AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

sorry, more into testing mode then in the idea of a AAR

first day, I moved JG 77 from out of the Luft 3 area, and into Luft 2, they got 109E-4s, so want them closer to the action

2nd day, I have moved some of the Stukas out of 3 and into 2, I don't plan on overly using them, but if the time comes, they will be ready

not done anything with Luft X yet, they are there to be there and make Steve wonder

parts of JG 1 up in Holland, while not helpful for the main battle, I am using to keep Steve honest, seen them coming in, should get him thinking

Standard ploy in BTR is to pull back, which I am wonder if Steve will do that, since he got hurt a bit by one of my sweeps (counter for sweeps is patrols)

and of course, day two, I am only sending in one sweep and that is from Holland, again, more to make him think, then to do anything

nothing at night this time, I want my Luft 3 bombers to get some rest

going for my 2 Radar sites again, which I think he will expect that, have a raid to Hammer Tangmare, that should look like it is going for the Radar site at Ventor

my 2 heavy raids are Tangmare and one of the 12 Group fields, I expect/hope to get about 1200-1400 RAF into the air today (if Steve has not pulled everything back)

if I do, my losses will be heavier (which I can afford) but will start to wear him out

and I am still able to rest a major part of my forces


Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Oooooh, if I didn't have AE, I'd be all over this...[&o][&o][&o]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
pompack
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:44 am
Location: University Park, Texas

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by pompack »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Oooooh, if I didn't have AE, I'd be all over this...[&o][&o][&o]

I don't have either. All I can do is read the AAR and drool on the keyboard [:(]
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Non Bombing Buggers, time to start sending the dogs to the Russian Front, oh wait, we not there yet, never mind the threat

dang

but still got a hole in the middle, I may be able to slip something in

but I did get one of airfields, dang nab it, must of missed Tangmare, guess the clouds came out, looked like it should of been a good day



Image
Attachments
nonbombingbuggers.jpg
nonbombingbuggers.jpg (130.09 KiB) Viewed 643 times
Image
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

LOL, guess that is why the High Command has lower ranks to do the easy stuff, just noticed that I flatten Tangmare

oops

Scoreing is a issue, Waynno thought he had it fixed, I questioned it, and now he thinks he found something wrong (other campaigns score correct, the short BoB ones use different systems) I am not getting cridit for the damage I am doing to the Sector AirFields, but the score was wrong from the start


Image
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

disappointed in this part, I had hoped to draw him up, but he flew less then he did yesterday, so he may of pulled back some

I think that is a mistake, but with the scoreing not being correct, it may not show up

gonna have to start tossing some recon birds out there, I don't like to waste them

22 LW to 14 RAF, kills to Steve, but I took out two more Sector Airfields

that is 5 down, with 1 damaged, with a couple of side fields burning bright

I think I am getting Evil thoughts



Image
Attachments
disappointed.jpg
disappointed.jpg (103.46 KiB) Viewed 644 times
Image
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

timing is the charm, if and when it works

yesterday, Steve didn't even react to the first set of raids, that may backfire, as today, I am sending main raids first, and then keeping them coming

he only put some 400 planes up, I aim to make him commit more today

have shifted what I have of JG 1 down to Luft 3, thinking that is where the hole is going to break open, I got the bombers in the area, I don't have the fighters, a Gruppen and a Stab is not much, but will be enough to help out

ahh, should of moved some of the 110s down there too



Image
Attachments
raids for day 3.jpg
raids for day 3.jpg (165.99 KiB) Viewed 644 times
Image
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

which just in case, I have the radar ranges turned on, you don't have to have that showing, there are other filters for the map you can turn on and off also
Image
Alfred
Posts: 6683
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:56 am

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by Alfred »

Will the defenders in BOB/BTR be able to have the radar ranges filter turned on as they vector in fighters.  This was not possible in the old BTR in the old execution phase.
 
Alfred
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Yes if they want to, I would say to turn it on and then turn it off, it gets pretty busy and the screen refresh gets a little out of wack

Image
Attachments
radarfilter.jpg
radarfilter.jpg (196.4 KiB) Viewed 644 times
Image
IKerensky
Posts: 361
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by IKerensky »

Err, I suppose it is absolutely normal... but why is there so many italians planes downed ? oO
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

15 ? that is not too bad

wait until I put them on point
Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Flying south-east is the only way you'll get them to take the lead...[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

to be honest, not fair, they were decent flyers, and most were eager for combat, once things started going south, it got a little different, and still many of them stuck it out, under bad condictions and fought well
Image
IKerensky
Posts: 361
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by IKerensky »

I was asking because that is the first game I saw italian planes in Battle of Britain...
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Well, they were in the first battle, in 1940, a small group was sent to "help" out

in the 41, since it is a what if, we have made it a what if, and added a larger group of It units
Image
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

there we go, now Steve is starting to react, and I take it on the chin

my raids to the radar finally works, and I got my holes

my raids to the AFs are a different story, if I had hit what I went after, I wouldn't mind the losses, but

1 to 2 losses is not good for my health, but he did put up over 900 planes, so that part worked (Oh boy)

also, if the scoreing was correct, it would make me a little more happy

Image
Attachments
lossesday3.jpg
lossesday3.jpg (105.74 KiB) Viewed 644 times
Image
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

but I got my hole, this may make it a little HARDer on Steve to react, my radio chatter is going to help him some, but...



Image
Attachments
gotmyhole.jpg
gotmyhole.jpg (169.68 KiB) Viewed 644 times
Image
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

of course, I got to use what I am given, but the middle of England is wide open



Image
Attachments
poorbombing.jpg
poorbombing.jpg (122.2 KiB) Viewed 644 times
Image
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

I believe the words are, my blood is my honor

time to bleed

so this is do or die, I have to break him while I got a chance

Image
Attachments
doordie.jpg
doordie.jpg (164.86 KiB) Viewed 644 times
Image
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”