THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
bobogoboom
Posts: 3799
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by bobogoboom »

tithe from jax.
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.
Image
Sig art by rogueusmc
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by jeffk3510 »

Good luck Mike.  Don't bring your brother, wear tuxedos, and interview together....[:-]
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
User avatar
bobogoboom
Posts: 3799
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by bobogoboom »

it would be nice if georgia would stop burning so i could go outside.[:@]
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.
Image
Sig art by rogueusmc
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by jeffk3510 »

Didn't know it was still burning....
 
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
User avatar
DivePac88
Posts: 3119
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the South Pacific.

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DivePac88 »

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Just found a place in the country to move to possibly.  28 acres of grass for cows, wohoo!!

Mooo.


Image
Attachments
cow.gif
cow.gif (6.95 KiB) Viewed 318 times
Image
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
User avatar
bobogoboom
Posts: 3799
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by bobogoboom »

yep 200,000 acres burned in the okefenoke swamp(i have no idea how to spell that and don't care enought to look it up)
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.
Image
Sig art by rogueusmc
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Just found a place in the country to move to possibly.  28 acres of grass for cows, wohoo!!
Uh huh......

[sarcasm mode on]

So, let me get this straight, Jeff...you found a place in Kansas "in the country". A place that can grow grass for cows. Doesn't all Kansas grow grass for cows and isn't the vast, vast majority of Kansas "in the country"? [:'(]

It's like saying, "Hey, I found some land in Southern Illinois where I can grow corn!" or "I found some open land in North Dakota that was flat, dry, windy and grew wheat grudgingly."

[sarcasm mode off]

Cool. You going to do range-reared beef?



Image
User avatar
AW1Steve
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Mordor aka Illlinois

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Just found a place in the country to move to possibly.  28 acres of grass for cows, wohoo!!
Uh huh......

[sarcasm mode on]

So, let me get this straight, Jeff...you found a place in Kansas "in the country". A place that can grow grass for cows. Doesn't all Kansas grow grass for cows and isn't the vast, vast majority of Kansas "in the country"? [:'(]

It's like saying, "Hey, I found some land in Southern Illinois where I can grow corn!" or "I found some open land in North Dakota that was flat, dry, windy and grew wheat grudgingly."

[sarcasm mode off]

Cool. You going to do range-reared beef?





Naw...Yard-bird! [:D] (Southern free range chicken). [:)]
User avatar
DivePac88
Posts: 3119
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the South Pacific.

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DivePac88 »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

False Alarm Tithe...

Doc said the thing looked totally harmless; I got an appointment on Thursday to have it removed, and he'll have it checked in the lab, but it looks like everything is just fine...[8D]

Good news T, this type of news is always good. [:)]
Image
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Yes.

no. He's a head in a bottle like in Futurama

So are you. You should get on splendidly...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Just found a place in the country to move to possibly.  28 acres of grass for cows, wohoo!!

I think you mean "28 acres of grass for cows, MOHOO!!"...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
DivePac88
Posts: 3119
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the South Pacific.

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DivePac88 »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Cool. You going to do range-reared beef?


No... I bet he is going to do finger licking good chicken! [:D]


Image
Attachments
th_chickendance.gif
th_chickendance.gif (5.25 KiB) Viewed 318 times
Image
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by jeffk3510 »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Just found a place in the country to move to possibly.  28 acres of grass for cows, wohoo!!
Uh huh......

[sarcasm mode on]

So, let me get this straight, Jeff...you found a place in Kansas "in the country". A place that can grow grass for cows. Doesn't all Kansas grow grass for cows and isn't the vast, vast majority of Kansas "in the country"? [:'(]

It's like saying, "Hey, I found some land in Southern Illinois where I can grow corn!" or "I found some open land in North Dakota that was flat, dry, windy and grew wheat grudgingly."

[sarcasm mode off]

Cool. You going to do range-reared beef?





