From here to...well...it SEEMS like an eternity

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
kaleun
Posts: 5144
Joined: Tue May 28, 2002 10:57 pm
Location: Colorado

RE: Bolo boy

Post by kaleun »

What I really need is someone to tell me to "just say no"


Resistance is futile....Just join the Borg.
Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu
User avatar
witpqs
Posts: 26376
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:48 pm
Location: Argleton

RE: Bolo boy

Post by witpqs »

Tell her about Schroedinger's cat. Tell her that you just couldn't stand not knowing the fate of the little feller, so you opened the box, and killed the cat. [:(] That oughta do it.
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Bolo boy

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: kaleun

Resistance is futile....Just join the Borg.

I think I may already be in the Borg. How do I get out?


The striking confluence of Greta Garbo's birthday and the Emperor's Bar Mitzvah celebration makes September 18, 1942 the least violent day of the WWIIb!

--Resistance has ended on Midway.
--A desultory bombardment at Perth does not come near the Japs. The gunner's hearts are not in it, not with the Greta Garbo marathon being put on by the Perth Welcoming Committee.
--The combatants in Burma rest in a cooling rain, singing drinking songs to each other across the trench lines.
--All Allied and Jap submariners cease their combat patrols to celebrate. The Allies to drink and line up to kiss the Greta Garbo poster on the bulkhead (ugggh...well they had a lot to drink) and the Japanese to form a circle in the crampt confines and sing H'ava Nagila. Captain Ito is so moved, he gives a can of M&M sea urchin roe to every third crewman of the I-125
--Allied and Japanese fighter pilots wave at each other and decline combat.
--Nobody hits a mine.
--Russia doesn't eneter the war
--No B-25's experience icing problems and have to be saved by a 6,000 foot Armenian Orthodox priest.
--The welders at Pitcarin get an extra half hour for lunch!



Behind me, field and meadow sleeping,
I leave in deep, prophetic night,
Within whose dread and holy keeping
The better soul awakes to light.
The wild desires no longer win us,
The deeds of passion cease to chain;
The love of Man revives within us,
The love of God revives again.


Goethe



Of course, all this good will can't last forever [;)] There is scarcity to be created and money to be made.




Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (26.58 KiB) Viewed 314 times
Image
User avatar
Moondawggie
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:11 am
Location: Placer County CA

Mandrake, you are getting too diffused here...

Post by Moondawggie »

Yow! Enough with these nuclear decay pathways: they remind me of those brutal radiobiology lectures during residency. BTW, are you turning into a nuke?

Then there's the Idaho girl---sigh! Reminds me of undergrad days at UCLA---Oboy!. Good luck, Chuck...

And then you get all touchy/feely about Greta Garbo pictures and the Emperor's Bar Mitzvahs, and a day-long stand-down from action...


Focus there, amigo! Get back with the program!

Ask yourself: WWMD? (what would Milo do?)

There are things to be broken and people to kill---so get moving! How else you gonna make some long green (or, as Captain Ito would say, long Gord!)

Scarcity doesn't come naturally, you know. It has to be created!
"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg
User avatar
bobogoboom
Posts: 3799
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: Mandrake, you are getting too diffused here...

Post by bobogoboom »

Doh thought i was posting in the thread sorry cap.
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.
Image
Sig art by rogueusmc
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Mandrake, you are getting too diffused here...

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

Doh thought i was posting in the thread sorry cap.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your beard.



Oh, yeah. If you don't have a beard may you grow one in your sleep so the fleas will have somewhere to infest.


Speaking of body hair. Psyops email update. I got a picture in my email of the $60 wax job. It is an arrow pointing downward. Pretty dang funny and more than a little bit effective from a psyops standpoint. I think my fortificaion level just dropped 3 points to a level two.


Sorry, the picture is copyrighted. FYI...the carpet doesn't match the drapes [:-]
Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Mandrake, you are getting too diffused here...

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Good Lord...[X(][:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Mandrake, you are getting too diffused here...

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Moondawggie.....

Ask yourself: WWMD? (what would Milo do?)

There are things to be broken and people to kill---so get moving! How else you gonna make some long green (or, as Captain Ito would say, long Gord!)

Scarcity doesn't come naturally, you know. It has to be created!


WWMD [:)]

Let's see. Scarcity. It seems to me sex is already too scarce as far as most guys are concerned. Perhaps it could be marketed in some fashion. Hmmm?

Just trying to think outside the box, as they say.



Send turn..now! ...Before I get into trouble.
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Quake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Wow..we just had a really sharp quake here when I was writing something about Milo and Yossarian. Maybe its a sign.

I'm sorry...really I am. I was just joking about Father Emmanoulides. Or maybe it's a sign about.....
Image
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: Mandrake, you are getting too diffused here...

Post by VSWG »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Speaking of body hair. Psyops email update. I got a picture in my email of the $60 wax job. It is an arrow pointing downward. Pretty dang funny and more than a little bit effective from a psyops standpoint. I think my fortificaion level just dropped 3 points to a level two.
It dropped? I thought it would rise... [;)] Ooops, sorry, couldn't resist... Is this AAR r-rated yet?

Anyway, because you quoted Germany's national poet, and for writing the funniest AAR in the forum, you certainly deserve to be decorated:

Image

Just don't sell it on Ebay immediately... [:-]
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Mandrake, you are getting too diffused here...

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Image

Just don't sell it on Ebay immediately... [:-]


Cool .....Pour le Merite. Thank you sir.



4.7 quake centered about 5 miles away. Not very big but it explains the ground motion was quite strong here and the peak accleration was high. Didn't last very long.
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Thinking outside the box

Post by Cap Mandrake »

*************Aboard USS Chandeleur, Tasman Sea, bearing westerly, 13:20, Sept 15, 1942******************


Milo: Your safety primer on the Mitchell B-25 is selling like hotcakes. I am having it translated into Dutch.

