The Thread
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
RE: The THREAD!!!
Uhhhh, I decline! [:D]
BTW, that plane was placed in that tree, right? If a plane of that size would crash into a tree, wouldn't it disintegrate?
BTW, that plane was placed in that tree, right? If a plane of that size would crash into a tree, wouldn't it disintegrate?

RE: The THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: VSWG
Uhhhh, I decline! [:D]
BTW, that plane was placed in that tree, right? If a plane of that size would crash into a tree, wouldn't it disintegrate?
Not certain - i think it was a crash... if the plane stalled out (say on landing or takeoff) it could be going quite slow when it impacted. It looks as if the wings were damaged where they make contact with the tree.
EDIT: It could also have tried to make a (bad) landing, "bounced" off the road to the right, and smacked into the tree.
RE: The THREAD!!!
Also, it could have been a victim of a tornado that flung the plane into the tree whilst it was parked.
RE: The THREAD!!!
ultra crappy morning tithe.....[:(]
RE: The THREAD!!!
sigh....what isn't....
alarm didn't go off this morning so i'm an hour late to work. (and yes, they record every instance and hold it against you for up to six months) Then i get an email from the college who's requirements i've just completed in regards to pre-requisite courses just so I can have the honor of being put on the wait list for their blessed program. The email tells me essentially...."your transcripts look great...but you now need intermediate alegebra (up from occupational math) as well....please visit our website blah blah....."
Right now thats at least a two course deal for me as i've not done any Algebra since high school. (that translates into another half year's worth of school work time wise) I'm so discouraged right now i just want to drink myself into a stupor. Their waiting list is already two years long.
Coming here [the website...not the thread] even adds to the bullspit.....i've got Castor Troy wailing about a ghost DUR penalty ruining his nikmod game.
life just sucks this morning. [:(]
alarm didn't go off this morning so i'm an hour late to work. (and yes, they record every instance and hold it against you for up to six months) Then i get an email from the college who's requirements i've just completed in regards to pre-requisite courses just so I can have the honor of being put on the wait list for their blessed program. The email tells me essentially...."your transcripts look great...but you now need intermediate alegebra (up from occupational math) as well....please visit our website blah blah....."
Right now thats at least a two course deal for me as i've not done any Algebra since high school. (that translates into another half year's worth of school work time wise) I'm so discouraged right now i just want to drink myself into a stupor. Their waiting list is already two years long.
Coming here [the website...not the thread] even adds to the bullspit.....i've got Castor Troy wailing about a ghost DUR penalty ruining his nikmod game.
life just sucks this morning. [:(]
RE: The THREAD!!!
Yeah, when a bunch of stuff lands on you all at once, it can be overwhelming... [:(]
but, you can always have LOG take out your frustrations on THREAD... [;)]
but, you can always have LOG take out your frustrations on THREAD... [;)]
- niceguy2005
- Posts: 12522
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
- Location: Super secret hidden base
- niceguy2005
- Posts: 12522
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
- Location: Super secret hidden base
RE: The THREAD!!!
Sorry to hear of your troubles Nik. YOu no what they say, when all else fails, punt a cat...or better yet, put some custom ears and a tail on your boss and punt him. [;)]

