Into the Breach

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Mine layer sinks

Post by bigred »

3-25:Air attack on TF, near Taivu at 39,40


Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 17
SBD Dauntless x 13
TBF Avenger x 13
P-39D Airacobra x 24
P-40E Warhawk x 11
B-25J Mitchell x 5


no losses

Japanese Ships
ML Tsugaru, Shell hits 24, Bomb hits 7, on fire, heavy damage

Attacking Level Bombers:
0 x B-25J Mitchell at 5000 feet
4 x B-25J Mitchell at 5000 feet
1 x B-25J Mitchell at 5000 feet



Image
Attachments
3-24 ML.jpg
3-24 ML.jpg (87.25 KiB) Viewed 428 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: IJN CV TF attack

Post by bigred »

3-24:  Weak Rossell LBA unable to penitrate IJN CAP.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF at 28,37

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 121
A6M3 Zero x 45

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 5
F4U-1 Corsair x 6
SBD Dauntless x 5
P-38G Lightning x 9

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero x 5 destroyed
A6M2 Zero x 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-4 Wildcat x 1 destroyed
SBD Dauntless x 6 destroyed
P-38G Lightning x 5 destroyed
P-38G Lightning x 5 damaged

2LT R.Jones of VMF-124 is credited with kill number 4



Image
Attachments
3-24 cv.jpg
3-24 cv.jpg (75.92 KiB) Viewed 428 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: IJN CV TF attack

Post by Ike99 »

Weak Rossell LBA unable to penitrate IJN CAP

Too bad you didn´t have more attack, I would have shot down more. There are 6 fighter fields in easy distance of there and enough radar in the TF to make everyone glow. I shot down more than 2-1 and you even had Corsair.


Image
Attachments
PT.jpg
PT.jpg (35.18 KiB) Viewed 428 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: IJN CV TF attack

Post by bigred »

3-25-43:
Ike has moved the KB into the slot north of Russell Island.  So if his FB sinks my PT, what next?
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: IJN CV TF attack

Post by Ike99 »

Ike has moved the KB into the slot north of Russell Island.

As safe as baby in its mothers arms, the KB sitting in the middle of all those fighter/bomber bases and LRCAP.

[:D]

And I saw your Avenger so I know you have carrier in the area.

[;)]

You lost 14 planes this turn, I lost 7.

I have some comforting music for you and your failing 1943 Allied offensive.

comforting music



¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

Oscars Score Again

Post by Ike99 »

Score two more for the Oscars.




Image
Attachments
oscar4.jpg
oscar4.jpg (47.37 KiB) Viewed 428 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigbaba
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:12 pm
Location: Koblenz, Germany

RE: Oscars Score Again

Post by bigbaba »

speaking about radar....i got a question:

lets say you have a TF docked at lunga (or a ship in port) with radar and some fighters flying CAP over the base. does this radar equiped ship improve the CAP numbers flying at lunga?
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Oscars Score Again

Post by bigred »

All it takes to get a hit on a CV is one plane w/ one bomb....I believe this was the first time in this game I have had an air attack on IJN KB. Ike has covered his CV TF very effectivly.


Image
Attachments
88159apt.jpg
88159apt.jpg (18.03 KiB) Viewed 429 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
Kingfisher
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:25 am

RE: Oscars Score Again

Post by Kingfisher »

ORIGINAL: bigbaba

speaking about radar....i got a question:

lets say you have a TF docked at lunga (or a ship in port) with radar and some fighters flying CAP over the base. does this radar equiped ship improve the CAP numbers flying at lunga?

The circuitous route the information would have to take (ship radar-ship comm-base comm-base fighter director) would probably negate any advance warning of approaching strikes.

The more rungs in the chain of command, the slower the information gets from observer to executor.
"splendid was their tactic of diving upon our force from the direction of the sun, taking advantage of intermittent clouds"

-Captain Takahisa Amagai, KAGA, June 4th 1942
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: Into the Breach

Post by Ike99 »

I will play for a decisive victory agaist Ike99 as the allied player.


Image
Attachments
PUNTAJE.jpg
PUNTAJE.jpg (62.97 KiB) Viewed 428 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Decisive victory

Post by bigred »

4-1-43
As I know Ike will take a Auto victory against me if he could,  I hope Ike does allows for me a  decisive victory against him.  I stand by my statement Ike.  I hope you continue to play in an adverse situation.  If you quit early, I win a decise victory.  If I quit early , you win a decisive victory.
 
