I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
treespider
Posts: 5781
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:34 am
Location: Edgewater, MD

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by treespider »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

ORIGINAL: castor troy

Needs a spam filter to filter out those 5 word spam posts of you on and on and on....

Five word spam posts? Hmmm.... [:D] [:'(]


You forgot your [sarcasm] tag...

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by DuckofTindalos »

I suppose I could do a two-word "spam" post, but...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
treespider
Posts: 5781
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:34 am
Location: Edgewater, MD

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by treespider »

ORIGINAL: treespider

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

ORIGINAL: castor troy

Needs a spam filter to filter out those 5 word spam posts of you on and on and on....

Five word spam posts? Hmmm.... [:D] [:'(]


You forgot your [sarcasm] tag...


Think that was five words...
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
User avatar
treespider
Posts: 5781
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:34 am
Location: Edgewater, MD

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by treespider »

ORIGINAL: treespider

ORIGINAL: treespider

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso




Five word spam posts? Hmmm.... [:D] [:'(]


You forgot your [sarcasm] tag...


Think that was five words...

Ahhh, yes it was five!!!
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
User avatar
treespider
Posts: 5781
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:34 am
Location: Edgewater, MD

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by treespider »

ORIGINAL: treespider

ORIGINAL: treespider

ORIGINAL: treespider





You forgot your [sarcasm] tag...


Think that was five words...

Ahhh, yes it was five!!!


Five words are so limiting....
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by DuckofTindalos »

But shows greater skill and dedication...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: treespider

ORIGINAL: treespider

ORIGINAL: treespider




Think that was five words...

Ahhh, yes it was five!!!


Five words are so limiting....

So true, my fellow Threadster!!! [:D] [:D]
User avatar
treespider
Posts: 5781
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:34 am
Location: Edgewater, MD

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by treespider »

Back to the original post...
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
User avatar
treespider
Posts: 5781
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:34 am
Location: Edgewater, MD

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by treespider »

Which units took the loss?
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
User avatar
treespider
Posts: 5781
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:34 am
Location: Edgewater, MD

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by treespider »

What were the units doing?
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
User avatar
castor troy
Posts: 14331
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:17 am
Location: Austria

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by castor troy »

US fighter squadrons in Burma that were flying CAP. It was AVG and I think 20 FS. They were set on escort with a low percentage on CAP to be more precise. But they flew nowhere as no bombers took off, nor was the base (Rangoon) attacked.

Nevertheless there were planes shot down in A2A. For me - only for me - this seems strange. But of course it could be my special copy. Ahh, now I realize, the spammer wanted to help... [X(]
User avatar
treespider
Posts: 5781
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:34 am
Location: Edgewater, MD

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by treespider »

ORIGINAL: castor troy

US fighter squadrons in Burma that were flying CAP. It was AVG and I think 20 FS. They were set on escort with a low percentage on CAP to be more precise. But they flew nowhere as no bombers took off, nor was the base (Rangoon) attacked.

Nevertheless there were planes shot down in A2A. For me - only for me - this seems strange. But of course it could be my special copy. Ahh, no I realize, the spammer wanted to help... [X(]

Any reconn flown over base?
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
User avatar
castor troy
Posts: 14331
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:17 am
Location: Austria

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: treespider

ORIGINAL: castor troy

US fighter squadrons in Burma that were flying CAP. It was AVG and I think 20 FS. They were set on escort with a low percentage on CAP to be more precise. But they flew nowhere as no bombers took off, nor was the base (Rangoon) attacked.

Nevertheless there were planes shot down in A2A. For me - only for me - this seems strange. But of course it could be my special copy. Ahh, no I realize, the spammer wanted to help... [X(]

Any reconn flown over base?

Don´t know. Could be that there was a Dinah II. But if I compare the combat report with the operational report then I don´t see any Zeroes shooting down other planes but the operational report shows this:

PO2 Hirano R. of F1/Yamada Daitai is credited with kill number 2
PO2 Minegishi S. of F1/Yamada Daitai is credited with kill number 2
FO Lewis W. of AVG is credited with kill number 2
LTJG Sakai, S. of F1/Tainan Daitai is credited with kill number 2
WO Shimakawa, M. of F1/Tainan Daitai is credited with kill number 2
LTJG Kurakane R. of F1/Yamada Daitai is credited with kill number 2


The F1 Tainan and Yamada Daitais are flying Zeroes, aren´t they? For me it looks like there was a fight between those and the AVG as FO Lewis is also credited with a kill.
User avatar
treespider
Posts: 5781
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:34 am
Location: Edgewater, MD

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by treespider »

ORIGINAL: castor troy

ORIGINAL: treespider

ORIGINAL: castor troy

US fighter squadrons in Burma that were flying CAP. It was AVG and I think 20 FS. They were set on escort with a low percentage on CAP to be more precise. But they flew nowhere as no bombers took off, nor was the base (Rangoon) attacked.

