ORIGINAL: USS America
SLR's aside, it's good to see you about, Brother Nik! [8D]
its nice to be missed........(especially by errant snowballs.)
[:)]
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
ORIGINAL: USS America
SLR's aside, it's good to see you about, Brother Nik! [8D]

ORIGINAL: Nikademus
ORIGINAL: scott1964
What snow? [:'(]
EXACTLY!
everyone keeps predicting we are going to get socked this year because of la ninya but so far its not been much more than a light dusting.
ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
And yet, Seattle was nearly paralyzed by that light dusting...[8|]
ORIGINAL: BrucePowers
I haven't seen an errant snowball in years[:)]

ORIGINAL: Nikademus
ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
And yet, Seattle was nearly paralyzed by that light dusting...[8|]
Yep......as an ex-East Coaster, i can't help but shake my head and chuckle every time it happens.....which is every time.
ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart
ORIGINAL: BrucePowers
I haven't seen an errant snowball in years[:)]
apparently, errant snowballs are no laughing matter...[X(]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crim ... _snow.html
http://politicom.moldova.org/news/phill ... 6-eng.html
Oh woof ! Imagine how I feel. Move from Cali to Mobile Bay [edit] in the bloody "sunbelt" - hello ! [] and there's frost (and ice) on the back deck. Abby the Hamster dog gets me up at 0:dark:30 going lick, lick, gotta pee dad, lick, lick, so out we go and woof, it's a sudden awakening and 'hello, why am I skiding toward the edge of the deck?' and 'hello, why has my vascular system suddenly shut down?'. Meanwhile, Abby is wandering through all the crispy grass going "Daddy, I gotta poo, what IS this stuff ? can I dump on it ?"ORIGINAL: NikademusYep......as an ex-East Coaster, i can't help but shake my head and chuckle every time it happens.....which is every time.ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
And yet, Seattle was nearly paralyzed by that light dusting...[8|]
Pfft....Chicago winters are only harsh if you're a fairy. [;)]ORIGINAL: Apollo11
Hi all,
ORIGINAL: sprior
BTW, we here change our car tires to "winter" tires in early November (from "summer" tires). IIRC there is no such switch in England (and the "winter" tires are virtually unknown). Is this true / correct?
That is correct. I never switched in Chicago and nobody I knew did either.
No winter tires in Chicago?!?!?
But the winters and snow there are regular and harsh! [X(]
Leo "Apollo11"

Well, dude, that's where you're wrong. You managed to A. Stay employed for next week, B. Get paid for the day's work for today and C. Go home after work. Pretty good.ORIGINAL: Terminus
ORIGINAL: Mynok
ORIGINAL: Terminus
Morning Tithe...
Have a good day, T. I know. Tall order. Remember it is Friday. [;)]
Work day from HELL is FINALLY over. It's been one of those days where no matter how hard you work, you don't seem to get a damn thing done.[:@]

"What should I do?" "What should I do?" [:@] I'll tell you what you should do, you sellout. Stick your head in a blender, that's what.ORIGINAL: Nikademus
ORIGINAL: Dixie
Most football games are peaceful, unless you go looking for trouble...
Like when LeBron James pre-empts sports Television for an hour just to announce that he's moving to another team. [:)]


Sorry if my post offended you. It was an attempt at humor. Spent many years at school in Maine and Massachusetts. Spent lots of time and bucks in Summit County. In Cali, Big Bear was 2 hours away and Mammoth was a weekend trip. Alta, Utah was a cheap plane ride away. Know about snow.ORIGINAL: scott1964
[8|]
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
"What should I do?" "What should I do?" [:@] I'll tell you what you should do, you sellout. Stick your head in a blender, that's what.ORIGINAL: Nikademus
ORIGINAL: Dixie
Most football games are peaceful, unless you go looking for trouble...
Like when LeBron James pre-empts sports Television for an hour just to announce that he's moving to another team. [:)]

ORIGINAL: JWE
Oh woof ! Imagine how I feel. Move from Cali to Mobile Bay [edit] in the bloody "sunbelt" - hello ! [] and there's frost (and ice) on the back deck. Abby the Hamster dog gets me up at 0:dark:30 going lick, lick, gotta pee dad, lick, lick, so out we go and woof, it's a sudden awakening and 'hello, why am I skiding toward the edge of the deck?' and 'hello, why has my vascular system suddenly shut down?'. Meanwhile, Abby is wandering through all the crispy grass going "Daddy, I gotta poo, what IS this stuff ? can I dump on it ?"ORIGINAL: NikademusYep......as an ex-East Coaster, i can't help but shake my head and chuckle every time it happens.....which is every time.ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
And yet, Seattle was nearly paralyzed by that light dusting...[8|]
ORIGINAL: Dixie
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
"What should I do?" "What should I do?" [:@] I'll tell you what you should do, you sellout. Stick your head in a blender, that's what.ORIGINAL: Nikademus
Like when LeBron James pre-empts sports Television for an hour just to announce that he's moving to another team. [:)]
I have no idea who that is or what he's done.
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
"What should I do?" "What should I do?" [:@] I'll tell you what you should do, you sellout. Stick your head in a blender, that's what.ORIGINAL: Nikademus
ORIGINAL: Dixie
Most football games are peaceful, unless you go looking for trouble...
Like when LeBron James pre-empts sports Television for an hour just to announce that he's moving to another team. [:)]