Kablammo

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Post Reply
shall59
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:37 pm

Kablammo

Post by shall59 »

I'm having trouble sinking IJN subs; anyone got any industrial strength Kablammo! leftover from WITP?[:D]
User avatar
KenchiSulla
Posts: 2963
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: the Netherlands

RE: Kablammo

Post by KenchiSulla »

I have no trouble sinking allied subs [:D]
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
User avatar
Lecivius
Posts: 4845
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:53 am
Location: Denver

RE: Kablammo

Post by Lecivius »

A few lessons learned.
 
Air support & ASW inside the support radius vastly improves ASW.
 
Patience.
 
Air cover really does sink subs. I have lost 3 as allies by July '43.
 
If you know ones there, saturation vastly improves number AND quality of ASW attacks.  Three hard hits on a sub, and she either pops up to be sunk by gunfire or sinks next turn.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Mistmatz
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:56 pm

RE: Kablammo

Post by Mistmatz »

ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder

I have no trouble sinking allied subs [:D]


Thats all FOW... [8D][;)]
If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki

User avatar
Misconduct
Posts: 1851
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:13 am
Location: Cape Canaveral, Florida
Contact:

RE: Kablammo

Post by Misconduct »

Early in the war, put your carrier aircraft on ASW, and run around San Diego, Pearl, Suva, Sydney and watch the subs become artificial reefs
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
Smeulders
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:13 pm

RE: Kablammo

Post by Smeulders »

The answer is Royal Navy. The RN destroyers seem to be twice as effective in destroying subs as anything else.
The AE-Wiki, help fill it out
User avatar
Misconduct
Posts: 1851
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:13 am
Location: Cape Canaveral, Florida
Contact:

RE: Kablammo

Post by Misconduct »

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

The answer is Royal Navy. The RN destroyers seem to be twice as effective in destroying subs as anything else.

Put those destroys with a RN carrier and have a field day.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
Stvitus2002
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:13 am

RE: Kablammo

Post by Stvitus2002 »

I have an old KABLAMMO "poster", Let's see if i can get this to work....












WO 0/0

Image
Attachments
Kablammo.jpg
Kablammo.jpg (427.29 KiB) Viewed 307 times
Stvitus2002
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:13 am

RE: Kablammo

Post by Stvitus2002 »

For the record, I think the KABLAMMO (TM) "poster" was created by Ron S.









WO 0/0
User avatar
KenchiSulla
Posts: 2963
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: the Netherlands

RE: Kablammo

Post by KenchiSulla »

ORIGINAL: Mistmatz

ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder

I have no trouble sinking allied subs [:D]


Thats all FOW... [8D][;)]

4 words... gluc gluc gluc gluc [:D]
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
Dili
Posts: 4742
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:33 pm

RE: Kablammo

Post by Dili »

That's kablamo in picture is WW I vintage not WW II.
User avatar
Shark7
Posts: 7936
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:11 pm
Location: The Big Nowhere

RE: Kablammo

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: Mistmatz

ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder

I have no trouble sinking allied subs [:D]


Thats all FOW... [8D][;)]

Nah, the AI is stupid enough to keep using Manila for a sub base even when you have air superiority. I've sunk 8 subs by March '42 in my current game, all from the AI parking them at Manila...when I took Manila, I lost my sub sinking trump card. [;)]
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
User avatar
afspret
Posts: 857
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:05 pm
Location: Hanahan, SC

RE: Kablammo

Post by afspret »

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

The answer is Royal Navy. The RN destroyers seem to be twice as effective in destroying subs as anything else.
Really? I've got 3 ASW TFs, one with Hermes and her Swordfish, one with 3 Corvettes and the other with 4 trying to get rid of the pesky little IJN sub hanging around Columbo and they have only engaged 3 times, with no apparent hits, between 8 & 31 Dec 41. Or is it that the RN Corvettes are not as good as the DDs?
John E. McCallum
Smeulders
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:13 pm

RE: Kablammo

Post by Smeulders »

It's really the DD, I've had a single 4x DD group from the RN destroy 2 subs and heavily damage a third (subject to FOW) in a little under 2 weeks near Sydney. Hudsons flew ASW patrols overhead. After that my opponent simply withdrew his subs from the area.
The AE-Wiki, help fill it out
User avatar
Misconduct
Posts: 1851
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:13 am
Location: Cape Canaveral, Florida
Contact:

RE: Kablammo

Post by Misconduct »

ORIGINAL: afspret

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

The answer is Royal Navy. The RN destroyers seem to be twice as effective in destroying subs as anything else.
Really? I've got 3 ASW TFs, one with Hermes and her Swordfish, one with 3 Corvettes and the other with 4 trying to get rid of the pesky little IJN sub hanging around Columbo and they have only engaged 3 times, with no apparent hits, between 8 & 31 Dec 41. Or is it that the RN Corvettes are not as good as the DDs?

Make sure the aggressive rating of your skippers are high, I noticed when giving DD skippers an Aggressive rating over 65 they seem to pretty much kamakazi every sub in sight.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
User avatar
morganbj
Posts: 3472
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:36 am
Location: Mosquito Bite, Texas

RE: Kablammo

Post by morganbj »

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

ORIGINAL: afspret

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

The answer is Royal Navy. The RN destroyers seem to be twice as effective in destroying subs as anything else.
Really? I've got 3 ASW TFs, one with Hermes and her Swordfish, one with 3 Corvettes and the other with 4 trying to get rid of the pesky little IJN sub hanging around Columbo and they have only engaged 3 times, with no apparent hits, between 8 & 31 Dec 41. Or is it that the RN Corvettes are not as good as the DDs?

Make sure the aggressive rating of your skippers are high, I noticed when giving DD skippers an Aggressive rating over 65 they seem to pretty much kamakazi every sub in sight.
Well, I hope it doesn't turn out for your ASW skippers the same as it does for the kamakazi pilots.
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
User avatar
Sardaukar
Posts: 12860
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Finland/Israel

RE: Kablammo

Post by Sardaukar »

High aggressiveness is not necessarily good if Naval skill and crew experience are low, it works both for ASW TF and for subs.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Image
shall59
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:37 pm

RE: Kablammo

Post by shall59 »

I'm glad to see at least Warrant Officer remembered Kablammo!
John Lansford
Posts: 2664
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2002 12:40 am

RE: Kablammo

Post by John Lansford »

I just wait until the damaged subs go to port at Rabaul or Truk, then send waves of LBA's over them to hit the port.  I've sunk probably a dozen IJN subs that way.
User avatar
RUDOLF
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:34 am

RE: Kablammo

Post by RUDOLF »

ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder

I have no trouble sinking allied subs [:D]


I do!
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”