How to fasten computer's turn?
Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21
-
Lehnardtsson
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:40 am
How to fasten computer's turn?
Hi,
Playing the campaign I am not so fond in watching every attack by the computer and then having to make a pause (getting some food, goiing to the toilets etc..)
I would rather have a quick computer turn and focus on my business.
I usually prefer to just check what is really important myself instead of having to watch the whole thing.
I cannot reduce the delay to 0 because in such cases I would not see what I do.
Julien
Playing the campaign I am not so fond in watching every attack by the computer and then having to make a pause (getting some food, goiing to the toilets etc..)
I would rather have a quick computer turn and focus on my business.
I usually prefer to just check what is really important myself instead of having to watch the whole thing.
I cannot reduce the delay to 0 because in such cases I would not see what I do.
Julien
RE: How to fasten computer's turn?
ORIGINAL: Lehnardtsson
Hi,
Playing the campaign I am not so fond in watching every attack by the computer and then having to make a pause (getting some food, goiing to the toilets etc..)
I would rather have a quick computer turn and focus on my business.
I usually prefer to just check what is really important myself instead of having to watch the whole thing.
I cannot reduce the delay to 0 because in such cases I would not see what I do.
Julien
mmmm, is it not possible to reduce the delay to 0 just before hitting F12?
- sillyflower
- Posts: 3509
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm
- Location: Back in Blighty
RE: How to fasten computer's turn?
ORIGINAL: alfonso
ORIGINAL: Lehnardtsson
Hi,
Playing the campaign I am not so fond in watching every attack by the computer and then having to make a pause (getting some food, goiing to the toilets etc..)
I would rather have a quick computer turn and focus on my business.
I usually prefer to just check what is really important myself instead of having to watch the whole thing.
I cannot reduce the delay to 0 because in such cases I would not see what I do.
Julien
mmmm, is it not possible to reduce the delay to 0 just before hitting F12?
yes
web exchange
Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi
Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi
Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
- cookie monster
- Posts: 1690
- Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 10:09 am
- Location: Birmingham,England
RE: How to fasten computer's turn?
to speed up the ai turn
when you are finished with your orders press 0
zoom all the way out
click end turn
when its your next turn press 1-7 for level of combat detail you wanna see
when you are finished with your orders press 0
zoom all the way out
click end turn
when its your next turn press 1-7 for level of combat detail you wanna see
RE: How to fasten computer's turn?
Yeah for some reason, zooming out makes the turn faster.
- Templer_12
- Posts: 1710
- Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:29 am
- Location: Germany
- Contact:
Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
ORIGINAL: jomni
Yeah for some reason, zooming out makes the turn faster.
Now can someone tell me why zooming out makes the turn faster? [&:]
RE: Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
Now can someone tell me why zooming out makes the turn faster?
Less stuff to calc and draw (CV values, detections, etc..)
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2/CS-2 Development
WITE/WITW/WITE-2/CS-2 Development
RE: Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
Not really on topic but related. How to speed rail movement of units across the USSR:
Give rail movement order to unit then ALT-TAB to another application. Wait one second. ALT-TAB back. Your unit is in destination.
I was tearing my hairs trying to rail all those reinforcements from East side to the front. Looks there is no way to speed movement which takes ages. Switching to another application and back cause train to teleport. Along with its cargo
Give rail movement order to unit then ALT-TAB to another application. Wait one second. ALT-TAB back. Your unit is in destination.
I was tearing my hairs trying to rail all those reinforcements from East side to the front. Looks there is no way to speed movement which takes ages. Switching to another application and back cause train to teleport. Along with its cargo
- abulbulian
- Posts: 1107
- Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:42 pm
RE: Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
ORIGINAL: arras
Not really on topic but related. How to speed rail movement of units across the USSR:
Give rail movement order to unit then ALT-TAB to another application. Wait one second. ALT-TAB back. Your unit is in destination.
