From here to...well...it SEEMS like an eternity
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
-
rockmedic109
- Posts: 2470
- Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 11:02 am
- Location: Citrus Heights, CA
RE: 7th..no 3rd Cavalry to the rescue
Checkoff for fishing in another man's pond
__ Does husband or any of his family or friends own a gun?
__ Is husband a master of a martial art?
__ Does husband own a crowbar?
__ Does husband have enough money to hire someone who owns a gun or a crowbar?
If the answer to any of the above questions is yes then your answer to the lady in question is NO.
This is modified from my original list which began "Is husband a pacifist?" With age comes wisdom.
__ Does husband or any of his family or friends own a gun?
__ Is husband a master of a martial art?
__ Does husband own a crowbar?
__ Does husband have enough money to hire someone who owns a gun or a crowbar?
If the answer to any of the above questions is yes then your answer to the lady in question is NO.
This is modified from my original list which began "Is husband a pacifist?" With age comes wisdom.
- bobogoboom
- Posts: 3799
- Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
- Location: Dallas
RE: 7th..no 3rd Cavalry to the rescue
was drunk sorry[:D]
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
RE: 7th..no 3rd Cavalry to the rescue
ORIGINAL: bobogoboom
was drunk sorry[:D]
Oh, sure, that's what they all say. [:'(]
I would like to thank those who offered sage advice. I am impressed with the wealth of knowledge on this subject. Because of this, I have perhaps avoided a serious life error; however, despite her encumbrances, she is really good looking and I am now reduced to shopping for cell phones tonight as I have nothing else to do. I hope you are all happy!

- bobogoboom
- Posts: 3799
- Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
- Location: Dallas
RE: 7th..no 3rd Cavalry to the rescue
I kinda made the error you almost made last night(i will say i was not aware of her marital/almost marital status at the time). It's a BAD idea and i will now be having to avoid some places for a while..
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
RE: 7th..no 3rd Cavalry to the rescue
ORIGINAL: bobogoboom
I kinda made the error you almost made last night(i will say i was not aware of her marital/almost marital status at the time). It's a BAD idea and i will now be having to avoid some places for a while..
Try the cell phone store..pretty safe. I will not be going to Idaho for a while..which is a bummer because I am a dry-fly nut.
Now for something more manly. A computer wargame!
Allied Aces to date:
23rd and 24th FG USAAF have been doing some heavy lifting in the CBI theater. 23rd FG include pilots from AVG which was folded into the 23rd.

- Attachments
-
- untitled.jpg (42.44 KiB) Viewed 356 times

- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
"101 Ways Not to Get Killed.....
in the Mitchell B-25C"
by Capt. J. Doe, USAAF
forward by M. Minderbinder
c. 1942, M&M Publications, Aukland & Pitcarin

by Capt. J. Doe, USAAF
forward by M. Minderbinder
c. 1942, M&M Publications, Aukland & Pitcarin

- Attachments
-
- 0C2D2D6D93..457F4EB2.jpg (154.8 KiB) Viewed 356 times

- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
Combat Wound Badge
Poor Oskar. Many nights he can be heard crying softly for his mother in his bunk. Well, at least the effects of the mineral supplement wore off.
Speaking of mineral supplements and the like. She called me again last night and wanted me to meet her again. It seems she is in town
for her adoptive father's funeral..and it was the next day (today in other words). [X(] [:(]
Aj caramba! I begged off but I think I just entered a hex with 20,000 sea mines and have no minesweeper. If I don't post anything for 7 calender days without explanation please call the Orange County Sheriff's Dept. and any taxidermists you can find in the phone book.

Speaking of mineral supplements and the like. She called me again last night and wanted me to meet her again. It seems she is in town
for her adoptive father's funeral..and it was the next day (today in other words). [X(] [:(]
Aj caramba! I begged off but I think I just entered a hex with 20,000 sea mines and have no minesweeper. If I don't post anything for 7 calender days without explanation please call the Orange County Sheriff's Dept. and any taxidermists you can find in the phone book.

