An ancient projector slows to a stop and the lights in the room come up. Several Red Army officers blink in the gathering light. On the projector table there is a copy of the "Flying Tigers". The label affixed to the can has been hand-signed. It reads, "To the men of the 307th Bomb Group; Kill some Japs. John Wayne"
Gen. Temoshenko: I enjoy dees Capeetaleest feelm very much. Please to eenforrm Mees Mae Clarke that Iya weesh to make her mya brride. <stands and looks pensively out a window> Colonel. One day wee shall have to fight the Americanski. The qualitee of their feelms and aeroplanes is very good. Please to make sure that the deetails of the B-24 are copied to dee smallest deetail.
Deputy CO: Da. I understand sir. Sir, I am cureeous about one teeng, sir.
Gen. Temoshenko: Yes, Colonel, what ees eet?
Deputy CO: Well, sir, I was wondereeng why we arrr speakeeng like thees.
Gen. Temoshenko: I am afrraid Iya do not understand, Colonel. You are my soobordeenate. I must speek the frranklee to you.
Deputy CO: Well, sir. Eet ees dee heavilee accented Eenglish. We are Rrussian, no?
Gen. Temoshenko: Da, Colonel. Deese ees trrue.














