The Thread

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

THE THREAD!!! (you wood-eating *******)

Post by DuckofTindalos »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

aka...."Terminus and Speedy"


Can't be. The Wiki says they are polite. [;)]

True, but at the time they were on Mushrooms. (cleverly disquised as Acorns.....).

Says the Vicodin addict...[:'(]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: LOG! (you fiber deprived *******)

Post by Nikademus »

I'd have to have some to be adicted to it you SPAM spewing spigot head. [:'(]
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16743
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

i am planning on doing just that in a few months... [:D]

Worst mistake I ever made was to get a PC. I was always a Mac person and will go back to one as soon as possible.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16743
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli


My French teacher in elementary school had one with holes drilled in it. One year, the school had an auction and he put it in the auction. A group of us pooled our money together and won it. We promptly walked outside and burned it. [:D]

Some people pay good money to be spanked by French women (or at least ones in French maid outfits)[:D]

The GUY was ugly enough. In a French maid outfit..........
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16743
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Here he is at 145 x 144 pixels - which should be the biggest size it can be for the avatar...

Image

How do you do that and keep it clear?

<-----------(Unlike mine.)

Edit: Damn, up to 21 pages again.

Post the (non-reduced) original, and i'll resize it for you...

Thanks, Robert!



Image
Attachments
SqueekAttack.jpg
SqueekAttack.jpg (53.14 KiB) Viewed 329 times
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16743
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: scott1964

[:'(]

Image

Who are they? They certainly aren't Chip 'n Dale.
I think it is an early version of Chip n Dale. Sort of the beta version.

Hmmmm, they forgot Dale's red nose. It's the only way I can tell them apart.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Nothing to do with them. Mac and Tosh are gophers, not chipmunks...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Mynok »


Well they look like Things-You-Throw-Into-Brunswick-Stew....... [:D]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
scott64
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Goophy gophers

Post by scott64 »

Hey, I kinda liked goophy gophers on Saturday morning cartoons.&nbsp;[:'(]
Lucky for you, tonight it's just me


Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16743
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Mike, can you have another look at this thread?

tm.asp?m=1305034

Thanks. [:)]

I found some info. Not sure how accurate it is though. It's from Kid. *shrug*
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: THREAD!!!

Post by VSWG »

Ah, that explains it: Kid is talking about spoilage at bases, while I'm testing spoilage during overland movement of oil/res.

I'll post some numbers tomorrow, but let me already say that you won't like the amount of spoilage that occurs even on short distances with low supply path value.
Image
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: THREAD!!!

Post by Mynok »


I don't believe that is called spoilage. Bad supply paths are known to destroy a percentage of the goods that try to move through them. There's even a chart in the manual IIRC.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by niceguy2005 »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli




Who are they? They certainly aren't Chip 'n Dale.
I think it is an early version of Chip n Dale. Sort of the beta version.

"EARLY VERSION OF CHIP N DALE?!?!?!?!?" Shame on you!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goofy_Gophers
I see so these were the cheap knock-off version of Chip n Dale (tm). [:D]
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by niceguy2005 »

Bless me Thread for I have sinned. I called two meetings at work today and have yet to complete my WITP turn. [&o]
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: THREAD!!!

Post by VSWG »

ORIGINAL: Mynok


I don't believe that is called spoilage. Bad supply paths are known to destroy a percentage of the goods that try to move through them.
That's what I'm talking about.
There's even a chart in the manual IIRC.
P. 149 details supply paths, but not the correlation between supply path value and the amount of 'lost goods'. If this is explained somewhere else I've missed it...
Image
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: THREAD!!!

Post by Mynok »


Terrain chart maybe? I don't get that detailed in my game play, so I never worried about it. Just knew that I would need to keep dumping gobs of supplies at Buna to keep PM supplied decently.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: THREAD!!!

Post by VSWG »

Terrain chart maybe?
That one deals with LCU movement, but I'll look into it.
Just knew that I would need to keep dumping gobs of supplies at Buna to keep PM supplied.
I'm testing only oil/res., and not supplies/fuel overland movement, but if the numbers are the same, supplies will move very infrequently from Buna to PM, and more than 1/3 of all supplies will be lost.
Image
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: THREAD!!!

Post by Mynok »


Yep....that's about how it appears to happen.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: THREAD!!!

Post by rtrapasso »

OK - let's see how this looks:

New One:

Image

Hmmm... maybe a bit better - less grainy, i think...

OLD:
Image
Attachments
SqueakAttackAvatar.jpg
SqueakAttackAvatar.jpg (2 KiB) Viewed 331 times
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: THREAD!!!

Post by rtrapasso »

i messed with the colors and contrast a bit here:



Image

EDIT: BTW, i limited the width to 145 pixels, as the allowable largest size of the avatar is 145 x 145 pixels. i am not sure if the TOTAL size is the limiting factor or the largest dimension is the limiting factor.
Attachments
SqueakAtt..Avatar1.jpg
SqueakAtt..Avatar1.jpg (2.04 KiB) Viewed 329 times
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”