Into the Breach

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Rossell

Post by bigred »

After a real day of thought I recall we play at 100% ships commitment. This causes me to wonder what the long term effect of my ship losses will have on the outcome of our game. On the mini screen I see a stream of IJN ships headed to Truk.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: Rossell

Post by Ike99 »

The Rossell site was prepped for 2 months before the invasion with sea mines.

Hey Ike, where is your carrier TF?



Image
Attachments
Rossel.jpg
Rossel.jpg (86.17 KiB) Viewed 312 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

Loaded Transports

Post by Ike99 »

15-March-43

Also on this day a allied landing ship struck a mine and sunk at Irau, a destroyer was sunk at Port Moresby and a cruiser damaged.


Image
Attachments
Rossell.jpg
Rossell.jpg (29.28 KiB) Viewed 312 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
anarchyintheuk
Posts: 3958
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: Rossell

Post by anarchyintheuk »

ORIGINAL: bigred

After a real day of thought I recall we play at 100% ships commitment. This causes me to wonder what the long term effect of my ship losses will have on the outcome of our game. On the mini screen I see a stream of IJN ships headed to Truk.

IIRC the total number of points on board allowed increases for the allies until a max of 12k or so near the end. Think the IJN decreases to a max of 5k or so.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: Rossell

Post by Ike99 »

On the mini screen I see a stream of IJN ships headed to Truk.


These are the free flowing supply ships dropping tons of supplies. You are welcome to bring your carriers up in between and try to cut the supply line but they wouldn´t be coming back.

¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Rossell

Post by bigred »

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

ORIGINAL: bigred

After a real day of thought I recall we play at 100% ships commitment. This causes me to wonder what the long term effect of my ship losses will have on the outcome of our game. On the mini screen I see a stream of IJN ships headed to Truk.

IIRC the total number of points on board allowed increases for the allies until a max of 12k or so near the end. Think the IJN decreases to a max of 5k or so.


Could you please define 12k and 5k.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Puhis
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:14 pm
Location: Finland

RE: Rossell

Post by Puhis »

ORIGINAL: bigred

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

ORIGINAL: bigred

After a real day of thought I recall we play at 100% ships commitment. This causes me to wonder what the long term effect of my ship losses will have on the outcome of our game. On the mini screen I see a stream of IJN ships headed to Truk.

IIRC the total number of points on board allowed increases for the allies until a max of 12k or so near the end. Think the IJN decreases to a max of 5k or so.


Could you please define 12k and 5k.

In International System of Units k means 'kilo' (=1000), so 12k is 12000 and 5k is 5000.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: Rossell

Post by Ike99 »

Could you please define 12k and 5k.
Could you please define 12k and 5k.

I´m not sure what that means either. My guess is the total number of victory points for ships in theatre at one time.


Image
Attachments
cve.jpg
cve.jpg (67.31 KiB) Viewed 312 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
anarchyintheuk
Posts: 3958
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: Rossell

Post by anarchyintheuk »

Yeah, the numbers refer to victory points.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

Corsairs

Post by Ike99 »

Once again Bigreds Corsairs fail to live up to their reputation.


Image
Attachments
24thSentai.jpg
24thSentai.jpg (49.68 KiB) Viewed 312 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
xj900uk
Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:26 pm

RE: Corsairs

Post by xj900uk »

How are you doing that? Are you catching them on the bounce, rotating sentai's to ensure that pilots are properly rested, or is it simply a case of overwhelming numbers at different altitudes? [&:]
User avatar
Miller
Posts: 2227
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:14 am
Location: Ashington, England.

RE: Corsairs

Post by Miller »

The Corsair unit probably has high fatigue and/or low morale. Attacking a fresh unit is suicide.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: Corsairs

Post by Ike99 »

How are you doing that? Are you catching them on the bounce, rotating sentai's to ensure that pilots are properly rested, or is it simply a case of overwhelming numbers at different altitudes?

Table tennis, volley ball and base ball.



Image
Attachments
IZE.jpg
IZE.jpg (18.23 KiB) Viewed 312 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Finally

Post by bigred »

Nippon propaganda:

Image
Attachments
Admiral port 3-23-43.jpg
Admiral port 3-23-43.jpg (97.98 KiB) Viewed 312 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Sub action 3-23

Post by bigred »

Sub attack at 20,3

Japanese Ships
AP Neikai Maru, Torpedo hits 1,  on fire,  heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Tautog


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack at 20,3

Japanese Ships
AP Tenzan Maru, Shell hits 3, Torpedo hits 2,  on fire,  heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Tautog 

Japanese Ships
AP Neikai Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Tautog





Image
Attachments
sub action 3-23.jpg
sub action 3-23.jpg (79.34 KiB) Viewed 312 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Kill or be killed

Post by bigred »

Good experience for the air crews.

Image
Attachments
Air action 3-23.jpg
Air action 3-23.jpg (122.31 KiB) Viewed 313 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Master Ikesan

Post by bigred »

Someday

Image
Attachments
master ike.jpg
master ike.jpg (31.83 KiB) Viewed 312 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: Master Ikesan

Post by Ike99 »

Someday
But a day too late.


Image
Attachments
Mina.jpg
Mina.jpg (16.14 KiB) Viewed 312 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigbaba
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:12 pm
Location: Koblenz, Germany

RE: Master Ikesan

Post by bigbaba »

hehe, now thats a "propagandakrieg" at its best.[:D]

nice work with the corsairs ike. but from my experience, the OP loses are murder when attacking something at rossel island from lunga...at least in my earlier game.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Prep for a Kill

Post by bigred »

3-23-43: IJN ML spotted moving south east down the slot.



Image
Attachments
3-23 ML spotted.jpg
3-23 ML spotted.jpg (93.1 KiB) Viewed 312 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”