Side issue:  100%ships.  The effect of 100% ships is to cause a very controlled use of all naval assets.  I IMHO believe senario17 @100% ships to be a high quality match(maybe the best).
 
 
 
 
 
 
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: Decisive victory

Post by Ike99 »

I hope you continue to play in an adverse situation.

I´m not in a adverse situation, you are..you just don´t know it yet. Your bombings are not hurting me. My supplies grow, I easily put more supplies on than you can bomb off. Not to mention the 10 months of stockpiling supplies. You will not bomb me out of supplies.

The only thing you have is invasion to cut my points. We´ll see how that goes for you.
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

Bombed to Stone

Post by Ike99 »

Not yet.

Original Bigred was bombing by day but with heavy flak and bomber damage he has switched to the much less accurate night bombing.

One fuel port hit was scored this night. Also on this night more or less 15,000 Japanese supplies delivered on New Guinea. Obviously the Japanese are winning the supply war very well.

edit-The Japanese night fighter seems as useful as the Allied night fighter. That is, useless.




Image
Attachments
4443.jpg
4443.jpg (76.38 KiB) Viewed 428 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Bombed to Stone

Post by bigred »

Speaking of being bombed into stone---R.Adm Kono killed in action (69/70 ranked 3rd best IJN commander) at WeWe whack.

Air attack on TF, near Wewak at 2,26

Japanese aircraft
A6M3 Zero x 10
Ki-43-IIa Oscar x 15

Allied aircraft
P-38G Lightning x 17
B-25J Mitchell x 35
B-17E Fortress x 100

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-IIa Oscar x 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-38G Lightning x 1 destroyed
P-38G Lightning x 2 damaged
B-25J Mitchell x 4 damaged
B-17E Fortress x 4 damaged

Japanese Ships
AP Akibasan Maru, Shell hits 4
CVE Unyo, Bomb hits 25,  on fire,  heavy damage
AP Hinko Maru, Shell hits 8, Bomb hits 1
DD Shiranui, Shell hits 4, Bomb hits 2,  on fire
AP Kyokusei Maru
AP Enju Maru, Shell hits 4, Bomb hits 3,  on fire
DD Maikaze
AP Boston Maru, Bomb hits 2,  on fire
AP Kimishima Maru, Bomb hits 1,  on fire
AP Myoko Maru, Shell hits 12, Bomb hits 1,  on fire
DD Hagikaze 


Image
Attachments
Unyo sinks..o killed.jpg
Unyo sinks..o killed.jpg (106.63 KiB) Viewed 428 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Unyo sinking

Post by bigred »

Blow by Blow.  1-2-3- punch



Image
Attachments
1-2--3 punch.jpg
1-2--3 punch.jpg (100.27 KiB) Viewed 428 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: Corsairs

Post by Ike99 »

The Corsair unit probably has high fatigue and/or low morale. Attacking a fresh unit is suicide.


If he attacks me?


Image
Attachments
CORSAIR.jpg
CORSAIR.jpg (67.93 KiB) Viewed 428 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Veteran VS Elite

Post by bigred »

The forum members said Ike is a tough player w/ extreme attention to detail.  I sense the analysis is correct.  My air war as an allied player is not as robust as I have become used too.  I must remember I am a veteran player w/ one year of email experience VS Ike99(a 5 star matrix player).  Veteran VS elite. 
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: goodbye tautog

Post by bigred »

Goodbye USS Tautog.  You did a good job.

Image
Attachments
300px-Uss_tautog.jpg
300px-Uss_tautog.jpg (21.44 KiB) Viewed 428 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: ‘ò“cŒ¤“ñ

Post by bigred »


I wonder if Ike still has this opinion?



ORIGINAL: Ike99

If Tocaff is the Solomon Sloth, Bigred must be the Mallasses Crawler from the West.

Victory will never come for him in this in this way.

‘ò“cŒ¤“ñ
He gives me too much time to prepare my positions.



Image
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: ‘ò“cŒ¤“ñ

Post by Ike99 »

I wonder if Ike still has this opinion?


Very much so, and from your actions so do you. The number of invasions against a contested area still stand at ZERO for the Allies.[;)]
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”