Screenshots

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

Banquet
Posts: 1190
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:04 pm
Location: England

RE: Screenshots

Post by Banquet »

Looks great simovitch! [:)]
flintlock
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:33 am

RE: Screenshots

Post by flintlock »

Robin Pirez's "A Back to Colored Paper" mod was a nice option for CotA. Perhaps we may get something similar for BftB.

/fingers crossed

--
User avatar
jhdeerslayer
Posts: 1224
Joined: Sat May 25, 2002 3:24 pm
Location: Michigan

RE: Screenshots

Post by jhdeerslayer »

I use Robyn's also and very nice!
Arsan
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:08 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain

RE: Screenshots

Post by Arsan »

ORIGINAL: Deerslayer

I use Robyn's also and very nice!


Me too!! [&o]
User avatar
06 Maestro
Posts: 3997
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:50 pm
Location: Nevada, USA

RE: Screenshots

Post by 06 Maestro »

Colored Paper is my favorite also.  I do go for variety in looks, so the Captains gets some use too.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
simovitch
Posts: 5950
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:01 pm

RE: Screenshots

Post by simovitch »

Here's a couple more shots of some of the more well known locations:

Image
Attachments
bastogne.jpg
bastogne.jpg (196.36 KiB) Viewed 443 times
simovitch

User avatar
simovitch
Posts: 5950
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:01 pm

RE: Screenshots

Post by simovitch »

and...

Image
Attachments
troisponts.jpg
troisponts.jpg (188.72 KiB) Viewed 443 times
simovitch

aysi
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:27 am

RE: Screenshots

Post by aysi »

This looks great,when is this puppy out?
User avatar
Arjuna
Posts: 17768
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Canberra, Australia
Contact:

RE: Screenshots

Post by Arjuna »

We're aiming for the middle of the year.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
User avatar
wodin
Posts: 10709
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:13 am
Location: England
Contact:

RE: Screenshots

Post by wodin »

Any chance there could be two sets of maps one for snow and one for when its not snowing?
User avatar
simovitch
Posts: 5950
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:01 pm

RE: Screenshots

Post by simovitch »

As soon as Bil gets me some new map graphics, it shall be done. I'd like to see what he comes up with just as much as the next guy[;)]
simovitch

User avatar
Arjuna
Posts: 17768
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Canberra, Australia
Contact:

RE: Screenshots

Post by Arjuna »

And I'm the next guy! [;)]
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
User avatar
sterckxe
Posts: 1897
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:09 am
Location: Flanders
Contact:

RE: Screenshots

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna
And I'm the next guy! [;)]

Please form an orderly queue .... behind me [;)]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

User avatar
Arjuna
Posts: 17768
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Canberra, Australia
Contact:

RE: Screenshots

Post by Arjuna »

A queue...isn't that terribly British of you old boy. You've been associating with that Ray chap too much I fear.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
RayWolfe
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:40 pm
Location: Kent in the UK

RE: Screenshots

Post by RayWolfe »

If there is just one thing that I hope we leave amongst the chaos in our wake, it's queuing. So civilised compared to those rough Continentals.
Ray
User avatar
sterckxe
Posts: 1897
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:09 am
Location: Flanders
Contact:

RE: Screenshots

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna
A queue...isn't that terribly British of you old boy. You've been associating with that Ray chap too much I fear.

That and my two English dogs - it seems I'm picking up bad English habbits from all of you ... and fleas too [;)]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

barbarossa2
Posts: 915
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:13 am

RE: Screenshots

Post by barbarossa2 »

I would still love to see an option for toggling countour lines, like on a topo map. This seems to be the most intuitive for many of us who grew up on topo maps! Maybe red lines. Or black. I dunno. But looks great. Already excited!
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
User avatar
Arjuna
Posts: 17768
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Canberra, Australia
Contact:

RE: Screenshots

Post by Arjuna »

Here's a couple of screen shots taken from a small test scenario I set up today. It's purpose was to test the new DetermineInitialConstructions() code. This is designed to have the AI convert any SecureCrossing task set in the ScenMaker ( SM ) to a ConstructBridge task if it starts already blown and the WillRebuild checkbox is set in the SM. The germans start a lot of scenarios in BFTB with blown crossings to secure.

Note that I'm using Bil Hardenberger's new map graphics - well his second draft. They're a work in progress but I do like them so far.

Image
Attachments
Bridgebeingbuilt.jpg
Bridgebeingbuilt.jpg (135.31 KiB) Viewed 444 times
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
User avatar
Arjuna
Posts: 17768
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Canberra, Australia
Contact:

RE: Screenshots

Post by Arjuna »

Here the bridge has been built and the Germans have achieved their objective.

Image
Attachments
BridgeBui..Crossing.jpg
BridgeBui..Crossing.jpg (142.03 KiB) Viewed 443 times
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
User avatar
Plodder
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:56 pm
Location: New Zealand

RE: Screenshots

Post by Plodder »

Nice colours[:)] I hope he can make the contrast between elevations stronger.It's still a bit hard to tell between them.

First screenshots and I'm already criticizing..[:D]

The new code looks interesting though...
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
Post Reply

Return to “Command Ops Series”