They represent trails (light red), roads (dark red) and railways (black). Hit the "r" key again and the lines disappear. This feature allows you to quickly identify connections between hexes in case the map art is ambiguous.ORIGINAL: hbrsvl
2.What are the black,red & orange lines on land masses. I know the yellow(or tan) are roads, suspect the red are barriers to land/sea travel, but how about the rest?
CHS Preliminary Questions
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
RE: CHS Preliminary Questions

RE: CHS Preliminary Questions
I hate to tell you, but you still don't have the correct pwhex.dat. Please do exactly what I said in post #6 of this thread: tm.asp?m=1882879ORIGINAL: hbrsvl
Mike-Yes, size 9.
A thought. I hope AE is going to be easier to load than this mod. Any thoughts?
Thanks, HB

RE: CHS Preliminary Questions
AE will be as easy to install as WitP.ORIGINAL: hbrsvl
I hope AE is going to be easier to load than this mod.

RE: CHS Preliminary Questions
VSWG-Thanks. I just DLed the folder, reinstalled & -EUREKA-Aden is now loading oil.
Again, many thanks to all.
Roll on AE!
Hugh Browne
Again, many thanks to all.
Roll on AE!
Hugh Browne
hbrsvl
RE: CHS Preliminary Questions
Hi-Another question re CHS.
From Aden, does it make any difference where oil is sent to India? I'm sending it to Bombay, but do I need to send to different ports? If so, please tell me where.
Thanks, Hugh Browne
From Aden, does it make any difference where oil is sent to India? I'm sending it to Bombay, but do I need to send to different ports? If so, please tell me where.
Thanks, Hugh Browne
hbrsvl
RE: CHS Preliminary Questions
It does make a (small) difference: the further oil/resources have to move, the more oil/resource points will be lost to "shrinkage": tm.asp?m=1349415
IIRC Calcutta needs a lot of oil, and has a SPV of 34 (=7% of oil/resource points moving from Bombay to Calcutta are lost). However, I'd rather lose some oil/resource points to shrinkage, than lose my transports to Japanese subs, mines and planes in the Bay of Bengal.
Bottom line: ship some oil to Calcutta (especially from Burma and the DEI) as long as it is safe. When Malaya and/or Burma falls simply drop everything into Bombay.
IIRC Calcutta needs a lot of oil, and has a SPV of 34 (=7% of oil/resource points moving from Bombay to Calcutta are lost). However, I'd rather lose some oil/resource points to shrinkage, than lose my transports to Japanese subs, mines and planes in the Bay of Bengal.
Bottom line: ship some oil to Calcutta (especially from Burma and the DEI) as long as it is safe. When Malaya and/or Burma falls simply drop everything into Bombay.

RE: CHS Preliminary Questions
More ?s.
1.Can TK TFs refuel other TFs at sea?
2. In CHS do the Allies have production capabilities like the Japanese? If so, where do I go for info on this?
Thanks, Hugh Browne
1.Can TK TFs refuel other TFs at sea?
2. In CHS do the Allies have production capabilities like the Japanese? If so, where do I go for info on this?
Thanks, Hugh Browne
hbrsvl
RE: CHS Preliminary Questions
1. Yes.
2. No.
2. No.
If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?
http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki
http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki
RE: CHS Preliminary Questions
More Questions.
1. 1/18/'42, at San Diego a new squadron arrived. It's labeled 12th Fighter . It actually has A-24 Dauntless dive bombers in it. Any way to change squadron designation?
2. Transport of troops from several Commands. In Australia, there are troops labeled ANZAC Command as well as Australia Command. New Zealand also has ANZAC troops. In India there are troops from SEAC and India Command.
Where can I sea transport ANZAC troops? Port Moresby? Rabaul? Lae? Same question for India Command troops. Burma, Malaya or what?
3. I know I can transfer some ANZAC air units from New Zealand to Australia, but anywhere else?
Thanks, Hugh Browne
1. 1/18/'42, at San Diego a new squadron arrived. It's labeled 12th Fighter . It actually has A-24 Dauntless dive bombers in it. Any way to change squadron designation?
2. Transport of troops from several Commands. In Australia, there are troops labeled ANZAC Command as well as Australia Command. New Zealand also has ANZAC troops. In India there are troops from SEAC and India Command.
Where can I sea transport ANZAC troops? Port Moresby? Rabaul? Lae? Same question for India Command troops. Burma, Malaya or what?
3. I know I can transfer some ANZAC air units from New Zealand to Australia, but anywhere else?
Thanks, Hugh Browne
hbrsvl
RE: CHS Preliminary Questions
1. No.
2. ANZAC Command and India Command are restricted. You cannot sea transport troops attached to these HQs. Australia Command, New Zealand Command and SEAC are NOT restricted.
3. To all bases attached to ANZAC Command. Select an ANZAC Command base and hit the button "Show bases with same HQ" at the bottom of the base screen to see a list.
2. ANZAC Command and India Command are restricted. You cannot sea transport troops attached to these HQs. Australia Command, New Zealand Command and SEAC are NOT restricted.
3. To all bases attached to ANZAC Command. Select an ANZAC Command base and hit the button "Show bases with same HQ" at the bottom of the base screen to see a list.

