From here to...well...it SEEMS like an eternity

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

rockmedic109
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 11:02 am
Location: Citrus Heights, CA

RE: 7th..no 3rd Cavalry to the rescue

Post by rockmedic109 »

Checkoff for fishing in another man's pond

__   Does husband or any of his family or friends own a gun?
__   Is husband a master of a martial art?
__   Does husband own a crowbar?
__   Does husband have enough money to hire someone who owns a gun or a crowbar?


If the answer to any of the above questions is yes then your answer to the lady in question is NO.

This is modified from my original list which began "Is husband a pacifist?"  With age comes wisdom.
User avatar
bobogoboom
Posts: 3799
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: 7th..no 3rd Cavalry to the rescue

Post by bobogoboom »

was drunk sorry[:D]
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.
Image
Sig art by rogueusmc
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: 7th..no 3rd Cavalry to the rescue

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

was drunk sorry[:D]

Oh, sure, that's what they all say. [:'(]

I would like to thank those who offered sage advice. I am impressed with the wealth of knowledge on this subject. Because of this, I have perhaps avoided a serious life error; however, despite her encumbrances, she is really good looking and I am now reduced to shopping for cell phones tonight as I have nothing else to do. I hope you are all happy!

Image
User avatar
bobogoboom
Posts: 3799
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: 7th..no 3rd Cavalry to the rescue

Post by bobogoboom »

I kinda made the error you almost made last night(i will say i was not aware of her marital/almost marital status at the time). It's a BAD idea and i will now be having to avoid some places for a while..
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.
Image
Sig art by rogueusmc
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: 7th..no 3rd Cavalry to the rescue

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

I kinda made the error you almost made last night(i will say i was not aware of her marital/almost marital status at the time). It's a BAD idea and i will now be having to avoid some places for a while..

Try the cell phone store..pretty safe. I will not be going to Idaho for a while..which is a bummer because I am a dry-fly nut.

Now for something more manly. A computer wargame!

Allied Aces to date:

23rd and 24th FG USAAF have been doing some heavy lifting in the CBI theater. 23rd FG include pilots from AVG which was folded into the 23rd.

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (42.44 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

"101 Ways Not to Get Killed.....

Post by Cap Mandrake »

in the Mitchell B-25C"

by Capt. J. Doe, USAAF
forward by M. Minderbinder
c. 1942, M&M Publications, Aukland & Pitcarin

Image
Attachments
0C2D2D6D93..457F4EB2.jpg
0C2D2D6D93..457F4EB2.jpg (154.8 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Combat Wound Badge

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Poor Oskar. Many nights he can be heard crying softly for his mother in his bunk. Well, at least the effects of the mineral supplement wore off.


Speaking of mineral supplements and the like. She called me again last night and wanted me to meet her again. It seems she is in town
for her adoptive father's funeral..and it was the next day (today in other words). [X(] [:(]

Aj caramba! I begged off but I think I just entered a hex with 20,000 sea mines and have no minesweeper. If I don't post anything for 7 calender days without explanation please call the Orange County Sheriff's Dept. and any taxidermists you can find in the phone book.





Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (23.41 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Image
User avatar
witpqs
Posts: 26376
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:48 pm
Location: Argleton

RE: Combat Wound Badge

Post by witpqs »

Will fish the Santa Ana river for your body. You shall receive a full Viking funeral!
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Bad news for the Imperial Guards

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Will fish the Santa Ana river for your body. You shall receive a full Viking funeral!

Cool idea about the Viking funeral but make sure you file an EIA. The Coastal Commission will eat you alive if you don't. Also, don't forget Snuggles, my teddy bear and the copy of Killer Angels on the nightstand. I shall be wanting something to read in Valhalla.

Image
Attachments
perthn.jpg
perthn.jpg (115.54 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Bad news for the Imperial Guards

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Notify M&M's map editing department that they misspelled "siege" and "Japanese"...[;)][:'(]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Editor's Note

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Editor's Note:

Please note, the generally accepted spelling for the envelopment of military target is "siege". Our research does indicate; however, that
among certain inbred groups "seige" is an accepted alternative. Under no circumstances is the spelling "Japanes" correct for the residents of Japan. Thank you for you kind cards and letters.

margin note: Please make sure that cretin, Terminus, is off the invite list. Also, make sure the secretary doesn't include any more margin notes in the published text. That can be God awful awkward.

Gen: Marshall


PS And I don't want a repeat of the Truman fiasco. If he shows up at the company Christmas party there will be Hell to pay.





[:'(]
Image
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Editor's Note

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Editor's Note:

Please note, the generally accepted spelling for the envelopment of military target is "siege". Our research does indicate; however, that
among certain inbred groups "seige" is an accepted alternative. Under no circumstances is the spelling "Japanes" correct for the residents of Japan. Thank you for you kind cards and letters.

margin note: Please make sure that cretin, Terminus, is off the invite list. Also, make sure the secretary doesn't include any more margin notes in the published text. That can be God awful awkward.

Gen: Marshall


PS And I don't want a repeat of the Truman fiasco. If he shows up at the company Christmas party there will be Hell to pay.



[:'(]

Watch out - he occasionally branches out into punctuation as well!! [:D]
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Editor's Note

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Consider yourself on notice...[:D][:D][:D][:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RUBLE

Post by Cap Mandrake »

...

Image
Attachments
lyb.jpg
lyb.jpg (79.36 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RUBLE

Post by Cap Mandrake »

From the office of Vice-Chairman War Planning Board, 9-5-1942

Image
Attachments
ww164737.jpg
ww164737.jpg (62.7 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Image
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: RUBLE

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

...

Image


Hoover's Note to Self: After last missive, I guess I must place tail on myself. Avoid dress shops until further notice!
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: RUBLE

Post by DuckofTindalos »

[:D][:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Operation "Clean Sweep"

Post by Cap Mandrake »

"Ruble" is safe for now.

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (35.98 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Operation "Clean Sweep"

Post by Cap Mandrake »

************Office of the Director, FBI, Washington, DC, 16:40, 9/6/42*********


Mr. Hoover peruses a field report on Operation Clean Sweep. He leans back in his chair, the binder resitng on is lipid laden belly. He seems impressed. He picks up the microphone for a wire recorder and toggles the switch.

"Miss Whitehead, remind me to hire more Mormons. They are very thorough and are most unlikely to be Communists or homosexuals" <he stiffles a giggle and briefly toggles the record button> "Also, get the author of this report in here. I want to know how MacArthur got on this list. I thought he was dead or abducted or something"
Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Operation "Clean Sweep"

Post by DuckofTindalos »

"Page 1 of 44"... Ooops![:D][:D][:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”