what the hell
what the hell
Whew thank god for a demo of this game, this not one of Matrix's fortes [demos] but thank you for this one. Where is matrix's thinking putting out this game, the graphics are 1990 at best, the map is horrible the sea war a joke and a Slavic unit running around German cities [where were the testers on that one] The battle options are decent the combat is pretty good but oh that dreadful map, does anyone else feel this way or are you all Matrix robots, what is this a filler in before we get or if we ever get MWIF? Come on people let Matrix know how you feel.
Bo
Bo
- Erik Rutins
- Posts: 39783
- Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
- Location: Vermont, USA
- Contact:
RE: what the hell
1990 Graphics:


- Attachments
-
- finalfantasy3.jpg (74.67 KiB) Viewed 1114 times
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
- Erik Rutins
- Posts: 39783
- Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
- Location: Vermont, USA
- Contact:
RE: what the hell
WW2: Time of Wrath:


- Attachments
-
- ww2tow.jpg (151 KiB) Viewed 1114 times
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
- Erik Rutins
- Posts: 39783
- Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
- Location: Vermont, USA
- Contact:
RE: what the hell
Here's a suggestion - you are welcome to post your opinion and I'm glad the demo helped you make your decision, but hyperbole and the position that anyone who may disagree with you is a "Matrix Robot" won't get you a lot of respect.
Regards,
- Erik
Regards,
- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
RE: what the hell
ORIGINAL: bo
Whew thank god for a demo of this game, this not one of Matrix's fortes [demos] but thank you for this one. Where is matrix's thinking putting out this game, the graphics are 1990 at best, the map is horrible the sea war a joke and a Slavic unit running around German cities [where were the testers on that one] The battle options are decent the combat is pretty good but oh that dreadful map, does anyone else feel this way or are you all Matrix robots, what is this a filler in before we get or if we ever get MWIF? Come on people let Matrix no how you feel.
Bo
I finds the maps a little tough for the eye, but have you seen the huge number of hexes, this is what makes me like that game. Besides, i do not think players playing that kind of games want 3D graphics personally I am so over that. What i would want is an improved AI over better graphics. But overall, I find that this game has potential and is interesting.
If I want something graphical I can always load and play Company of Heroes.
Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815
- Hard Sarge
- Posts: 22145
- Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: garfield hts ohio usa
- Contact:
RE: what the hell
if you had bothered to read any of the forum, you would see that many people/robots like this game, also people think it could be improved and have offered alot of ideas on how to do so, or post what they think may be wrong
also, if you go to the Mod area, there are already a few mods out, working on the map and counters based on what other players think would be nice
now part of my hassle is, everybody thinks I am part of Matrix, so anything I say, will be reflected back to them, so I got to stay polite, but, play the game, the game is good, and should be getting better, for Artwork, it more then works, the map is good, you don't like Unit Icons, you can use Counters (which is how I play it)
also, if you go to the Mod area, there are already a few mods out, working on the map and counters based on what other players think would be nice
now part of my hassle is, everybody thinks I am part of Matrix, so anything I say, will be reflected back to them, so I got to stay polite, but, play the game, the game is good, and should be getting better, for Artwork, it more then works, the map is good, you don't like Unit Icons, you can use Counters (which is how I play it)

RE: what the hell
I love the game and am anxiously waiting for the beta patch. It gets better all the time. [:D]
- PitifulGrunt
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:52 pm
- Location: Ohio, USA
- Hard Sarge
- Posts: 22145
- Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: garfield hts ohio usa
- Contact:
RE: what the hell
ORIGINAL: LarryP
I love the game and am anxiously waiting for the beta patch. It gets better all the time. [:D]
Yea but Larry, your one of the biggest robots around [&o]
ducks and hides[:-]

RE: what the hell
Hard sarge, robots was not a good choice of words, I only meant it so to get people to speak up. Some players will never say how they feel out of some kind of misguided fear.
Just wanted to hear some opinions thats all.
BO
Just wanted to hear some opinions thats all.
BO
RE: what the hell
Micheljq, I read all of your posts and enjoy them especially on the MWIF forums, I happen to like graphics in a game but like you say not at the cost of game play and I did say the game combat was pretty good, maybe you can explain a couple of things for me to understand better, why is that Slovick unit running around in Germany in the demo?ORIGINAL: micheljq
ORIGINAL: bo
Whew thank god for a demo of this game, this not one of Matrix's fortes [demos] but thank you for this one. Where is matrix's thinking putting out this game, the graphics are 1990 at best, the map is horrible the sea war a joke and a Slavic unit running around German cities [where were the testers on that one] The battle options are decent the combat is pretty good but oh that dreadful map, does anyone else feel this way or are you all Matrix robots, what is this a filler in before we get or if we ever get MWIF? Come on people let Matrix no how you feel.
Bo
I finds the maps a little tough for the eye, but have you seen the huge number of hexes, this is what makes me like that game. Besides, i do not think players playing that kind of games want 3D graphics personally I am so over that. What i would want is an improved AI over better graphics. But overall, I find that this game has potential and is interesting.
If I want something graphical I can always load and play Company of Heroes.
and when I try sea transport my unit vanishes and does not show up in th naval screen
am I doing something wrong?
Bo
RE: what the hell
Not looking for respect Erik, looking for opinions expressed without fear of someone knocking them, and just maybe you should be focused on getting MWIF out within a reasonable amount of time going on 6 yers pretty soon huh! How about some help for Shannon.ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Here's a suggestion - you are welcome to post your opinion and I'm glad the demo helped you make your decision, but hyperbole and the position that anyone who may disagree with you is a "Matrix Robot" won't get you a lot of respect.
Regards,
- Erik
Bo
RE: what the hell
Geez Erik this looks better than the war map you show below.ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
1990 Graphics:
![]()
Bo
- Hard Sarge
- Posts: 22145
- Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: garfield hts ohio usa
- Contact:
RE: what the hell
ORIGINAL: bo
Hard sarge, robots was not a good choice of words, I only meant it so to get people to speak up. Some players will never say how they feel out of some kind of misguided fear.
Just wanted to hear some opinions thats all.
BO
take it with a gain of salt Bo, just playing with you on this
(you could of said fanboys, or retards, or any other number of names and the replies would of fit in just as well)

