rof?
Moderator: maddog986
RE: rof?
well, now the hit play p button seems all fubar, and my free 72 demo hours ar e about up!!
Oh well again, I was super impressed with the plane handling, modeling of noise and Super duper bomus was watching the shadows on teh wings change.. truly a suffisticated model, but again I digress from the point.. I hate the feeling of deciietfull matketing.. makes me rememberthe guys that too a 100 cost sofa that sells for 399, marked it up to 1700 and then had a 60% off sale, this type of decietp, while common in the US is non the less illigal and stores in CO and otherstates, bit name dept stores have been hauled into court.. so here is my delema, what hapens when all of a sudden its not a free server you ahve to log into, think the EU will protect us from pirates? Now , I am not saying the game designers are thieves, just that the way they marketed this product feels creepy.. there u go, that a suffisticated enough word for you.. yet again I wil lget this , if for no other reason than to support WW1 sims, BUT I will wait till the spring or summer sale !
Oh well again, I was super impressed with the plane handling, modeling of noise and Super duper bomus was watching the shadows on teh wings change.. truly a suffisticated model, but again I digress from the point.. I hate the feeling of deciietfull matketing.. makes me rememberthe guys that too a 100 cost sofa that sells for 399, marked it up to 1700 and then had a 60% off sale, this type of decietp, while common in the US is non the less illigal and stores in CO and otherstates, bit name dept stores have been hauled into court.. so here is my delema, what hapens when all of a sudden its not a free server you ahve to log into, think the EU will protect us from pirates? Now , I am not saying the game designers are thieves, just that the way they marketed this product feels creepy.. there u go, that a suffisticated enough word for you.. yet again I wil lget this , if for no other reason than to support WW1 sims, BUT I will wait till the spring or summer sale !
"Tanks forward"
RE: rof?
ORIGINAL: mgarnett
I think from memory the original planes included were:
- Albatross D.Va
- Fokker D.VII
- Nieport 28.C1
- Spad 13.C1
I don't really play much multi-player but I understand all of these are competitive.
.....
The number and/or type of additional planes purchased does not preclude you from playing multiplayer against other players who have purchased additional aircraft. It just means that they have more choice of what to fly.
If the Fokker D.VII is one of the planes that come with the stock version, then the basic version ain't bad, in terms of the ability to compete with "add-on"-players online.
The D.VII was the only plane that was explicitly mentioned in the Versailles treaty, means the Allies insisted on the Germans to surrender all aircraft of this type. The US Air Service received most of the D.VIIs. and used them as training aircraft until at least 1924, maybe even longer.
The Allies knew it was an excellent design, and I'd say it was one of the best planes of WWI. The D.VII had such an impressive climb rate that it could fire at an enemy from below (vertical approach), unseen by the enemy pilot. If you have ROF, and if the flight model was programmed properly, you should try that some time.
Also, the D.VII (besides having a few weaknesses - which dealt with bad lamination of the wings or wing-mounts) turned out to be a vehicle that could turn average pilots into aces, it was pretty easy to operate. It may be coincidence, but a number of German aces achieved the majority of their kills in D.VIIs., even though the D.VII didn't reach the frontlines before April 1918.
"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne
---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne
---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
RE: rof?
Hi freeboy
Where have you heard that they are going to charge to log into the server? I've not seen anything about this and I think you are mistaken. If you think this could happen, well lots of things could happen.
There's been no dishonesty in marketing that I have seen, nor have I seen any misleading marketing for this product nor anything that could be classed as decietful. In my view, deceitful would be saying that they would provide free aircraft after launch but then decided to charge, which did not happen in this case.
Cheers
Mark
ORIGINAL: freeboy
well, now the hit play p button seems all fubar, and my free 72 demo hours ar e about up!!
Oh well again, I was super impressed with the plane handling, modeling of noise and Super duper bomus was watching the shadows on teh wings change.. truly a suffisticated model, but again I digress from the point.. I hate the feeling of deciietfull matketing.. makes me rememberthe guys that too a 100 cost sofa that sells for 399, marked it up to 1700 and then had a 60% off sale, this type of decietp, while common in the US is non the less illigal and stores in CO and otherstates, bit name dept stores have been hauled into court.. so here is my delema, what hapens when all of a sudden its not a free server you ahve to log into, think the EU will protect us from pirates? Now , I am not saying the game designers are thieves, just that the way they marketed this product feels creepy.. there u go, that a suffisticated enough word for you.. yet again I wil lget this , if for no other reason than to support WW1 sims, BUT I will wait till the spring or summer sale !
Where have you heard that they are going to charge to log into the server? I've not seen anything about this and I think you are mistaken. If you think this could happen, well lots of things could happen.
There's been no dishonesty in marketing that I have seen, nor have I seen any misleading marketing for this product nor anything that could be classed as decietful. In my view, deceitful would be saying that they would provide free aircraft after launch but then decided to charge, which did not happen in this case.
Cheers
Mark
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
Brisbane Australia
RE: rof?
