Favre Demands Trade

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

RE: Favre Demands Trade

Post by Marc von Martial »

ORIGINAL: Knuckles_85

Having played American football I have to say you have some misconceptions. Yes we wore pads but they didn't cover everything. Your entire backside is exposed from your butt down. There are no coverings for your arms or hands. From your knees down there are also no covering. In soccer people primarily go for the ball. In American football the main objective is going for the person with the ball. There are no collisions in soccer as there are in American football. Another thing to note is American football is played in the bitter cold which makes the skin more prone to nasty gashes. If you think soccer is tough then try running into a guy that's 250lbs. that's running full speed at you not once, not twice but about 50 times a game.

You know I have played both. Both in teams, not bar hobby sports. I prefer a tackle over a kick in the knees anyday.
User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

RE: Favre Demands Trade

Post by Marc von Martial »

ORIGINAL: robpost3

pucks, ice, sticks, boxing...need I say more

Image

I think we can all agree that hockey is just the right sport [:D]
User avatar
goodwoodrw
Posts: 2665
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:19 pm

RE: Favre Demands Trade

Post by goodwoodrw »

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Nothing better than Austrailian rules football for me. I wish America would telecast more of those games than silly childish rt kickfest soccer. lo (haha rt kickfest soccer)

Good to see some foreigners know what th're talking about. mind u I think aussie rules sucks at the moment, my team has lost its first six games of the season maybe thats 7 and a week ago were beaten by 157 points
Formerly Goodwood

anarchyintheuk
Posts: 3958
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: Favre Demands Trade

Post by anarchyintheuk »

Love Aussie Rules as well. Just wish they didn't change the ref's uniforms. The hats ruled.
User avatar
ravinhood
Posts: 3829
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:26 am

RE: Favre Demands Trade

Post by ravinhood »

I can't see the puck in hockey so I don't care for it much. Aussie football though, man I could watch that all day everyday and on weekends too. ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?


User avatar
Arctic Blast
Posts: 1157
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:58 am
Contact:

RE: Favre Demands Trade

Post by Arctic Blast »

Maybe it's the Canadian in me, but I've never understood the problems seeing a black puck on white ice...?
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
User avatar
robpost3
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:02 pm
Location: the backwoods of Mass.

RE: Favre Demands Trade

Post by robpost3 »

ORIGINAL: Arctic Blast

Maybe it's the Canadian in me, but I've never understood the problems seeing a black puck on white ice...?
[:D]
The Yankee Motto:
Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make do,
Or do without.
"God Help us, and God, come yourself.
Don't send Jesus, this is no place for children."


User avatar
goodwoodrw
Posts: 2665
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:19 pm

RE: Favre Demands Trade

Post by goodwoodrw »

yep nothing beat the white hats and white dust coats the goal umpires wore, now they wear green, red, blue or yellow polo tops and crappy baseball hats, darn where has all that tradition gone[:D]
Formerly Goodwood

User avatar
Zap
Posts: 3631
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:13 am
Location: LAS VEGAS TAKE A CHANCE

RE: Favre Demands Trade

Post by Zap »

pucks, ice, sticks, boxing...need I say more


Now there was a sport that was strickly "street fighting" until they cleaned it up, recently.
Maiq
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 8:48 am

RE: Favre Demands Trade

Post by Maiq »

Farve is getting old and it's time for him to go. US football is kind of slow and boring. Too much body armor
User avatar
Arctic Blast
Posts: 1157
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:58 am
Contact:

RE: Favre Demands Trade

Post by Arctic Blast »

My problem with the Packers, though, is the keep begging him to come back, insisting they'll build a contender...then don't add anyone of immediate significance, yet claim they aren't rebuilding. Pick one, and move on...please!
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
User avatar
Knuckles_85
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2002 8:31 am
Location: The hell known as Wisconsin

RE: Favre Demands Trade

Post by Knuckles_85 »

Last year stats:

Rex Grossman CHI 3193 yards 480 att. 262 compl. 23 TD 20 int. 73.9 rating

Brett Favre GB 3885 yards 613 att 343 compl. 18 TD 18 INT 72.7 rating

Now what I can't understand is is this is considered a good year for Brett Favre and an utter disaster for Grossman. Why is that?
Me: God that guy is annoying

Co-worker: What would Jesus do?

Me: I don't know set him on fire and send him to hell?
mjk428
Posts: 872
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 3:29 am
Location: Western USA

RE: Favre Demands Trade

Post by mjk428 »

ORIGINAL: Knuckles_85

Last year stats:

Rex Grossman CHI 3193 yards 480 att. 262 compl. 23 TD 20 int. 73.9 rating

Brett Favre GB 3885 yards 613 att 343 compl. 18 TD 18 INT 72.7 rating

Now what I can't understand is is this is considered a good year for Brett Favre and an utter disaster for Grossman. Why is that?

I wouldn't consider that a good year for a veteran QB, certainly not for a QB that's considered great by some.

As for Grossman, he had an even higher interception pct. than Favre but more critically he was terribly inconsistent. He had some great games but also some of the worst games of the season by anyone. Consistency may be the most important attribute of a pro QB. Most teams can't afford any "throw away" games. Luckily for the Bears last year they could. Grossman's tendency to fold when the spotlight was on him is why I think he's not ready for prime time - and probably never will be at this point. Not replacing him when he was foundering may have done him a long-term disservice. Now he's a head case.
User avatar
Raindog101
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:10 pm
Location: Hole-in-the-Wall

RE: Favre Demands Trade

Post by Raindog101 »

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

ORIGINAL: Knuckles_85

Having played American football I have to say you have some misconceptions. Yes we wore pads but they didn't cover everything. Your entire backside is exposed from your butt down. There are no coverings for your arms or hands. From your knees down there are also no covering. In soccer people primarily go for the ball. In American football the main objective is going for the person with the ball. There are no collisions in soccer as there are in American football. Another thing to note is American football is played in the bitter cold which makes the skin more prone to nasty gashes. If you think soccer is tough then try running into a guy that's 250lbs. that's running full speed at you not once, not twice but about 50 times a game.

You know I have played both. Both in teams, not bar hobby sports. I prefer a tackle over a kick in the knees anyday.

Would you like to be hit full speed by a 340 lb defensive tackle, jacked-up on meth and coke, able to run 40 yards in 4 sec, who wants only to hurt you really, really bad?
Image
User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

RE: Favre Demands Trade

Post by Marc von Martial »

ORIGINAL: Old Eagle101

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

ORIGINAL: Knuckles_85

Having played American football I have to say you have some misconceptions. Yes we wore pads but they didn't cover everything. Your entire backside is exposed from your butt down. There are no coverings for your arms or hands. From your knees down there are also no covering. In soccer people primarily go for the ball. In American football the main objective is going for the person with the ball. There are no collisions in soccer as there are in American football. Another thing to note is American football is played in the bitter cold which makes the skin more prone to nasty gashes. If you think soccer is tough then try running into a guy that's 250lbs. that's running full speed at you not once, not twice but about 50 times a game.

You know I have played both. Both in teams, not bar hobby sports. I prefer a tackle over a kick in the knees anyday.

Would you like to be hit full speed by a 340 lb defensive tackle, jacked-up on meth and coke, able to run 40 yards in 4 sec, who wants only to hurt you really, really bad?

Well like I sayed, I have been tackled quite a few times by defense players that were almost double my weight and 3 heads taller [;)]
User avatar
ravinhood
Posts: 3829
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:26 am

RE: Favre Demands Trade

Post by ravinhood »

So that's what's wrong with you, you've been brain pummeled in football.....ahhhhh everything is much clearer now. ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?


Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”