Into the Breach

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: 2nd Marines

Post by Ike99 »

Finally some action.


Yes, now I can roll up the sun shields and stop using battleships as very expensive beaches.


Image
Attachments
Nagato.jpg
Nagato.jpg (50.11 KiB) Viewed 289 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: 2nd Marines

Post by Ike99 »

Five Nells lost to sink a MSW. A good price I think.


Image
Attachments
MSW.jpg
MSW.jpg (22.17 KiB) Viewed 289 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: 2nd Marines

Post by bigred »

I have not played w/ 100% ships rule.  I may be alittle too careless w/ my fleet.  I see now how careful u must be w/ your capitol ships as I may not get any later. 
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: 1st Para Bn

Post by bigred »

Two combat drops, five days.  Not bad.

Image
Attachments
_harding2rev.jpg
_harding2rev.jpg (10.84 KiB) Viewed 290 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: 2nd Marines

Post by Ike99 »

I may be alittle too careless w/ my fleet.

I think this is correct considering all things. More Allied ships have been lost now than Japanese.
[;)]


Image
Attachments
23JAN.jpg
23JAN.jpg (39.55 KiB) Viewed 289 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: PT torpedo

Post by bigred »

Had a PT boat sink a jap MSW next to Irau w/ a torpedo.  I have never seen that before.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: PT torpedo

Post by Ike99 »

Had a PT boat sink a jap MSW next to Irau w/ a torpedo.

Yes, they have hit twice now and anything with a torpedo is dangerous. I think I´m starting to clean them out a little now though.

Interesting in the naval replay with the PT boats it says ¨radar detects Japanese ships¨ Can anyone confirm or deny PT boats carried radar in Jan-43´?

Despite not taking Port Moresby and against popular belief I have not been bombed into stone (yet), have had no supply problems and the Japanese fleet moves around more or less at will.

One, perhaps two barges are being sunk per week from his bomber fleet on naval search but this is well within acceptable losses.




Image
Attachments
NG.jpg
NG.jpg (25.65 KiB) Viewed 289 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
HansBolter
Posts: 7457
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: United States

RE: PT torpedo

Post by HansBolter »

I'm not sure of the dates of implementation but PT boats were equipped with radar:

"One other addition US Navy PTs had was Raytheon SO type radar, with about a 25 nm range. Since PTs operated mainly at night, having radar gave them an advantage over the enemy in being able to locate and engage them even in zero visibility. Although radar is not specifically a weapon, its use by the PT boats made the other weapons much more effective."


(Wikipedia excerpt...for what it's worth)
Hans

User avatar
bigbaba
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:12 pm
Location: Koblenz, Germany

RE: PT torpedo

Post by bigbaba »

you are doing well ike, but as soon as bigred gets corsairs at irau, his shipping there will be immun to your air force. and he can start isolating lunga.

good luck to you but i think lunga is lost when the US get corsairs and a level 4 AF at irau.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: PT torpedo

Post by Ike99 »

you are doing well ike, but as soon as bigred gets corsairs at irau, his shipping there will be immun to your air force. and he can start isolating lunga.

good luck to you but i think lunga is lost when the US get corsairs and a level 4 AF at irau.

Yes Lunga will be lost. I plan on it´s loss from before the game began. This is why the airfield is only a size two. If he wants a heavy bomber base there first let him capture it, then let him build it. The only thing I care about is when and what the losses are.

This is certain, it will take more than C47s and a parachute group to capture it. [;)]
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: PT torpedo

Post by Ike99 »

you are doing well ike, but as soon as bigred gets corsairs at irau...

He has Corsair.

Image
Attachments
corsair.jpg
corsair.jpg (27.08 KiB) Viewed 291 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: 4th SLNF

Post by bigred »

Ike, what happened the the 4th SLNF?  IIR, it has a 50 morale?  Seems the IJA is better.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: 4th SLNF

Post by Ike99 »

Bigred put them there but seems unwilling to send in the transports to feed them.


Image
Attachments
Malaita.jpg
Malaita.jpg (28.99 KiB) Viewed 289 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

Broken Plans

Post by Ike99 »

Bigreds dream of a second airfield on Malaita island has come to an end.

Almost one thousand Allied soldiers have been killed from a seabee engineer force, base force and RCT, the rest send retreating to starve in the jungle.




Image
Attachments
M.jpg
M.jpg (63.88 KiB) Viewed 289 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: 4th SLNF

Post by Ike99 »

Into a new month. Clock ticking a little louder. Japanese point lead of 4,000 holding steady.


Image
Attachments
243.jpg
243.jpg (73.36 KiB) Viewed 289 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Broken Plans

Post by bigred »

Ike, tell them how pt146 put a fish into the Chikuma.  You should rename yourself "Tokyo Rose".
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: Broken Plans

Post by Ike99 »

Ike, tell them how pt146 put a fish into the Chikuma.

Sacrifices for the altar of victory.
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Broken Plans

Post by bigred »

ALSO, pt149 also put another fish into Chikuma.  Better run some training drills.

Image
Attachments
85-236-AZt.jpg
85-236-AZt.jpg (13.46 KiB) Viewed 289 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Broken Plans

Post by bigred »

I counted 4 1000lb and 4 500 lb bombs hit the Chikuma on the way home from Irau.  As we say in the southern US, "Come back anytime.. Ya hear...we really enjoyed your visit"  

Image
Attachments
48-031-o2.jpg
48-031-o2.jpg (12.76 KiB) Viewed 289 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Broken Plans

Post by bigred »

Woops, add 4 more 1000 pounders to the chikuma. 8 bombs and 2 torps...I bet the ChiXkuma does not make port. It seems the Mikuma and the Atago each took acouple of 1k bombs also. Everyone needs alittle iron each day.[:D]

Image
Attachments
85-236-A2.jpg
85-236-A2.jpg (13.62 KiB) Viewed 291 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”