The Thread

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by VSWG »

Uhhhh, I decline! [:D]

BTW, that plane was placed in that tree, right? If a plane of that size would crash into a tree, wouldn't it disintegrate?
Image
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Uhhhh, I decline! [:D]

BTW, that plane was placed in that tree, right? If a plane of that size would crash into a tree, wouldn't it disintegrate?


Not certain - i think it was a crash... if the plane stalled out (say on landing or takeoff) it could be going quite slow when it impacted. It looks as if the wings were damaged where they make contact with the tree.

EDIT: It could also have tried to make a (bad) landing, "bounced" off the road to the right, and smacked into the tree.
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by rtrapasso »

Also, it could have been a victim of a tornado that flung the plane into the tree whilst it was parked.
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Nikademus »

ultra crappy morning tithe.....[:(]
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by rtrapasso »

What's wrong???
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Nikademus »

sigh....what isn't....

alarm didn't go off this morning so i'm an hour late to work. (and yes, they record every instance and hold it against you for up to six months) Then i get an email from the college who's requirements i've just completed in regards to pre-requisite courses just so I can have the honor of being put on the wait list for their blessed program. The email tells me essentially...."your transcripts look great...but you now need intermediate alegebra (up from occupational math) as well....please visit our website blah blah....."

Right now thats at least a two course deal for me as i've not done any Algebra since high school. (that translates into another half year's worth of school work time wise) I'm so discouraged right now i just want to drink myself into a stupor. Their waiting list is already two years long.

Coming here [the website...not the thread] even adds to the bullspit.....i've got Castor Troy wailing about a ghost DUR penalty ruining his nikmod game.

life just sucks this morning. [:(]
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by rtrapasso »

Yeah, when a bunch of stuff lands on you all at once, it can be overwhelming... [:(]

but, you can always have LOG take out your frustrations on THREAD... [;)]
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

LOG!!

Post by VSWG »

[:(]

Compassionate title change since Nik forgot to do it...
Image
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by niceguy2005 »

* Morning tithe.
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by niceguy2005 »

Sorry to hear of your troubles Nik. YOu no what they say, when all else fails, punt a cat...or better yet, put some custom ears and a tail on your boss and punt him. [;)]
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by niceguy2005 »

ORIGINAL: VSWG

BTW, that plane was placed in that tree, right? If a plane of that size would crash into a tree, wouldn't it disintegrate?
I think its real. After careful examination, the planes wings seem to suggest it did impact the tree moving horizontally. My guess would be a stall.

I take that back. Now that I look at it, it would appear it dropped into the tree from above, based on the pattern of broken and unbroken branches.
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Nikademus »

I don't think i even have the heart for LOG this morning....my wood is indeed in ashes .....
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by rtrapasso »

Well, stall is a word you can use when the plane runs out of gas...

(NTSB report says the plane ran out of gas)

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...13X31556&key=1

EDIT:

Odd, i get to the website from another location, but putting the link here doesn't work:

Anyway, it says:

"NTSB Identification: LAX87LA268 .
The docket is stored on NTSB microfiche number 34198.
14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation
Accident occurred Wednesday, July 15, 1987 in OAKLAND, CA
Probable Cause Approval Date: 8/31/1988
Aircraft: CESSNA 150G, registration: N3487J
Injuries: 1 Uninjured.
AT THE END OF A CROSS COUNTRY FLT, THE PLT HAD JUST BEEN CLEARED TO LAND WHEN THE ENGINE SPUTTERED THEN QUIT. UNABLE TO LAND AT THE ARPT THE PLT MADE AN EMERGENCY LANDING ON A ROAD WHERE THE ACFT COLLIDED WITH THE TERRAIN AND NOSED OVER. INSPECTION OF THE ACFT REVEALED THAT THERE WAS APRX ONE AND HALF GALLONS OF FUEL IN THE LEFT FUEL TANK AND THE RIGHT WAS EMPTY. THERE WERE NO MECHANICAL FAILURES OR MALFUNCTIONS REPORTED.


The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows:

FLUID,FUEL..STARVATION
FUEL CONSUMPTION CALCULATIONS..MISJUDGED..PILOT IN COMMAND
REFUELING..NOT PERFORMED..PILOT IN COMMAND



Contributing Factors

TERRAIN CONDITION..ROUGH/UNEVEN
PREFLIGHT PLANNING/PREPARATION..POOR..PILOT IN COMMAND"
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by niceguy2005 »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

I don't think i even have the heart for LOG this morning....my wood is indeed in ashes this morning.....
Nik, will they not put you on the waiting list until you complete those courses?
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by VSWG »

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

I take that back. Now that I look at it, it would appear it dropped into the tree from above, based on the pattern of broken and unbroken branches.
Yeah, that's what caught my attention, too. I think they 'shaped' that plane with hammer, and then used a crane to place it onto a strong branch. Think about it: it's a perfect and eye-catching advertisment for a flight school...

Edit: Okay, problem solved!
Image
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by niceguy2005 »

ORIGINAL: VSWG
ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

I take that back. Now that I look at it, it would appear it dropped into the tree from above, based on the pattern of broken and unbroken branches.
Yeah, that's what caught my attention, too. I think they 'shaped' that plane with hammer, and then used a crane to place it onto a strong branch. Think about it: it's a perfect and eye-catching advertisment for a flight school...
I'm not at all sure I want to fly with them. [:D] Personally I think it was a Dutch replacement pilot.[8|]




Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: VSWG
ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

I take that back. Now that I look at it, it would appear it dropped into the tree from above, based on the pattern of broken and unbroken branches.
Yeah, that's what caught my attention, too. I think they 'shaped' that plane with hammer, and then used a crane to place it onto a strong branch. Think about it: it's a perfect and eye-catching advertisment for a flight school...

Not a GOOD advertisement for the flight school, but certainly eye-catching [X(]

See NTSB report above...
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16756
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

ORIGINAL: VSWG
ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

I take that back. Now that I look at it, it would appear it dropped into the tree from above, based on the pattern of broken and unbroken branches.
Yeah, that's what caught my attention, too. I think they 'shaped' that plane with hammer, and then used a crane to place it onto a strong branch. Think about it: it's a perfect and eye-catching advertisment for a flight school...
I'm not at all sure I want to fly with them. [:D] Personally I think it was a Dutch replacement pilot.[8|]





......or 95% of Japanese replacement pilots after 7 Dec 41. [:(]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16756
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

I look at it as 36 HI gone forever. [:(]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by VSWG »

Even bad advertisment is advertisment... [;)]

But it looks like you're right.
Image
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”