-
bradfordkay
- Posts: 8686
- Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
- Location: Olympia, WA
RE: CHS Preliminary Questions
1. But you can change it to fighters via the upgrade process - at least, if you chose P(layer) D(efined) U(pgrades) as an option at the start of the game.
fair winds,
Brad
Brad
RE: CHS Preliminary Questions
Hi-A new question. 3/11/42.At LA, 27th USID arrived. Currently it has: Inf-430, other troops-2690. Unit is composed of:
USA rifle sqd. 41-(66)x10.
Support: (237)x16.
To me this is way short of what on ID should be. My question is, does the 27th get fleshed out over time? If so, any idea of how long? Also, will other divs arrive in similar shape?
Thanks, Hugh Browne
USA rifle sqd. 41-(66)x10.
Support: (237)x16.
To me this is way short of what on ID should be. My question is, does the 27th get fleshed out over time? If so, any idea of how long? Also, will other divs arrive in similar shape?
Thanks, Hugh Browne
hbrsvl
RE: CHS Preliminary Questions
Yes. Click on "Show TOE" to see the potential maximum strength of this unit.ORIGINAL: hbrsvl
My question is, does the 27th get fleshed out over time?
Months... Take a screenshot of the unit now, then again in a week, and again a week later. Do some math, and you'll be able to predict when the unit will be combat ready.If so, any idea of how long?
Keep the unit at San Francisco, this is the place where it has the fastest rebuild rate.
In CHS units arrive with various strengths. Some will be at 100%, some in similar shape as the 27 ID, many in between. You can actually click on a LCU in the "LCU reinforcement screen" and see in what shape it will arrive.Also, will other divs arrive in similar shape?
BTW, now is a good time to switch the 27th ID to a non-restricted command... [;)]

RE: CHS Preliminary Questions
USA rifle sqd. 41-(66)x10.
Support: (237)x16.
I've checked the 27th ID in my CHS game, and it arrived on Feb. 24th in much better shape than in your game:

Did you split that unit?

RE: CHS Preliminary Questions
VSWG-Thanks. Next questions.
How can I get ships (AP-AK) from Panama City to Cristobal? I have a Cbt Eng unit in Cristobal for SoPac. Really would like to get it, but every time I set up a Trans TF from Panama City, home port Cristobal, destination Cristobal, it ends up the next turn at Panama City.
Also, what use are all those HAA & LAA troops at Aden bound for SEAC? Seems to me they just eat up supplies and their support is a 1:1 ratio(36;36), etc., with no assault values.
Thanks, Hugh Browne
How can I get ships (AP-AK) from Panama City to Cristobal? I have a Cbt Eng unit in Cristobal for SoPac. Really would like to get it, but every time I set up a Trans TF from Panama City, home port Cristobal, destination Cristobal, it ends up the next turn at Panama City.
Also, what use are all those HAA & LAA troops at Aden bound for SEAC? Seems to me they just eat up supplies and their support is a 1:1 ratio(36;36), etc., with no assault values.
Thanks, Hugh Browne
hbrsvl
RE: CHS Preliminary Questions
You can't.ORIGINAL: hbrsvl
VSWG-Thanks. Next questions.
How can I get ships (AP-AK) from Panama City to Cristobal?
Simply move the troops to Panama City and load them there.I have a Cbt Eng unit in Cristobal for SoPac. Really would like to get it, but every time I set up a Trans TF from Panama City, home port Cristobal, destination Cristobal, it ends up the next turn at Panama City.
They are AA units.Also, what use are all those HAA & LAA troops at Aden bound for SEAC? Seems to me they just eat up supplies and their support is a 1:1 ratio(36;36), etc., with no assault values.

RE: CHS Preliminary Questions
Hi-Here's a new CHS question.
Are the ship stacking limits in CHS the same as in vanilla WITP? I.e., 25 merchant ships and 15 warships(to avoid the penalty)?
Thanks, Hugh Browne
Are the ship stacking limits in CHS the same as in vanilla WITP? I.e., 25 merchant ships and 15 warships(to avoid the penalty)?
Thanks, Hugh Browne
hbrsvl
-
Chris21wen
- Posts: 7910
- Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
- Location: Cottesmore, Rutland
RE: CHS Preliminary Questions
ORIGINAL: VSWG
1. No.
2. ANZAC Command and India Command are restricted. You cannot sea transport troops attached to these HQs. Australia Command, New Zealand Command and SEAC are NOT restricted.
3. To all bases attached to ANZAC Command. Select an ANZAC Command base and hit the button "Show bases with same HQ" at the bottom of the base screen to see a list.
You can change commands by spending PPs.
