THE THREAD!!!
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
- bobogoboom
- Posts: 3799
- Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
- Location: Dallas
RE: THE THREAD!!!
tithe from jax.
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Good luck Mike. Don't bring your brother, wear tuxedos, and interview together....[:-]
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
- bobogoboom
- Posts: 3799
- Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
- Location: Dallas
RE: THE THREAD!!!
it would be nice if georgia would stop burning so i could go outside.[:@]
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Didn't know it was still burning....
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: jeffk3510
Just found a place in the country to move to possibly. 28 acres of grass for cows, wohoo!!
Mooo.

- Attachments
-
- cow.gif (6.95 KiB) Viewed 317 times

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
- bobogoboom
- Posts: 3799
- Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
- Location: Dallas
RE: THE THREAD!!!
yep 200,000 acres burned in the okefenoke swamp(i have no idea how to spell that and don't care enought to look it up)
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Uh huh......ORIGINAL: jeffk3510
Just found a place in the country to move to possibly. 28 acres of grass for cows, wohoo!!
[sarcasm mode on]
So, let me get this straight, Jeff...you found a place in Kansas "in the country". A place that can grow grass for cows. Doesn't all Kansas grow grass for cows and isn't the vast, vast majority of Kansas "in the country"? [:'(]
It's like saying, "Hey, I found some land in Southern Illinois where I can grow corn!" or "I found some open land in North Dakota that was flat, dry, windy and grew wheat grudgingly."
[sarcasm mode off]
Cool. You going to do range-reared beef?

RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
Uh huh......ORIGINAL: jeffk3510
Just found a place in the country to move to possibly. 28 acres of grass for cows, wohoo!!
[sarcasm mode on]
So, let me get this straight, Jeff...you found a place in Kansas "in the country". A place that can grow grass for cows. Doesn't all Kansas grow grass for cows and isn't the vast, vast majority of Kansas "in the country"? [:'(]
It's like saying, "Hey, I found some land in Southern Illinois where I can grow corn!" or "I found some open land in North Dakota that was flat, dry, windy and grew wheat grudgingly."
[sarcasm mode off]
Cool. You going to do range-reared beef?
Naw...Yard-bird! [:D] (Southern free range chicken). [:)]
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Terminus
False Alarm Tithe...
Doc said the thing looked totally harmless; I got an appointment on Thursday to have it removed, and he'll have it checked in the lab, but it looks like everything is just fine...[8D]
Good news T, this type of news is always good. [:)]

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Nikademus
ORIGINAL: Terminus
Yes.
no. He's a head in a bottle like in Futurama
So are you. You should get on splendidly...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: jeffk3510
Just found a place in the country to move to possibly. 28 acres of grass for cows, wohoo!!
I think you mean "28 acres of grass for cows, MOHOO!!"...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
Cool. You going to do range-reared beef?
No... I bet he is going to do finger licking good chicken! [:D]

