what the hell

From the front lines in France and Russia to the deserts of North Africa and the airfields and convoys of Britain, the campaigns of World War II are yours to command in WW2: Time of Wrath! This turn-based grand strategy title, the highly improved and expanded sequel to WW2: Road to Victory, puts the player in charge of the political, economic and military decisions of one or more Axis or Allied nations, including minor nations.
bo
Posts: 4175
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:52 pm

what the hell

Post by bo »

Whew thank god for a demo of this game, this not one of Matrix's fortes [demos] but thank you for this one. Where is matrix's thinking putting out this game, the graphics are 1990 at best, the map is horrible the sea war a joke and a Slavic unit running around German cities [where were the testers on that one] The battle options are decent the combat is pretty good but oh that dreadful map, does anyone else feel this way or are you all Matrix robots, what is this a filler in before we get or if we ever get MWIF? Come on people let Matrix know how you feel.

Bo
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: what the hell

Post by Erik Rutins »

1990 Graphics:



Image
Attachments
finalfantasy3.jpg
finalfantasy3.jpg (74.67 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: what the hell

Post by Erik Rutins »

WW2: Time of Wrath:



Image
Attachments
ww2tow.jpg
ww2tow.jpg (151 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: what the hell

Post by Erik Rutins »

Here's a suggestion - you are welcome to post your opinion and I'm glad the demo helped you make your decision, but hyperbole and the position that anyone who may disagree with you is a "Matrix Robot" won't get you a lot of respect.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
User avatar
micheljq
Posts: 791
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Quebec
Contact:

RE: what the hell

Post by micheljq »

ORIGINAL: bo

Whew thank god for a demo of this game, this not one of Matrix's fortes [demos] but thank you for this one. Where is matrix's thinking putting out this game, the graphics are 1990 at best, the map is horrible the sea war a joke and a Slavic unit running around German cities [where were the testers on that one] The battle options are decent the combat is pretty good but oh that dreadful map, does anyone else feel this way or are you all Matrix robots, what is this a filler in before we get or if we ever get MWIF? Come on people let Matrix no how you feel.

Bo

I finds the maps a little tough for the eye, but have you seen the huge number of hexes, this is what makes me like that game. Besides, i do not think players playing that kind of games want 3D graphics personally I am so over that. What i would want is an improved AI over better graphics. But overall, I find that this game has potential and is interesting.

If I want something graphical I can always load and play Company of Heroes.
Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: what the hell

Post by Hard Sarge »

if you had bothered to read any of the forum, you would see that many people/robots like this game, also people think it could be improved and have offered alot of ideas on how to do so, or post what they think may be wrong

also, if you go to the Mod area, there are already a few mods out, working on the map and counters based on what other players think would be nice

now part of my hassle is, everybody thinks I am part of Matrix, so anything I say, will be reflected back to them, so I got to stay polite, but, play the game, the game is good, and should be getting better, for Artwork, it more then works, the map is good, you don't like Unit Icons, you can use Counters (which is how I play it)


Image
User avatar
LarryP
Posts: 3300
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 9:37 pm
Location: Carson City, NV

RE: what the hell

Post by LarryP »

I love the game and am anxiously waiting for the beta patch. It gets better all the time. [:D]
User avatar
PitifulGrunt
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:52 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

RE: what the hell

Post by PitifulGrunt »

I'm a robot!
If you are going to go through hell, keep going. - Churchill
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: what the hell

Post by Hard Sarge »

ORIGINAL: LarryP

I love the game and am anxiously waiting for the beta patch. It gets better all the time. [:D]

Yea but Larry, your one of the biggest robots around [&o]

ducks and hides[:-]

Image
gwgardner
Posts: 7304
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:23 pm

RE: what the hell

Post by gwgardner »

guess I'm a robot! ToW rocks! The map is awesome.

bo
Posts: 4175
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:52 pm

RE: what the hell

Post by bo »

Hard sarge, robots was not a good choice of words, I only meant it so to get people to speak up. Some players will never say how they feel out of some kind of misguided fear.
Just wanted to hear some opinions thats all.

BO
bo
Posts: 4175
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:52 pm

RE: what the hell

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: micheljq

ORIGINAL: bo

Whew thank god for a demo of this game, this not one of Matrix's fortes [demos] but thank you for this one. Where is matrix's thinking putting out this game, the graphics are 1990 at best, the map is horrible the sea war a joke and a Slavic unit running around German cities [where were the testers on that one] The battle options are decent the combat is pretty good but oh that dreadful map, does anyone else feel this way or are you all Matrix robots, what is this a filler in before we get or if we ever get MWIF? Come on people let Matrix no how you feel.

Bo

I finds the maps a little tough for the eye, but have you seen the huge number of hexes, this is what makes me like that game. Besides, i do not think players playing that kind of games want 3D graphics personally I am so over that. What i would want is an improved AI over better graphics. But overall, I find that this game has potential and is interesting.

If I want something graphical I can always load and play Company of Heroes.
Micheljq, I read all of your posts and enjoy them especially on the MWIF forums, I happen to like graphics in a game but like you say not at the cost of game play and I did say the game combat was pretty good, maybe you can explain a couple of things for me to understand better, why is that Slovick unit running around in Germany in the demo?
and when I try sea transport my unit vanishes and does not show up in th naval screen
am I doing something wrong?

