I discovered this because then I sent out two DMW ships (together) to a location, and they DID lay mines (the little square appeared in the hex).
1. Why won't my minelayers do this?
2. Why can't I lay mines in a base (or potential base) hex?
Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid
Post by jhdeerslayer »
Post by jhdeerslayer »
Post by Point Luck »
Post by Supervisor »
As far as subs go I haven't found any sub chosen for mine laying OPs to have mines on board.
I noticed that certain MSW vessels have mines onboard others don't (more don't) I can't figure out if I can load mines on MSW that don't have mines on board.
Post by Mark W Carver »
Because if a Mine Warfare TF with ML or DM (with mines loaded) is set to Patrol/Do Not Retire, once it reaches it's DH, it will not lay mines. They will only lay mines if the TF is set Retirement Allowed.Originally posted by corbulo
This sounds right, that mls lay mines and mswes sweep mines, but why does the manual make sure a big deal out of setting the retirement allowed function so as to lay mines.
Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”