- Attachments
-
- th_chickendance.gif (5.25 KiB) Viewed 317 times

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
Uh huh......ORIGINAL: jeffk3510
Just found a place in the country to move to possibly. 28 acres of grass for cows, wohoo!!
[sarcasm mode on]
So, let me get this straight, Jeff...you found a place in Kansas "in the country". A place that can grow grass for cows. Doesn't all Kansas grow grass for cows and isn't the vast, vast majority of Kansas "in the country"? [:'(]
It's like saying, "Hey, I found some land in Southern Illinois where I can grow corn!" or "I found some open land in North Dakota that was flat, dry, windy and grew wheat grudgingly."
[sarcasm mode off]
Cool. You going to do range-reared beef?
[:D] nice one. Actually I have never LIVED outside of the city limits, but have always grown up around our farms...for those that do not understand. We own ground, farm it, run cows on it, fish on it, yadayada..but live in the city. Wife, boy, and I live in the city still, and are in the process of moving... I have moved back out here (where I am from) and we’re waiting to sell our house back in McPherson...
As to the range-reared beef…. We just buy em, fatten em, and then sell them to the feedlot. SOMETIMES we retain ownership at the lot. It just depends on the cost of gain at the time of sale....too high right now to make any money. I slaughter one as well... have beef forever!
On two of the places we have enough grass to run them on and ponds for water. There is VERY little to do with those guys, except monitor health whenever you’re in the area.
On those places we have corrals as well, and feed and water a different set of steers there....more costly and time consuming...
This place only has room for maybe ten...doesn't look like it has a pond either...but if one lives out there, feeding and watering them daily is hardly a burden....
Contrary to popular belief.... Kansas is slowly turning into a corn state... less and less wheat acres. Drought tolerant corn and all of that cool stuff, and new plateau of prices. Much like S. Dakota was a wheat state years ago and is now considered a corn state. Kansas in 20 years...my 2 cents...
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: bobogoboom
tithe from jax.
I wish I were there now, fires or no fires. Better fire on the horizon then Tornados in the neighborhood![:D]
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: AW1Steve
ORIGINAL: bobogoboom
tithe from jax.
I wish I were there now, fires or no fires. Better fire on the horizon then Tornados in the neighborhood![:D]
No joke. Tornados are bad news .....
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Terminus
ORIGINAL: jeffk3510
Just found a place in the country to move to possibly. 28 acres of grass for cows, wohoo!!
I think you mean "28 acres of grass for cows, MOHOO!!"...
Haha! Our cattle must have had their voice boxes removed at birth or something. They hardly do that... they just stare at you....and snort more than mooo...
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: jeffk3510
ORIGINAL: AW1Steve
ORIGINAL: bobogoboom
tithe from jax.
I wish I were there now, fires or no fires. Better fire on the horizon then Tornados in the neighborhood![:D]
No joke. Tornados are bad news .....
True, but 75 MPH winds in a thunderstorm is no joke either. I miss the hurricanes of Florida,the North Easters of Maine, and the typhoons of Guam. THOSE I can handle and understand. But SKY Funnels?.....well only two more years.(One down)[:D]
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: jeffk3510
ORIGINAL: Terminus
ORIGINAL: jeffk3510
Just found a place in the country to move to possibly. 28 acres of grass for cows, wohoo!!
I think you mean "28 acres of grass for cows, MOHOO!!"...
Haha! Our cattle must have had their voice boxes removed at birth or something. They hardly do that... they just stare at you....and snort more than mooo...
That's cause they're laughing at you! (Sorry Jeff, couldn't resist!)[:D]
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Hey Dixie! Get off the Thread and send me that turn! I've got ships to sink![:D]
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Woof !! Found the ultimate BBQ place here on the Eastern Shore. A wonderful word-of-mouth hole in the wall that has brisket and pulled pork and chicken and sausage and bears, oh my. So went to get some brisket and was chatting with the dude about sauces and such, and he says "try this". ......... way woof !
He had marinated some full sirloins in a poblano, andilla, vinegar, onion, garlic sauce for 2 days and started smoking them at 1:00 am for himself and his buds. Had maybe 4 pounds left and thought I might like some of it. Freakin duh ! Bought it all and got on his list ! He has 12 pots of sauce going. Bit of this and a bit more of that makes one of his take-outs. Less of that and more of this and a shot of pepper vinegar makes another. If he lets you in the kitchen and your tongue can dig it, you can make a sirloin/sauce combo that will make Davey Crockett go Nan Deska ![;)]
He had marinated some full sirloins in a poblano, andilla, vinegar, onion, garlic sauce for 2 days and started smoking them at 1:00 am for himself and his buds. Had maybe 4 pounds left and thought I might like some of it. Freakin duh ! Bought it all and got on his list ! He has 12 pots of sauce going. Bit of this and a bit more of that makes one of his take-outs. Less of that and more of this and a shot of pepper vinegar makes another. If he lets you in the kitchen and your tongue can dig it, you can make a sirloin/sauce combo that will make Davey Crockett go Nan Deska ![;)]







