
The good part was rethinking the situation over after reading some more tips. Kudos to Sardaukar's AAR -- Your turn 1 stuff is in my binder now. Yes, I keep a binder now, since I've learned not to rely on my faulty memory. I'm still adjusting to the correct use of the ship classification symbols.
The upshot was making better use of the three RN DDs at Hong Kong. After surviving several air attacks without result, ("There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without effect.") I figured the best use for them was to help out in the PI. I'm on Dec 10 right now.
On the way, they caught one of the IJN East-West convoys south of HK and beat the snot out of it. Reaching northern Luzon, they then proceded to maul a lightly escorted invasion convoy, putting off one landing for some time. The torpedoes worked, too.
I guess the point is that it did take me a few tries in the campaign to get one bright spot in the early war mess. One bright spot in my resistance. (besides smacking the Wake invasion with carrier A/C). I figure repetition will pound some wisdom into my head.
One question. Will the two B-10s on Luzon ever fly a mission? I've moved them to Clark with the 17s, but after three goes at the campaign, I've never seen them fly.
M-