Yossarian: Dutch? I'll be damned.

Milo: Too late.

Yossarian: There was a time I would have thought that funny.

Milo: Yes, I noticed. You seem to have lost your edge.

Yossarian: I have suppressed my edge.

Milo: Why would you want to do that?

Yossarian: I don't want to go through this again.

Milo: Through what? The seas are fine. The food is ..wel..OK

Yossarian: No, I mean the war. I don't want to go through the war again.

Milo: Oh, you won't.

Yossarian: Can you promise me?

Milo: Ok, OK. I promise you I will let you sleep in the Lincoln Bedroom sometimes.

Yossarian: Milo, you crazy SOB. That is not what I mean and you know it.

Milo: Ok, I promise. No more wiring from the de-icer circuits.

Yossarian: Damn you for that, you SOB! I had to do 500 Hail Marys

Milo: Too late. By the way, you may be happy to know the sound sytem in the Captain's cabin on Enterpise turned out great! Kimmel ordered retrofits on Wasp and Saratoga. <conversation lags>....Yossarian, I wouldn't worry so much about the war. Despite my best efforts, we are starting to win.

Yossarian: What a shame, eh?

Milo: Nah. It had to happen. I am not worried. I have some ideas.

Yossarian: I have no doubt you do, you crazy SOB. How's business..other than the publication thing I mean?

Milo: Well, I have been doing some thinking on those icebreakers. I am thinking of doing some co-marketing. I do think Ito is cheating us, though. Sales are way down in the East Indies and and New Guinea, but up over 200% in the Central Pacific. I suspect he is falsifying sales data, shifting sales to one area where he is likely skimming profits. Most likely something bad happened to that chap on the Jap destroyer.

Yossarian: I wouldn't be surprised if Ito tried to kill him with a torpedo. Why don't you just fire him?

Milo: Are you kidding? He is doing what I would be doing in his situation. This orgnaization rewards creative thinking.

Yossarian: Creative thinking? You said he was cheating?

Milo: He is.

Yossarian: So fire the SOB.

Milo: I will not. Gross sales are up. Net profits are up. It seems only the incentives were previously misaligned in the Central Pacific.

Yossarian: Milo, you crazy SOB. You are the most pragmatic person I have ever met. No sense letting the fate of one's everlasting soul get in the way of decisions.

Milo: Thanks, Mr. Vice President! That is the nicest thing anyone other than the Flt. Lt. has said to me in months. By the way, we have an interview with Stars and Stripes at three......Oh, and don't let me forget to change the business cards to the Sydney address.
Image
Cuttlefish
Posts: 2454
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:03 am
Location: Oregon, USA

RE: Thinking outside the box

Post by Cuttlefish »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Most likely something bad happened to that chap on the Jap destroyer.

I think it's safe to say that Milo would call acquiring a case of ethics "something bad"...
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Thinking outside the box

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Cuttlefish
ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Most likely something bad happened to that chap on the Jap destroyer.

I think it's safe to say that Milo would call acquiring a case of ethics "something bad"...

"Something bad" happened to the whole ship (in the first battle of Perth) [;)]
Image
User avatar
ny59giants
Posts: 9902
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm

RE: Thinking outside the box

Post by ny59giants »

I was on AS-34 USS Canopus back in the "Cold War" and when the end of the fiscal year came around, you got very creative on what things the shop (and yourself) needed. Had to spend all the yearly budget or they would cut back on you the next year.&nbsp;Boomer's got the "best."
&nbsp;
Can we say nice toolboxes and "foul weather" gear??[;)][;)]
All this while being in Spain and Charleston, SC [:D]
[center]Image[/center]
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Safety tip

Post by Cap Mandrake »

IMPORTANT SAFETY ALERT:

When doing a small drywall remodel job in your bathroom, never, ever put the drywall texture spray on the right of the sink where you keep you deodorant spray (or switch to roll-on).


BTW...I got another psyops message. It went something like this:
"Can you breathe through your ears"? [:D]

She also said she hired a divorce lawyer. Well....I guess that would make it OK.

Things looking up in Burma. More later.

BTW...NYGiants. USS Canopus is at Diamond Harbour. I'm not sure what you could buy there.
Image
User avatar
witpqs
Posts: 26376
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:48 pm
Location: Argleton

RE: Safety tip

Post by witpqs »

[X(]



Image
Attachments
Glennalex.jpg
Glennalex.jpg (15.67 KiB) Viewed 314 times
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: Safety tip

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Sounds like you'll be able to skip the gym for a few months with all the other excersize youre gonna get, Mandrake.
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Egads! (or however you spell that)

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Buried on page 2?? Aj caramba!

Amazing day in the air too. Only one Allied aircraft lost int he entire Pacific Theater. I will post the screenshot when I get home.

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (29.29 KiB) Viewed 314 times
Image
T Rav
Posts: 417
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 6:59 am

RE: Egads! (or however you spell that)

Post by T Rav »

Capt Mandrake, you are accorded a Bravo Zulu in this afternoon's reports. See below.

On a second note, your "Velcro effect" is acceptable can be attributed to the Clausewitz concept known as "Friction" See below.

Bravo Zulu is a naval term that is roughly equivalent to well done, but more meaningful to any sailor.

Clausewitz terms "friction" the "only concept that more or less corresponds to the factors that distinguish real war from war on paper." Friction is caused mainly by war's demanding physical efforts, and by the presence of unclear information or the fog of war.

Fair Winds,
T Rav

Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”