- Attachments
-
- untitled.jpg (23.41 KiB) Viewed 356 times

RE: Combat Wound Badge
Will fish the Santa Ana river for your body. You shall receive a full Viking funeral!
Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/view/staffmonkeys/home
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
Bad news for the Imperial Guards
ORIGINAL: witpqs
Will fish the Santa Ana river for your body. You shall receive a full Viking funeral!
Cool idea about the Viking funeral but make sure you file an EIA. The Coastal Commission will eat you alive if you don't. Also, don't forget Snuggles, my teddy bear and the copy of Killer Angels on the nightstand. I shall be wanting something to read in Valhalla.

- Attachments
-
- perthn.jpg (115.54 KiB) Viewed 356 times

- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Bad news for the Imperial Guards
Notify M&M's map editing department that they misspelled "siege" and "Japanese"...[;)][:'(]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
Editor's Note
Editor's Note:
Please note, the generally accepted spelling for the envelopment of military target is "siege". Our research does indicate; however, that
among certain inbred groups "seige" is an accepted alternative. Under no circumstances is the spelling "Japanes" correct for the residents of Japan. Thank you for you kind cards and letters.
margin note: Please make sure that cretin, Terminus, is off the invite list. Also, make sure the secretary doesn't include any more margin notes in the published text. That can be God awful awkward.
Gen: Marshall
PS And I don't want a repeat of the Truman fiasco. If he shows up at the company Christmas party there will be Hell to pay.
[:'(]
Please note, the generally accepted spelling for the envelopment of military target is "siege". Our research does indicate; however, that
among certain inbred groups "seige" is an accepted alternative. Under no circumstances is the spelling "Japanes" correct for the residents of Japan. Thank you for you kind cards and letters.
margin note: Please make sure that cretin, Terminus, is off the invite list. Also, make sure the secretary doesn't include any more margin notes in the published text. That can be God awful awkward.
Gen: Marshall
PS And I don't want a repeat of the Truman fiasco. If he shows up at the company Christmas party there will be Hell to pay.
[:'(]

RE: Editor's Note
ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
Editor's Note:
Please note, the generally accepted spelling for the envelopment of military target is "siege". Our research does indicate; however, that
among certain inbred groups "seige" is an accepted alternative. Under no circumstances is the spelling "Japanes" correct for the residents of Japan. Thank you for you kind cards and letters.
margin note: Please make sure that cretin, Terminus, is off the invite list. Also, make sure the secretary doesn't include any more margin notes in the published text. That can be God awful awkward.
Gen: Marshall
PS And I don't want a repeat of the Truman fiasco. If he shows up at the company Christmas party there will be Hell to pay.
[:'(]
Watch out - he occasionally branches out into punctuation as well!! [:D]
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Editor's Note
Consider yourself on notice...[:D][:D][:D][:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
RUBLE
From the office of Vice-Chairman War Planning Board, 9-5-1942


- Attachments
-
- ww164737.jpg (62.7 KiB) Viewed 356 times

- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
Operation "Clean Sweep"
"Ruble" is safe for now.


- Attachments
-
- untitled.jpg (35.98 KiB) Viewed 356 times

- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
Operation "Clean Sweep"
************Office of the Director, FBI, Washington, DC, 16:40, 9/6/42*********
Mr. Hoover peruses a field report on Operation Clean Sweep. He leans back in his chair, the binder resitng on is lipid laden belly. He seems impressed. He picks up the microphone for a wire recorder and toggles the switch.
"Miss Whitehead, remind me to hire more Mormons. They are very thorough and are most unlikely to be Communists or homosexuals" <he stiffles a giggle and briefly toggles the record button> "Also, get the author of this report in here. I want to know how MacArthur got on this list. I thought he was dead or abducted or something"
Mr. Hoover peruses a field report on Operation Clean Sweep. He leans back in his chair, the binder resitng on is lipid laden belly. He seems impressed. He picks up the microphone for a wire recorder and toggles the switch.
"Miss Whitehead, remind me to hire more Mormons. They are very thorough and are most unlikely to be Communists or homosexuals" <he stiffles a giggle and briefly toggles the record button> "Also, get the author of this report in here. I want to know how MacArthur got on this list. I thought he was dead or abducted or something"

- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Operation "Clean Sweep"
"Page 1 of 44"... Ooops![:D][:D][:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.





