We still on for a release today?

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

rawink
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:32 pm
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Contact:

We still on for a release today?

Post by rawink »

I heard rumor that the goods were received on Friday..

does this mean the shipping will begin Monday? could it be ... Possible.. that we might get some of them on Tuesday? (I paid the next day air charge).

just curious :) I want to know whether I should get all freaked out, and end up not sleeping at all Monday night.

help me plan my week please!!!
Robert
Fly, die.. rinse and repeat
Rob Roberson
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 8:46 am

Lies, **** lies and statistics

Post by Rob Roberson »

Thats the rumor...needless to say I will be tracking my order tomorrow :)
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

Post by Ron Saueracker »

Coolness...:cool:
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
Hartmann
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Hartmann »

... keeping fingers crossed ...

Hartmann
bobstr27
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat May 11, 2002 1:27 am

Post by bobstr27 »

Well, it's Monday. 4 AM here. Where's the game!!!!!!!!!
Sonny
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:51 pm

Post by Sonny »

Originally posted by bobstr27
Well, it's Monday. 4 AM here. Where's the game!!!!!!!!!
Go back to sleep for a few hours. Let the rest of the world catch up to you.:)
Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "
User avatar
Grouchy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Nuenen, Noord-Brabant, Nederland
Contact:

Post by Grouchy »

F5
.....


F5...

F5

F5

F5........
....

F5

:rolleyes:
Image
User avatar
U2
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Västerås,Sweden
Contact:

Tomorrow?

Post by U2 »

Not today I guess:mad: Tomorrow perhaps:confused: Its 16:30 over here so I guess they still have time to ship in the U S of A. Cant trust those yanks!:)

Dan
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

Gentlemen...

Post by Erik Rutins »

The shipping date has only ever been announced as "around the 15th". We remain on target to meet that shipping date. Be assured that if we are ready to ship earlier than the 15th, we will start shipping! :-)

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
User avatar
U2
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Västerås,Sweden
Contact:

No more fun today

Post by U2 »

Guess I can go to bed then and start all over again tomorrow.
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

Shipping Status

Post by Erik Rutins »

According the the information I have, the printer shipped the copies later than they had promised, but they will still arrive in time for our promised date. This is exactly why we leave ourselves some leeway, since our past experience has been filled with mistakes on the part of our contractors. In the end, those mistakes end up reflecting on us even when we have no control over them. We were determined in this case not to allow that to happen again.

Multiple folks here at Matrix have been watching this whole process like hawks - our primary concern is to get these copies safely into your hands now! The same vigilance allowed us to catch the bug in our store software before it caused any harm. We're doing our best to make sure everything goes as smoothly as can be expected.

Everything is in FedEx's hands and should arrive in the warehouse sometime tomorrow. That means that realistically we should start shipping on the 15th, just as promised. That's the latest information I have, I'll keep you posted if things change.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Rob Roberson
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 8:46 am

Woohoo!

Post by Rob Roberson »

Which means that extra $25 I paid for 1 day ups will find a copy of this jewel in my hands on friday RIGHT before the weekend!
User avatar
Grouchy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Nuenen, Noord-Brabant, Nederland
Contact:

Post by Grouchy »

I live in europe and (pre)ordered at one of your oversee dealers.

Are there copies already underway to those dealers or have they first go through Matrix hands and from there sended to the dealers?
Image
User avatar
Bart_Breedyk
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu May 02, 2002 3:58 am
Location: Ottawa

Post by Bart_Breedyk »

I REALLY hope it shows up before the weekend, it's a long one up here in Canada.

(Queen Victoria's B'Day)

B
Game slut
User avatar
U2
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Västerås,Sweden
Contact:

Post by U2 »

Originally posted by Barticus
I REALLY hope it shows up before the weekend, it's a long one up here in Canada.

(Queen Victoria's B'Day)

B
Same problem here. If it ships on wednesday it wont be here before the weekend and monday is a national holiday here in Sweden so I guess that I will have it on tuesday. I will not be able to stand Americans and Canadians that will get it before the weekend.

Dan
Hartmann
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2000 10:00 am

Re: Woohoo!

Post by Hartmann »

Originally posted by Rob Roberson
Which means that extra $25 I paid for 1 day ups will find a copy of this jewel in my hands on friday RIGHT before the weekend!
Wow, Rob, you paid the extra? I thought about that, too, but only for a (long and torturous ;)) moment. In the end I decided that we've been waiting for so long that another couple of days don't really matter ... I guess ...

Hartmann
User avatar
Sinjen
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:27 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Post by Sinjen »

I went with the 2-day air shipping myself. The one day was just too much. I ordered 2 copies, if I could have convinced my friend to share the extra shipping expense I might have gone 1-day. I'm hoping if they ship Wednesday that I'll see it by Friday here in Florida. A pleasant surprise would be shipping tommorow and a Thursday arrival though. :)
juliet7bravo
Posts: 893
Joined: Wed May 30, 2001 8:00 am

Post by juliet7bravo »

I went with the regular shipping, and bitterly regret it LOL.
Hartmann
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Hartmann »

Originally posted by juliet7bravo
I went with the regular shipping, and bitterly regret it LOL.
When the others will post their jubilant "got it!" messages, we will feel like idiots. :(

But paying an additional fee of almost half the price of the game just to have it 5 days earlier was just too much for me.

At least we will have 20+ bucks surplus which we can spend otherwise: I for one will buy a present for my wife (making it harder for her to nagg about my having no time ... hehe ;)).

Let's see who has the last laugh in the end. :)

Hartmann
1089
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Portland, OR

Post by 1089 »

Originally posted by Hartmann


When the others will post their jubilant "got it!" messages, we will feel like idiots. :(

But paying an additional fee of almost half the price of the game just to have it 5 days earlier was just too much for me.

At least we will have 20+ bucks surplus which we can spend otherwise: I for one will buy a present for my wife (making it harder for her to nagg about my having no time ... hehe ;)).

Let's see who has the last laugh in the end. :)

Hartmann
I am in Florida and will not get back until late on the 18th. So I ordered it with U.S. Mail. It might arrive on Saturday if they do ship on Wednesday. In any case, I will read Mogami's AAR about his crushing victories over all of his first opponents in the first twenty-seven games he played in the first day that UV arrived. Of course his only opponents will be those who ordered it it overnight, and therefore have it in hand when his email challenge arrives. Poor suckers. Paying 25 dollars for that humiliation...

kp
;)
The Earth is but a hollow nougat, reverberating with the sounds of the big bands... :cool:
Post Reply

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”