Nevertheless there were planes shot down in A2A. For me - only for me - this seems strange. But of course it could be my special copy. Ahh, no I realize, the spammer wanted to help... [X(]

Any reconn flown over base?

Don´t know. Could be that there was a Dinah II. But if I compare the combat report with the operational report then I don´t see any Zeroes shooting down other planes but the operational report shows this:

PO2 Hirano R. of F1/Yamada Daitai is credited with kill number 2
PO2 Minegishi S. of F1/Yamada Daitai is credited with kill number 2
FO Lewis W. of AVG is credited with kill number 2
LTJG Sakai, S. of F1/Tainan Daitai is credited with kill number 2
WO Shimakawa, M. of F1/Tainan Daitai is credited with kill number 2
LTJG Kurakane R. of F1/Yamada Daitai is credited with kill number 2


The F1 Tainan and Yamada Daitais are flying Zeroes, aren´t they? For me it looks like there was a fight between those and the AVG as FO Lewis is also credited with a kill.


Me thinks...recon was escorted.
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: castor troy

ORIGINAL: treespider

ORIGINAL: castor troy

US fighter squadrons in Burma that were flying CAP. It was AVG and I think 20 FS. They were set on escort with a low percentage on CAP to be more precise. But they flew nowhere as no bombers took off, nor was the base (Rangoon) attacked.

Nevertheless there were planes shot down in A2A. For me - only for me - this seems strange. But of course it could be my special copy. Ahh, no I realize, the spammer wanted to help... [X(]

Any reconn flown over base?

Don´t know. Could be that there was a Dinah II. But if I compare the combat report with the operational report then I don´t see any Zeroes shooting down other planes but the operational report shows this:

PO2 Hirano R. of F1/Yamada Daitai is credited with kill number 2
PO2 Minegishi S. of F1/Yamada Daitai is credited with kill number 2
FO Lewis W. of AVG is credited with kill number 2
LTJG Sakai, S. of F1/Tainan Daitai is credited with kill number 2
WO Shimakawa, M. of F1/Tainan Daitai is credited with kill number 2
LTJG Kurakane R. of F1/Yamada Daitai is credited with kill number 2


The F1 Tainan and Yamada Daitais are flying Zeroes, aren´t they? For me it looks like there was a fight between those and the AVG as FO Lewis is also credited with a kill.

You MIGHT see this if CAP and LRCAP tangled - but according to most people, this isn't supposed to happen (although, of course, IRL it would happen).
User avatar
castor troy
Posts: 14331
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:17 am
Location: Austria

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: treespider

ORIGINAL: castor troy

ORIGINAL: treespider




Any reconn flown over base?

Don´t know. Could be that there was a Dinah II. But if I compare the combat report with the operational report then I don´t see any Zeroes shooting down other planes but the operational report shows this:

PO2 Hirano R. of F1/Yamada Daitai is credited with kill number 2
PO2 Minegishi S. of F1/Yamada Daitai is credited with kill number 2
FO Lewis W. of AVG is credited with kill number 2
LTJG Sakai, S. of F1/Tainan Daitai is credited with kill number 2
WO Shimakawa, M. of F1/Tainan Daitai is credited with kill number 2
LTJG Kurakane R. of F1/Yamada Daitai is credited with kill number 2


The F1 Tainan and Yamada Daitais are flying Zeroes, aren´t they? For me it looks like there was a fight between those and the AVG as FO Lewis is also credited with a kill.


Me thinks...recon was escorted.

Since when do recons get escorts? [X(]
User avatar
treespider
Posts: 5781
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:34 am
Location: Edgewater, MD

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by treespider »

Don't forget....CAP wanders also...
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
User avatar
castor troy
Posts: 14331
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:17 am
Location: Austria

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: treespider

Don't forget....CAP wanders also...


I know that CAP can go out for two hexes but the base where my opponents planes are coming from is Tavoy and that base is at least 3 hexes (I think even 4) away from Rangoon. Though I have to say I´ve never seen recons getting escorts.
User avatar
treespider
Posts: 5781
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:34 am
Location: Edgewater, MD

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by treespider »

ORIGINAL: castor troy


Since when do recons get escorts? [X(]

It was just a thought...
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
User avatar
castor troy
Posts: 14331
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:17 am
Location: Austria

RE: I really have to say that I hate those f§%$%" bugs of this game

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: treespider

ORIGINAL: castor troy


Since when do recons get escorts? [X(]

It was just a thought...


yes, a good thought, really! This could be a good point. Though as I´ve said, I´ve never seen recons with escorts.
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”