THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: USS America

SLR's aside, it's good to see you about, Brother Nik!  [8D]


its nice to be missed........(especially by errant snowballs.)

[:)]
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by BrucePowers »

I haven't seen an errant snowball in years[:)]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
Kwik E Mart
Posts: 2447
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:42 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Kwik E Mart »

TTIF tithe!! [&o]
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Image
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: The SNOW THREAD!!!!

Post by bradfordkay »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

ORIGINAL: scott1964

What snow? [:'(]

EXACTLY!

everyone keeps predicting we are going to get socked this year because of la ninya but so far its not been much more than a light dusting.



And yet, Seattle was nearly paralyzed by that light dusting...[8|]
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: The SNOW THREAD!!!!

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

And yet, Seattle was nearly paralyzed by that light dusting...[8|]

Yep......as an ex-East Coaster, i can't help but shake my head and chuckle every time it happens.....which is every time.
User avatar
Kwik E Mart
Posts: 2447
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:42 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Kwik E Mart »

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

I haven't seen an errant snowball in years[:)]

apparently, errant snowballs are no laughing matter...[X(]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crim ... _snow.html
http://politicom.moldova.org/news/phill ... 6-eng.html
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Image
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: The SNOW THREAD!!!!

Post by bradfordkay »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

And yet, Seattle was nearly paralyzed by that light dusting...[8|]

Yep......as an ex-East Coaster, i can't help but shake my head and chuckle every time it happens.....which is every time.


Hey, I'm a southern boy and I laugh at the way people freak out in the snow around here. You'd think they were living in Mobile or something, the way they have no clue as to how to handle the snow.

"Gee, the roads are treacherous. I think that I'll just get out and walk, leaving my car parked right in the middle of the freeway..."
fair winds,
Brad
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by bradfordkay »

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

I haven't seen an errant snowball in years[:)]

apparently, errant snowballs are no laughing matter...[X(]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crim ... _snow.html
http://politicom.moldova.org/news/phill ... 6-eng.html


When I was a student at UGA and we had one of our rare snowfalls some kids were throwing snowballs at passing cars and were arrested by the campus cops. The charge? "Making terroristic threats"!!!
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
JWE
Posts: 5039
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:02 pm

RE: The SNOW THREAD!!!!

Post by JWE »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus
ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
And yet, Seattle was nearly paralyzed by that light dusting...[8|]
Yep......as an ex-East Coaster, i can't help but shake my head and chuckle every time it happens.....which is every time.
Oh woof ! Imagine how I feel. Move from Cali to Mobile Bay [edit] in the bloody "sunbelt" - hello ! [] and there's frost (and ice) on the back deck. Abby the Hamster dog gets me up at 0:dark:30 going lick, lick, gotta pee dad, lick, lick, so out we go and woof, it's a sudden awakening and 'hello, why am I skiding toward the edge of the deck?' and 'hello, why has my vascular system suddenly shut down?'. Meanwhile, Abby is wandering through all the crispy grass going "Daddy, I gotta poo, what IS this stuff ? can I dump on it ?"
User avatar
scott64
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

RE: The SNOW THREAD!!!!

Post by scott64 »

[8|]
Lucky for you, tonight it's just me


Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: sprior
BTW, we here change our car tires to "winter" tires in early November (from "summer" tires). IIRC there is no such switch in England (and the "winter" tires are virtually unknown). Is this true / correct?

That is correct. I never switched in Chicago and nobody I knew did either.

No winter tires in Chicago?!?!?

But the winters and snow there are regular and harsh! [X(]


Leo "Apollo11"
Pfft....Chicago winters are only harsh if you're a fairy. [;)]
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

ORIGINAL: Mynok

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Morning Tithe...

Have a good day, T. I know. Tall order. Remember it is Friday. [;)]

Work day from HELL is FINALLY over. It's been one of those days where no matter how hard you work, you don't seem to get a damn thing done.[:@]
Well, dude, that's where you're wrong. You managed to A. Stay employed for next week, B. Get paid for the day's work for today and C. Go home after work. Pretty good.
[8D]
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Most football games are peaceful, unless you go looking for trouble...

