Kablammo
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
- KenchiSulla
- Posts: 2963
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:19 pm
- Location: the Netherlands
RE: Kablammo
I have no trouble sinking allied subs [:D]
AKA Cannonfodder
"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
RE: Kablammo
A few lessons learned.
Air support & ASW inside the support radius vastly improves ASW.
Patience.
Air cover really does sink subs. I have lost 3 as allies by July '43.
If you know ones there, saturation vastly improves number AND quality of ASW attacks. Three hard hits on a sub, and she either pops up to be sunk by gunfire or sinks next turn.
Air support & ASW inside the support radius vastly improves ASW.
Patience.
Air cover really does sink subs. I have lost 3 as allies by July '43.
If you know ones there, saturation vastly improves number AND quality of ASW attacks. Three hard hits on a sub, and she either pops up to be sunk by gunfire or sinks next turn.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
RE: Kablammo
ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder
I have no trouble sinking allied subs [:D]
Thats all FOW... [8D][;)]
If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?
http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki
http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki
- Misconduct
- Posts: 1851
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:13 am
- Location: Cape Canaveral, Florida
- Contact:
RE: Kablammo
Early in the war, put your carrier aircraft on ASW, and run around San Diego, Pearl, Suva, Sydney and watch the subs become artificial reefs
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
RE: Kablammo
The answer is Royal Navy. The RN destroyers seem to be twice as effective in destroying subs as anything else.
The AE-Wiki, help fill it out
- Misconduct
- Posts: 1851
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:13 am
- Location: Cape Canaveral, Florida
- Contact:
RE: Kablammo
ORIGINAL: Smeulders
The answer is Royal Navy. The RN destroyers seem to be twice as effective in destroying subs as anything else.
Put those destroys with a RN carrier and have a field day.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
-
Stvitus2002
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:13 am
RE: Kablammo
I have an old KABLAMMO "poster", Let's see if i can get this to work....
WO 0/0

WO 0/0

- Attachments
-
- Kablammo.jpg (427.29 KiB) Viewed 308 times
-
Stvitus2002
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:13 am
RE: Kablammo
For the record, I think the KABLAMMO (TM) "poster" was created by Ron S.
WO 0/0
WO 0/0
- KenchiSulla
- Posts: 2963
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:19 pm
- Location: the Netherlands
RE: Kablammo
ORIGINAL: Mistmatz
ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder
I have no trouble sinking allied subs [:D]
Thats all FOW... [8D][;)]
4 words... gluc gluc gluc gluc [:D]
AKA Cannonfodder
"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
RE: Kablammo
That's kablamo in picture is WW I vintage not WW II.
RE: Kablammo
ORIGINAL: Mistmatz
ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder
I have no trouble sinking allied subs [:D]
Thats all FOW... [8D][;)]
Nah, the AI is stupid enough to keep using Manila for a sub base even when you have air superiority. I've sunk 8 subs by March '42 in my current game, all from the AI parking them at Manila...when I took Manila, I lost my sub sinking trump card. [;)]
Distant Worlds Fan
'When in doubt...attack!'
'When in doubt...attack!'
RE: Kablammo
Really? I've got 3 ASW TFs, one with Hermes and her Swordfish, one with 3 Corvettes and the other with 4 trying to get rid of the pesky little IJN sub hanging around Columbo and they have only engaged 3 times, with no apparent hits, between 8 & 31 Dec 41. Or is it that the RN Corvettes are not as good as the DDs?ORIGINAL: Smeulders
The answer is Royal Navy. The RN destroyers seem to be twice as effective in destroying subs as anything else.
John E. McCallum
RE: Kablammo
It's really the DD, I've had a single 4x DD group from the RN destroy 2 subs and heavily damage a third (subject to FOW) in a little under 2 weeks near Sydney. Hudsons flew ASW patrols overhead. After that my opponent simply withdrew his subs from the area.
The AE-Wiki, help fill it out
- Misconduct
- Posts: 1851
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:13 am
- Location: Cape Canaveral, Florida
- Contact:
RE: Kablammo
ORIGINAL: afspret
Really? I've got 3 ASW TFs, one with Hermes and her Swordfish, one with 3 Corvettes and the other with 4 trying to get rid of the pesky little IJN sub hanging around Columbo and they have only engaged 3 times, with no apparent hits, between 8 & 31 Dec 41. Or is it that the RN Corvettes are not as good as the DDs?ORIGINAL: Smeulders
The answer is Royal Navy. The RN destroyers seem to be twice as effective in destroying subs as anything else.
Make sure the aggressive rating of your skippers are high, I noticed when giving DD skippers an Aggressive rating over 65 they seem to pretty much kamakazi every sub in sight.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
RE: Kablammo
Well, I hope it doesn't turn out for your ASW skippers the same as it does for the kamakazi pilots.ORIGINAL: Misconduct
ORIGINAL: afspret
Really? I've got 3 ASW TFs, one with Hermes and her Swordfish, one with 3 Corvettes and the other with 4 trying to get rid of the pesky little IJN sub hanging around Columbo and they have only engaged 3 times, with no apparent hits, between 8 & 31 Dec 41. Or is it that the RN Corvettes are not as good as the DDs?ORIGINAL: Smeulders
The answer is Royal Navy. The RN destroyers seem to be twice as effective in destroying subs as anything else.
Make sure the aggressive rating of your skippers are high, I noticed when giving DD skippers an Aggressive rating over 65 they seem to pretty much kamakazi every sub in sight.
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
RE: Kablammo
High aggressiveness is not necessarily good if Naval skill and crew experience are low, it works both for ASW TF and for subs.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-


RE: Kablammo
I'm glad to see at least Warrant Officer remembered Kablammo!
-
John Lansford
- Posts: 2664
- Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2002 12:40 am
RE: Kablammo
I just wait until the damaged subs go to port at Rabaul or Truk, then send waves of LBA's over them to hit the port. I've sunk probably a dozen IJN subs that way.
RE: Kablammo
ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder
I have no trouble sinking allied subs [:D]
I do!