- PitifulGrunt
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:52 pm
- Location: Ohio, USA
RE: what the hell
Hmmmm. Rips game and fans of game in first post, then admits he doesn't know how to play game in later post and has the nerve to ask previously insulted fans for help, then starts telling company rep how company should be run. But like I said, I'm a robot.
If you are going to go through hell, keep going. - Churchill
RE: what the hell
Why is that Slovick unit running around in Germany in the demo?
and when I try sea transport my unit vanishes and does not show up in th naval screen
am I doing something wrong?
Salut bo, I am happy you enjoy my posts, yeah sometimes I say interesting things (I hope
). [;)]
Slovak units are quite erratic, they are aligned with Germany and do their own things. I fear they do not help much Germany in my game where I play Germany. There is a function where you type F11 and can take control of a country, maybe I should just take control of the AI over Slovakia. But I feel it would be best if Slovakia is just absorbed and part of Germany. They do not do much and they could even block german's troops moves. For the F11 function please check the forum, I am not quite familiar with it yet.
For naval transport, yes the unit vanish and after a couple of hours I did figured that you must go into the fleet's menu. There it should show a TP (transport) at the port where you did load the unit. In the fleet's menu you can move it from port to a sea zone, and from a sea zone to another port in a subsequent turn.
You cannot unload in anything else than a friendly port. For invasions you must buy purchase amphibious points and it is not working the same way. I hope it helps, forgive my english I am french canadian.
Cheers.
and when I try sea transport my unit vanishes and does not show up in th naval screen
am I doing something wrong?
Salut bo, I am happy you enjoy my posts, yeah sometimes I say interesting things (I hope
Slovak units are quite erratic, they are aligned with Germany and do their own things. I fear they do not help much Germany in my game where I play Germany. There is a function where you type F11 and can take control of a country, maybe I should just take control of the AI over Slovakia. But I feel it would be best if Slovakia is just absorbed and part of Germany. They do not do much and they could even block german's troops moves. For the F11 function please check the forum, I am not quite familiar with it yet.
For naval transport, yes the unit vanish and after a couple of hours I did figured that you must go into the fleet's menu. There it should show a TP (transport) at the port where you did load the unit. In the fleet's menu you can move it from port to a sea zone, and from a sea zone to another port in a subsequent turn.
You cannot unload in anything else than a friendly port. For invasions you must buy purchase amphibious points and it is not working the same way. I hope it helps, forgive my english I am french canadian.
Cheers.
Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815
- Hard Sarge
- Posts: 22145
- Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: garfield hts ohio usa
- Contact:
RE: what the hell
and when I try sea transport my unit vanishes and does not show up in th naval screen
am I doing something wrong?
Bo
may be better in another post, to keep this one on topic, but...
when you put the troops in a ship, did you look in the port ?
from the port you send it where you want it to go (amp got to go to a ship zone, transport can move port to port in the same turn)
am I doing something wrong?
Bo
may be better in another post, to keep this one on topic, but...
when you put the troops in a ship, did you look in the port ?
from the port you send it where you want it to go (amp got to go to a ship zone, transport can move port to port in the same turn)

RE: what the hell
Hi Grunt I feel I did not insult anyone just wanted to stir things up and get players thinking about this game and fyi I have been on the forums for 5 years, dont let my join date throw you. I know it said May 2009 that was because of an e-mail change, you seem to have just joined but anyway welcome and also if you had gone through with what Michejlq and me and hundreds of others have gone through waiting for Matrix and its bosses to get MWIF out to the public you might realize where I am coming from with them all patiences have worn thin and mabye I am taking out my frustrations in the wrong forum and for that I apoigize. Should not have brought up MWIF on this forumORIGINAL: PitifulGrunt
Hmmmm. Rips game and fans of game in first post, then admits he doesn't know how to play game in later post and has the nerve to ask previously insulted fans for help, then starts telling company rep how company should be run. But like I said, I'm a robot.
Bo
RE: what the hell
French Canadian wow do they still have voting rights in English Canada? hehe! I saw your post on MWIF asking about sept's review good luck on that one.ORIGINAL: micheljq
Why is that Slovick unit running around in Germany in the demo?
and when I try sea transport my unit vanishes and does not show up in th naval screen
am I doing something wrong?
Salut bo, I am happy you enjoy my posts, yeah sometimes I say interesting things (I hope). [;)]
Slovak units are quite erratic, they are aligned with Germany and do their own things. I fear they do not help much Germany in my game where I play Germany. There is a function where you type F11 and can take control of a country, maybe I should just take control of the AI over Slovakia. But I feel it would be best if Slovakia is just absorbed and part of Germany. They do not do much and they could even block german's troops moves. For the F11 function please check the forum, I am not quite familiar with it yet.
For naval transport, yes the unit vanish and after a couple of hours I did figured that you must go into the fleet's menu. There it should show a TP (transport) at the port where you did load the unit. In the fleet's menu you can move it from port to a sea zone, and from a sea zone to another port in a subsequent turn.
You cannot unload in anything else than a friendly port. For invasions you must buy purchase amphibious points and it is not working the same way. I hope it helps, forgive my english I am french canadian.
Cheers.
Bo