Like when LeBron James pre-empts sports Television for an hour just to announce that he's moving to another team. [:)]
"What should I do?" "What should I do?" [:@] I'll tell you what you should do, you sellout. Stick your head in a blender, that's what.
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

Hey, a UNP tithe por moi...[&o]

Leo: I wanted to say thanks to that heads up re: the NASA finding. It was fascinating reading the eventually press release and very interesting build up to the release. Thanks for bringing it to my / our attention.
Image
User avatar
JWE
Posts: 5039
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:02 pm

RE: The SNOW THREAD!!!!

Post by JWE »

ORIGINAL: scott1964
[8|]
Sorry if my post offended you. It was an attempt at humor. Spent many years at school in Maine and Massachusetts. Spent lots of time and bucks in Summit County. In Cali, Big Bear was 2 hours away and Mammoth was a weekend trip. Alta, Utah was a cheap plane ride away. Know about snow.

Again, sorry if my post offended you. If it was the hamster dog's pooping or peeing that offended you, I'm sure she will be sufficiently chastised.
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Dixie »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Nikademus

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Most football games are peaceful, unless you go looking for trouble...

Like when LeBron James pre-empts sports Television for an hour just to announce that he's moving to another team. [:)]
"What should I do?" "What should I do?" [:@] I'll tell you what you should do, you sellout. Stick your head in a blender, that's what.

I have no idea who that is or what he's done.
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
anarchyintheuk
Posts: 3958
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: The SNOW THREAD!!!!

Post by anarchyintheuk »

Enjoyed the story. Reminds me of an incident with my former dog when he saw snow for the first time. Good memories.
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: The SNOW THREAD!!!!

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: JWE
ORIGINAL: Nikademus
ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
And yet, Seattle was nearly paralyzed by that light dusting...[8|]
Yep......as an ex-East Coaster, i can't help but shake my head and chuckle every time it happens.....which is every time.
Oh woof ! Imagine how I feel. Move from Cali to Mobile Bay [edit] in the bloody "sunbelt" - hello ! [] and there's frost (and ice) on the back deck. Abby the Hamster dog gets me up at 0:dark:30 going lick, lick, gotta pee dad, lick, lick, so out we go and woof, it's a sudden awakening and 'hello, why am I skiding toward the edge of the deck?' and 'hello, why has my vascular system suddenly shut down?'. Meanwhile, Abby is wandering through all the crispy grass going "Daddy, I gotta poo, what IS this stuff ? can I dump on it ?"

I can relate....i nearly killed myself yesterday morning stepping out onto our frost covered back deck. Almost ended up flat on my back....all to let the ***** pitbull out.

Speaking of pitbull......latest incident....somehow Miss "DUH" 2010 managed to lock herself in our bathroom and proceeded to attempt to chew her way out. Fortunately i was the first to come home as GF would have committed Pitbullicide had she been the one to see the wood splinters and fragments all over the floor. Scratch one door and door frame.

anarchyintheuk
Posts: 3958
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by anarchyintheuk »


ORIGINAL: Dixie

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Nikademus




Like when LeBron James pre-empts sports Television for an hour just to announce that he's moving to another team. [:)]
"What should I do?" "What should I do?" [:@] I'll tell you what you should do, you sellout. Stick your head in a blender, that's what.

I have no idea who that is or what he's done.

NBA player who went from Cleveland to Miami (can't really blame him for geographical/terrain reasons). The manner in which he did it was the issue more than the actual changing of teams.

The Nike ad campaign and the spoofs of it are unintentionally hilarious for the former and just hilarious for the latter.
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

LOG!

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Nikademus

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Most football games are peaceful, unless you go looking for trouble...

Like when LeBron James pre-empts sports Television for an hour just to announce that he's moving to another team. [:)]
"What should I do?" "What should I do?" [:@] I'll tell you what you should do, you sellout. Stick your head in a blender, that's what.


If only i'd been blessed with the ability to dribble. I'd be a billionaire.

Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”