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
- niceguy2005
- Posts: 12522
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
- Location: Super secret hidden base
RE: The THREAD!!!
I think its real. After careful examination, the planes wings seem to suggest it did impact the tree moving horizontally. My guess would be a stall.ORIGINAL: VSWG
BTW, that plane was placed in that tree, right? If a plane of that size would crash into a tree, wouldn't it disintegrate?
I take that back. Now that I look at it, it would appear it dropped into the tree from above, based on the pattern of broken and unbroken branches.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
RE: The THREAD!!!
I don't think i even have the heart for LOG this morning....my wood is indeed in ashes .....
RE: The THREAD!!!
Well, stall is a word you can use when the plane runs out of gas...
(NTSB report says the plane ran out of gas)
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...13X31556&key=1
EDIT:
Odd, i get to the website from another location, but putting the link here doesn't work:
Anyway, it says:
"NTSB Identification: LAX87LA268 .
The docket is stored on NTSB microfiche number 34198.
14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation
Accident occurred Wednesday, July 15, 1987 in OAKLAND, CA
Probable Cause Approval Date: 8/31/1988
Aircraft: CESSNA 150G, registration: N3487J
Injuries: 1 Uninjured.
AT THE END OF A CROSS COUNTRY FLT, THE PLT HAD JUST BEEN CLEARED TO LAND WHEN THE ENGINE SPUTTERED THEN QUIT. UNABLE TO LAND AT THE ARPT THE PLT MADE AN EMERGENCY LANDING ON A ROAD WHERE THE ACFT COLLIDED WITH THE TERRAIN AND NOSED OVER. INSPECTION OF THE ACFT REVEALED THAT THERE WAS APRX ONE AND HALF GALLONS OF FUEL IN THE LEFT FUEL TANK AND THE RIGHT WAS EMPTY. THERE WERE NO MECHANICAL FAILURES OR MALFUNCTIONS REPORTED.
The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows:
FLUID,FUEL..STARVATION
FUEL CONSUMPTION CALCULATIONS..MISJUDGED..PILOT IN COMMAND
REFUELING..NOT PERFORMED..PILOT IN COMMAND
Contributing Factors
TERRAIN CONDITION..ROUGH/UNEVEN
PREFLIGHT PLANNING/PREPARATION..POOR..PILOT IN COMMAND"
(NTSB report says the plane ran out of gas)
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...13X31556&key=1
EDIT:
Odd, i get to the website from another location, but putting the link here doesn't work:
Anyway, it says:
"NTSB Identification: LAX87LA268 .
The docket is stored on NTSB microfiche number 34198.
14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation
Accident occurred Wednesday, July 15, 1987 in OAKLAND, CA
Probable Cause Approval Date: 8/31/1988
Aircraft: CESSNA 150G, registration: N3487J
Injuries: 1 Uninjured.
AT THE END OF A CROSS COUNTRY FLT, THE PLT HAD JUST BEEN CLEARED TO LAND WHEN THE ENGINE SPUTTERED THEN QUIT. UNABLE TO LAND AT THE ARPT THE PLT MADE AN EMERGENCY LANDING ON A ROAD WHERE THE ACFT COLLIDED WITH THE TERRAIN AND NOSED OVER. INSPECTION OF THE ACFT REVEALED THAT THERE WAS APRX ONE AND HALF GALLONS OF FUEL IN THE LEFT FUEL TANK AND THE RIGHT WAS EMPTY. THERE WERE NO MECHANICAL FAILURES OR MALFUNCTIONS REPORTED.
The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows:
FLUID,FUEL..STARVATION
FUEL CONSUMPTION CALCULATIONS..MISJUDGED..PILOT IN COMMAND
REFUELING..NOT PERFORMED..PILOT IN COMMAND
Contributing Factors
TERRAIN CONDITION..ROUGH/UNEVEN
PREFLIGHT PLANNING/PREPARATION..POOR..PILOT IN COMMAND"
- niceguy2005
- Posts: 12522
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
- Location: Super secret hidden base
RE: The THREAD!!!
Nik, will they not put you on the waiting list until you complete those courses?ORIGINAL: Nikademus
I don't think i even have the heart for LOG this morning....my wood is indeed in ashes this morning.....

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
RE: The THREAD!!!
Yeah, that's what caught my attention, too. I think they 'shaped' that plane with hammer, and then used a crane to place it onto a strong branch. Think about it: it's a perfect and eye-catching advertisment for a flight school...ORIGINAL: niceguy2005
I take that back. Now that I look at it, it would appear it dropped into the tree from above, based on the pattern of broken and unbroken branches.
Edit: Okay, problem solved!

- niceguy2005
- Posts: 12522
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
- Location: Super secret hidden base
RE: The THREAD!!!
I'm not at all sure I want to fly with them. [:D] Personally I think it was a Dutch replacement pilot.[8|]ORIGINAL: VSWG
Yeah, that's what caught my attention, too. I think they 'shaped' that plane with hammer, and then used a crane to place it onto a strong branch. Think about it: it's a perfect and eye-catching advertisment for a flight school...ORIGINAL: niceguy2005
I take that back. Now that I look at it, it would appear it dropped into the tree from above, based on the pattern of broken and unbroken branches.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
RE: The THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: VSWG
Yeah, that's what caught my attention, too. I think they 'shaped' that plane with hammer, and then used a crane to place it onto a strong branch. Think about it: it's a perfect and eye-catching advertisment for a flight school...ORIGINAL: niceguy2005
I take that back. Now that I look at it, it would appear it dropped into the tree from above, based on the pattern of broken and unbroken branches.
Not a GOOD advertisement for the flight school, but certainly eye-catching [X(]
See NTSB report above...
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16757
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: The THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: niceguy2005
I'm not at all sure I want to fly with them. [:D] Personally I think it was a Dutch replacement pilot.[8|]ORIGINAL: VSWG
Yeah, that's what caught my attention, too. I think they 'shaped' that plane with hammer, and then used a crane to place it onto a strong branch. Think about it: it's a perfect and eye-catching advertisment for a flight school...ORIGINAL: niceguy2005
I take that back. Now that I look at it, it would appear it dropped into the tree from above, based on the pattern of broken and unbroken branches.
......or 95% of Japanese replacement pilots after 7 Dec 41. [:(]
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16757
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku




