. Click the Change button.
Navigate to the directory you want the images saved to and hit Save.
Images should now be saved to that directory.
Under Capture tab, select capture Settings.
Select the Quick Save tab.
Check the Autosave box at the top.
Midway down the window, there is an Auto Save To field. Click the Change button.
Navigate to the directory you want the images saved to and hit Save.
Images should now be saved to that directory.
RE: I suck
YeahORIGINAL: FlashfyreSP
Using HyperSnap, correct?
DoneUnder Capture tab, select capture Settings.
DoneSelect the Quick Save tab.
DoneCheck the Autosave box at the top.
Default directory is desktop and attempt to change it freezes programMidway down the window, there is an Auto Save To field. Click the Change button.
They do and I've got screenshots of this forum there, but not of SPWAW!Images should now be saved to that directory.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.
MekWars
MekWars
- FlashfyreSP
- Posts: 1192
- Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:39 am
- Location: Combat Information Center
- Contact:
RE: I suck
I don't know what else to tell you. What 'hotkey' do you have for the Fullscreen capture setting? Make sure it's not one the SPWAW game uses as well. Other than that, I'm at a loss...if you get screens from your other programs, but not SPWAW, then it must be a setting that is in conflict when the game runs.
RE: I suck
I'm also confused to the screenshot u did manage to get of the steel panthers screen, is your machine giving u that picture {weird colors and such} in game??? or just screwed colors when u try to screenshot??
RE: I suck
Also I think HYPER uses the "F" keys as does SPWAW so make sure thats not the conflict zone in the process.
RE: I suck
Game looks right, screenshot doesn't.ORIGINAL: Riun T
I'm also confused to the screenshot u did manage to get of the steel panthers screen, is your machine giving u that picture {weird colors and such} in game??? or just screwed colors when u try to screenshot??
I imitated Flashfyre and mapped it to Home key.Also I think HYPER uses the "F" keys as does SPWAW so make sure thats not the conflict zone in the process.
I've also tried other screen capture programs. I got shot with one and it's as much messed up like with Print Screen and paste to Paint. I haven't got that far with others. I keep trying other programs, becouse I really want help for one Long Campaign scenario before I keep going with it.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.
MekWars
MekWars
RE: I suck
matti would u like me to do a screenshoted example of how I make the gimp work? that way u can see the steps I use.