Bo

bo
Posts: 4175
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:52 pm

RE: what the hell

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Here's a suggestion - you are welcome to post your opinion and I'm glad the demo helped you make your decision, but hyperbole and the position that anyone who may disagree with you is a "Matrix Robot" won't get you a lot of respect.

Regards,

- Erik
Not looking for respect Erik, looking for opinions expressed without fear of someone knocking them, and just maybe you should be focused on getting MWIF out within a reasonable amount of time going on 6 yers pretty soon huh! How about some help for Shannon.

Bo
bo
Posts: 4175
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:52 pm

RE: what the hell

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

1990 Graphics:



Image
Geez Erik this looks better than the war map you show below.

Bo
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: what the hell

Post by Hard Sarge »

ORIGINAL: bo

Hard sarge, robots was not a good choice of words, I only meant it so to get people to speak up. Some players will never say how they feel out of some kind of misguided fear.
Just wanted to hear some opinions thats all.

BO

take it with a gain of salt Bo, just playing with you on this

(you could of said fanboys, or retards, or any other number of names and the replies would of fit in just as well)

Image
User avatar
PitifulGrunt
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:52 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

RE: what the hell

Post by PitifulGrunt »

Hmmmm. Rips game and fans of game in first post, then admits he doesn't know how to play game in later post and has the nerve to ask previously insulted fans for help, then starts telling company rep how company should be run. But like I said, I'm a robot.
If you are going to go through hell, keep going. - Churchill
User avatar
micheljq
Posts: 791
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Quebec
Contact:

RE: what the hell

Post by micheljq »

Why is that Slovick unit running around in Germany in the demo?
and when I try sea transport my unit vanishes and does not show up in th naval screen
am I doing something wrong?


Salut bo, I am happy you enjoy my posts, yeah sometimes I say interesting things (I hope :-)). [;)]

Slovak units are quite erratic, they are aligned with Germany and do their own things. I fear they do not help much Germany in my game where I play Germany. There is a function where you type F11 and can take control of a country, maybe I should just take control of the AI over Slovakia. But I feel it would be best if Slovakia is just absorbed and part of Germany. They do not do much and they could even block german's troops moves. For the F11 function please check the forum, I am not quite familiar with it yet.

For naval transport, yes the unit vanish and after a couple of hours I did figured that you must go into the fleet's menu. There it should show a TP (transport) at the port where you did load the unit. In the fleet's menu you can move it from port to a sea zone, and from a sea zone to another port in a subsequent turn.

You cannot unload in anything else than a friendly port. For invasions you must buy purchase amphibious points and it is not working the same way. I hope it helps, forgive my english I am french canadian.

Cheers.
Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: what the hell

Post by Hard Sarge »

and when I try sea transport my unit vanishes and does not show up in th naval screen
am I doing something wrong?

Bo

may be better in another post, to keep this one on topic, but...

when you put the troops in a ship, did you look in the port ?

from the port you send it where you want it to go (amp got to go to a ship zone, transport can move port to port in the same turn)

Image
bo
Posts: 4175
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:52 pm

RE: what the hell

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: PitifulGrunt

Hmmmm. Rips game and fans of game in first post, then admits he doesn't know how to play game in later post and has the nerve to ask previously insulted fans for help, then starts telling company rep how company should be run. But like I said, I'm a robot.
Hi Grunt I feel I did not insult anyone just wanted to stir things up and get players thinking about this game and fyi I have been on the forums for 5 years, dont let my join date throw you. I know it said May 2009 that was because of an e-mail change, you seem to have just joined but anyway welcome and also if you had gone through with what Michejlq and me and hundreds of others have gone through waiting for Matrix and its bosses to get MWIF out to the public you might realize where I am coming from with them all patiences have worn thin and mabye I am taking out my frustrations in the wrong forum and for that I apoigize. Should not have brought up MWIF on this forum

Bo
bo
Posts: 4175
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:52 pm

RE: what the hell

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: micheljq

Why is that Slovick unit running around in Germany in the demo?
and when I try sea transport my unit vanishes and does not show up in th naval screen
am I doing something wrong?


Salut bo, I am happy you enjoy my posts, yeah sometimes I say interesting things (I hope :-)). [;)]

Slovak units are quite erratic, they are aligned with Germany and do their own things. I fear they do not help much Germany in my game where I play Germany. There is a function where you type F11 and can take control of a country, maybe I should just take control of the AI over Slovakia. But I feel it would be best if Slovakia is just absorbed and part of Germany. They do not do much and they could even block german's troops moves. For the F11 function please check the forum, I am not quite familiar with it yet.

For naval transport, yes the unit vanish and after a couple of hours I did figured that you must go into the fleet's menu. There it should show a TP (transport) at the port where you did load the unit. In the fleet's menu you can move it from port to a sea zone, and from a sea zone to another port in a subsequent turn.

You cannot unload in anything else than a friendly port. For invasions you must buy purchase amphibious points and it is not working the same way. I hope it helps, forgive my english I am french canadian.

Cheers.
French Canadian wow do they still have voting rights in English Canada? hehe! I saw your post on MWIF asking about sept's review good luck on that one.

Bo
Post Reply

Return to “WW2: Time of Wrath”