I was tearing my hairs trying to rail all those reinforcements from East side to the front. Looks there is no way to speed movement which takes ages. Switching to another application and back cause train to teleport. Along with its cargo
If I'm understanding what this is concerning, I would try using SPACE BAR to expedite the rail movement display. Would be a little less annoying than ALT-TAB. [:'(]
- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2
"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2
"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu
RE: Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
ORIGINAL: abulbulian
If I'm understanding what this is concerning, I would try using SPACE BAR to expedite the rail movement display. Would be a little less annoying than ALT-TAB. [:'(]
I'll try that, thanks. If it does what you understand I am concerned about, it will be indeed less annoying
- Fänrik Stål
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:06 pm
- Location: Sweden
RE: Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
I turned off the move animation. Did the trick for me. Now I just click on the destination hex and ZAP! they're there.[:)]ORIGINAL: arras
Not really on topic but related. How to speed rail movement of units across the USSR:
Give rail movement order to unit then ALT-TAB to another application. Wait one second. ALT-TAB back. Your unit is in destination.
I was tearing my hairs trying to rail all those reinforcements from East side to the front. Looks there is no way to speed movement which takes ages. Switching to another application and back cause train to teleport. Along with its cargo
Edit: even stacks move instantaneously.
"Släpp ingen djävul över bron!"
RE: Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
Click Rail Move button, click units, right click destination, hit space bar. Your units will appear there instantly.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
RE: Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
Your units will appear there instantly.
Unless interdicted
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2/CS-2 Development
WITE/WITW/WITE-2/CS-2 Development
- cookie monster
- Posts: 1690
- Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 10:09 am
- Location: Birmingham,England
RE: Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
ORIGINAL: Helpless
Your units will appear there instantly.
Unless interdicted![]()
Aha I have fond memories of trying to move lots of units in the south.
80% of the time they were bombed.
I'm glad it was patched out!
- Templer_12
- Posts: 1710
- Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:29 am
- Location: Germany
- Contact:
RE: How to fasten computer's turn?
So far I've only played the "short" campaigns.
Today I started on the axis side the 1944-45 campaign.
The first turn plays the Soviet Union.
The turn requires at least 55 min ?! [X(]
That's take only as long on my system or do I have to live with such times?
Today I started on the axis side the 1944-45 campaign.
The first turn plays the Soviet Union.
The turn requires at least 55 min ?! [X(]
That's take only as long on my system or do I have to live with such times?

- cookie monster
- Posts: 1690
- Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 10:09 am
- Location: Birmingham,England
RE: How to fasten computer's turn?
ORIGINAL: Templer
So far I've only played the "short" campaigns.
Today I started on the axis side the 1944-45 campaign.
The first turn plays the Soviet Union.
The turn requires at least 55 min ?! [X(]
That's take only as long on my system or do I have to live with such times?![]()
What are you computer specs?
RAM and processor?
Message Settings?
- Templer_12
- Posts: 1710
- Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:29 am
- Location: Germany
- Contact:
RE: How to fasten computer's turn?
Windows XP
Pentium IV 3 GHz with Hyper-Threading Technology
2.75 GB RAM
Video card: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series 1024 MB
Kaspersky Internet Security 2011
Massage Setting = 0
55 min. That was a painful surprise.
Pentium IV 3 GHz with Hyper-Threading Technology
2.75 GB RAM
Video card: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series 1024 MB
Kaspersky Internet Security 2011
Massage Setting = 0
55 min. That was a painful surprise.
- cookie monster
- Posts: 1690
- Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 10:09 am
- Location: Birmingham,England
RE: How to fasten computer's turn?
Well that sounds ok
I have run the game in that time period on my laptop with no problems
The laptop is of less power than your computer
Did you have alot of other applications open at the same time?
Are you computer maintenance tasks up to date?
I have run the game in that time period on my laptop with no problems
The laptop is of less power than your computer
Did you have alot of other applications open at the same time?
Are you computer maintenance tasks up to date?
- Templer_12
- Posts: 1710
- Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:29 am
- Location: Germany
- Contact:
RE: How to fasten computer's turn?
There are not so much applications runnig at the same time and all maintenance tasks are up to date.
So I have to live with it.
OK if I know now it's not up to my system.
But there will come long days! [:(]
So I have to live with it.
OK if I know now it's not up to my system.
But there will come long days! [:(]
- Templer_12
- Posts: 1710
- Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:29 am
- Location: Germany
- Contact:
RE: Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
ORIGINAL: Helpless
Now can someone tell me why zooming out makes the turn faster?
Less stuff to calc and draw (CV values, detections, etc..)
So to clarify: If I minimize the game to the taskbar then it should turn fastest? [&:]