I did have the demo but i found the game a wee bit too slow for my liking,i need a lot more horsepower!
Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!
RE: rof?
ok, I did not say they where charging for the server, only they could charge for the servor, no one knows what tommorrow holds especially in the former USSR, now, lets look on the bright side, this game is really steller for its lighting/ graphics and flight model
"Tanks forward"
RE: rof?
Yeah Judge is what us OLD TIMERS call "The Polaroid Principal" He sold the cameras he made at cost and raked in the money for the film for which he had exclusive rights. The more things change the more they stay the same.....I think some Frenchman said that
Madgamer
Madgamer
If your not part of the solution
You are part of the problem
You are part of the problem
RE: rof?
I may be way off the beam here but it seems to me that our own WitP to AE is a good example of what you are saying. AE started out to be something far less than a stand alone in the true meaning of the word.
Then they added player's and forum members in on the design team and keep adding more and more till we have AE the way it is. So Freboy I don't hear you saying that WitP was designed so that the AE expansion could be developed and therefore WitP by your terms is "an incomplete" game.
I choose not to buy AE because at the time of release I had massive Medical bills and am now just getting them paid off. As I am on a fixed income I just can't afford AE yet but after my tax refund I might pull it off. It will also be ready for prime time with almost all the bugs worked out and I can decide if I want to buy it (and commit the amount of time it takes to play) or not.
Madgamer
Then they added player's and forum members in on the design team and keep adding more and more till we have AE the way it is. So Freboy I don't hear you saying that WitP was designed so that the AE expansion could be developed and therefore WitP by your terms is "an incomplete" game.
I choose not to buy AE because at the time of release I had massive Medical bills and am now just getting them paid off. As I am on a fixed income I just can't afford AE yet but after my tax refund I might pull it off. It will also be ready for prime time with almost all the bugs worked out and I can decide if I want to buy it (and commit the amount of time it takes to play) or not.
Madgamer
If your not part of the solution
You are part of the problem
You are part of the problem
RE: rof?
My Father told me I would meet people like you ....... You did make my day as reading posts that make no sense at all is great fun and on a Friday to......thanks for the laughs


Madgamer



Madgamer
If your not part of the solution
You are part of the problem
You are part of the problem
RE: rof?
ORIGINAL: mgarnett
I think from memory the original planes included were:
- Albatross D.Va
- Fokker D.VII
- Nieport 28.C1
- Spad 13.C1
To that mix, a Camel and Dr.1 should definitely have been included, and very probably an SE5a. That batch looks like they were catering to Americans. Not a Sopwith in the batch? Strange. I'd definitely have felt shorted.
ORIGINAL: mgarnett
The number and/or type of additional planes purchased does not preclude you from playing multiplayer against other players who have purchased additional aircraft. It just means that they have more choice of what to fly.
Do you see their plane?
ORIGINAL: mgarnett
I've purchased all of the planes but I regularly fly the Albatross D.III. I tried to fly the Camel, but boy that thing is hard to fly well. I can hold my own in the Albatross but I don't last long in the Camel because I am prone to stalling or entering a spin (not the fault of the plane, just the operator!!! I'm just too ham fisted with it).
This adds points to the game manufacturer in my book for some authenticity in the flight model department. Other than shooting down the infamous Red Baron (actually, it was an Aussie ground gunner), the Camel was most famous for snap rolls (to the right if I recall correctly) and spins. Bit of a widowmaker in it's own right.
A plane you would absolutely love (assuming it's programmed correctly) would be a Sopwith Pup. By every single account, it was an absolute dream to fly and very competitive in 1916-1917 (excepting the then-standard single machine gun doctrine).
A book I'd recommend to anyone "new" to WWI aviation, to get the overall spirit of the phenomenon is "No Parachute" by Arther Gould Lee. It was THE book that sparked my imagination as a young man. It's nothing more than a compilation of letters home written by the author, to his wife. (I also enjoyed it as much when I re-read it 30 years later). After reading it, you'll be able to lick your forefinger, stick it in the air and determine if there is enough lift in the air for flying!
But given the default allied aircraft, another appropriate book would be "Fighting The Flying Circus" by the American top WWI ace Eddie Rickenbacker (the 94th flew Nieuport 28's & SPAD 13's). (But I would still recommend "No Parachute" as the first book to read, in spite of the game's initial aircraft limitations.)
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."
Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.
Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.
Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
RE: rof?
Do you see their plane?
Yep, you still see their plane, you just can't fly it.
When you start the game and go into the hangar you can see all of the planes that are available to fly. The ones you do not own are grayed out so you can't select them as a flyable aircraft but you can still see the external model when somebody else (or an allied or enemy AI flight) flies into view.
As they add additional planes, everybody gets the external models but only people who purchased it can fly it. When they add additional planes all the data is automatically downloaded to your machine in the form of a patch which adds the necessary graphics, flight characteristics etc.
When you buy it, it is simply "unlocked".
Cheers
Mark
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
Brisbane Australia
