What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

undercovergeek
Posts: 1535
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:01 pm
Location: UK

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by undercovergeek »

CM: Battle for Normandy

Pride of Nations/Vainglory of Nations
User avatar
jjax
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:42 am

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by jjax »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

[8|]

You could have just said you meant Shogun 2. I am not sure why you expected that to be common knowledge.
--JJAX

User avatar
V22 Osprey
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:07 pm
Location: Corona, CA

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by V22 Osprey »

ORIGINAL: jjax
ORIGINAL: Terminus

[8|]

You could have just said you meant Shogun 2. I am not sure why you expected that to be common knowledge.

I knew right away that he meant Shogun 2. Diablo1 knew what he was talking about as well, he was just messing with Terminus. You even knew that he meant shogun 2, so please.[8|]

Anyway,

World in Flames
Modern Wars Vol 1(Modern version of JTCS
ImageImage
Art by rogueusmc.
User avatar
sabre1
Posts: 1922
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2001 8:00 am
Location: CA

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by sabre1 »

I am looking forward to just playing the games I already own. That will keep me busy for years.
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
User avatar
berto
Posts: 21461
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2002 1:15 am
Location: metro Chicago, Illinois, USA
Contact:

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by berto »

ORIGINAL: sabre1

I am looking forward to just playing the games I already own. That will keep me busy for years.
+1
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
martok
Posts: 845
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:44 am

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by martok »

Pride of Nations and the Armada 2526 expansion.


"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

User avatar
hgilmer3
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:15 pm

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by hgilmer3 »

I loved Shogun Total War, so I may take a look at Version 2.  I remember there was a central province, maybe Shinano, that you could have a decent but small force there and the AI would outnumber you in surrounding.  So, it would attack.  And to attack, it had to march all the way across this valley and attack up a hill in a Cul De Sac valley.  I'd have my high morale monks and heavy armor guys in the middle with light horse on the flanks and the AI would break on that force every time.  I loved those battles.
KurtC in the WITE PBEM module.
User avatar
Fallschirmjager
Posts: 3555
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by Fallschirmjager »

ORIGINAL: hgilmer3

I loved Shogun Total War, so I may take a look at Version 2.  I remember there was a central province, maybe Shinano, that you could have a decent but small force there and the AI would outnumber you in surrounding.  So, it would attack.  And to attack, it had to march all the way across this valley and attack up a hill in a Cul De Sac valley.  I'd have my high morale monks and heavy armor guys in the middle with light horse on the flanks and the AI would break on that force every time.  I loved those battles.


Warrior monks are some of my favorite RTS units of all time. The expansion had sword saints which were ridiculously overpowered and unrealistic but very fun.

It also featured the little FMV movies when you sent an agent on a mission. Those were fun. I hope they return.
User avatar
rhondabrwn
Posts: 2570
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:47 am
Location: Snowflake, Arizona

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by rhondabrwn »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Matrix World In Flames - although eagerly anticipating is probably not the correct description; try climbing the walls and salivating at the prospect [X(]

Yup... I'm ready to buy it - it's tops on my list.
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
User avatar
Obsolete
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:52 pm

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by Obsolete »

Image
Image
Image
King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.
User avatar
ilovestrategy
Posts: 3614
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:41 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by ilovestrategy »

Obsolete, what is the purpose of the metal band around the turret? I was under the impression that German tanks already had thick armor. Am I wrong in thinking that?
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by DuckofTindalos »

It's spaced armour to neutralize hollow charge rounds before they hit the turret or the tracks. And the Pz IV was not especially heavily armoured. The Panther and the Tiger were entirely different kettles of fish.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
diablo1
Posts: 994
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:58 pm

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by diablo1 »

ORIGINAL: V22 Osprey

ORIGINAL: jjax
ORIGINAL: Terminus

[8|]

You could have just said you meant Shogun 2. I am not sure why you expected that to be common knowledge.

I knew right away that he meant Shogun 2. Diablo1 knew what he was talking about as well, he was just messing with Terminus. You even knew that he meant shogun 2, so please.[8|]

Anyway,

World in Flames
Modern Wars Vol 1(Modern version of JTCS

So you're a mind reader now eh Osprey? You should goto the tracks you could make millions. [:)]
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
User avatar
wworld7
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:57 am
Location: The Nutmeg State

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by wworld7 »

ORIGINAL: diablo1

So you're a mind reader now eh Osprey? You should goto the tracks you could make millions. [:)]

If your little joke leads the kid into gambling YOU should cover any loss he suffers.[:D][:D][:D]
Flipper
User avatar
hgilmer3
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:15 pm

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by hgilmer3 »

I suppose I'm looking forward to Diablo 3.  I know it is mindless clicking, but sometimes I want mindless clicking after a day of work in the office.
KurtC in the WITE PBEM module.
Alan Sharif
Posts: 1129
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2001 8:00 am
Location: UK.
Contact:

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by Alan Sharif »

OK, PC:Ostfront, CM Normandy and Brother Against Brother, also any further BA expansions and Combined Arms WW2 ( well, I can hope for the last one).
A Sharif
User avatar
ilovestrategy
Posts: 3614
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:41 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by ilovestrategy »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

It's spaced armour to neutralize hollow charge rounds before they hit the turret or the tracks. And the Pz IV was not especially heavily armoured. The Panther and the Tiger were entirely different kettles of fish.


Thank you Terminus! [:)]
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
Image
User avatar
mikkey
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:04 pm
Location: Slovakia

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by mikkey »

Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy
Battle of Britain: Storm of War
User avatar
Deathtreader
Posts: 1058
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:49 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada.

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by Deathtreader »


Somebody is going to say it..........might as well be me.

COMBINED ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the HTTR expansion (plus patch) for BFTB. [&o]

Happy New Year everyone!

Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
User avatar
sprior
Posts: 8298
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Post by sprior »

COMBINED ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me too
HTTR expansion (plus patch) for BFTB

I would buy BFTB if that came out.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Image
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”