[:D] nice one. Actually I have never LIVED outside of the city limits, but have always grown up around our farms...for those that do not understand. We own ground, farm it, run cows on it, fish on it, yadayada..but live in the city. Wife, boy, and I live in the city still, and are in the process of moving... I have moved back out here (where I am from) and we’re waiting to sell our house back in McPherson...

As to the range-reared beef…. We just buy em, fatten em, and then sell them to the feedlot. SOMETIMES we retain ownership at the lot. It just depends on the cost of gain at the time of sale....too high right now to make any money. I slaughter one as well... have beef forever!

On two of the places we have enough grass to run them on and ponds for water. There is VERY little to do with those guys, except monitor health whenever you’re in the area.
On those places we have corrals as well, and feed and water a different set of steers there....more costly and time consuming...
This place only has room for maybe ten...doesn't look like it has a pond either...but if one lives out there, feeding and watering them daily is hardly a burden....

Contrary to popular belief.... Kansas is slowly turning into a corn state... less and less wheat acres. Drought tolerant corn and all of that cool stuff, and new plateau of prices. Much like S. Dakota was a wheat state years ago and is now considered a corn state. Kansas in 20 years...my 2 cents...
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
User avatar
AW1Steve
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Mordor aka Illlinois

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

tithe from jax.


I wish I were there now, fires or no fires. Better fire on the horizon then Tornados in the neighborhood![:D]
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by jeffk3510 »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

tithe from jax.


I wish I were there now, fires or no fires. Better fire on the horizon then Tornados in the neighborhood![:D]

No joke. Tornados are bad news .....
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by jeffk3510 »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Just found a place in the country to move to possibly.  28 acres of grass for cows, wohoo!!

I think you mean "28 acres of grass for cows, MOHOO!!"...

Haha! Our cattle must have had their voice boxes removed at birth or something. They hardly do that... they just stare at you....and snort more than mooo...
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
User avatar
AW1Steve
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Mordor aka Illlinois

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

tithe from jax.


I wish I were there now, fires or no fires. Better fire on the horizon then Tornados in the neighborhood![:D]

No joke. Tornados are bad news .....

True, but 75 MPH winds in a thunderstorm is no joke either. I miss the hurricanes of Florida,the North Easters of Maine, and the typhoons of Guam. THOSE I can handle and understand. But SKY Funnels?.....well only two more years.(One down)[:D]
User avatar
AW1Steve
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Mordor aka Illlinois

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

ORIGINAL: Terminus

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Just found a place in the country to move to possibly.  28 acres of grass for cows, wohoo!!

I think you mean "28 acres of grass for cows, MOHOO!!"...

Haha! Our cattle must have had their voice boxes removed at birth or something. They hardly do that... they just stare at you....and snort more than mooo...


That's cause they're laughing at you! (Sorry Jeff, couldn't resist!)[:D]
User avatar
AW1Steve
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Mordor aka Illlinois

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by AW1Steve »

Hey Dixie! Get off the Thread and send me that turn! I've got ships to sink![:D]
User avatar
JWE
Posts: 5039
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:02 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by JWE »

Woof !! Found the ultimate BBQ place here on the Eastern Shore. A wonderful word-of-mouth hole in the wall that has brisket and pulled pork and chicken and sausage and bears, oh my. So went to get some brisket and was chatting with the dude about sauces and such, and he says "try this". ......... way woof !

He had marinated some full sirloins in a poblano, andilla, vinegar, onion, garlic sauce for 2 days and started smoking them at 1:00 am for himself and his buds. Had maybe 4 pounds left and thought I might like some of it. Freakin duh ! Bought it all and got on his list ! He has 12 pots of sauce going. Bit of this and a bit more of that makes one of his take-outs. Less of that and more of this and a shot of pepper vinegar makes another. If he lets you in the kitchen and your tongue can dig it, you can make a sirloin/sauce combo that will make Davey Crockett go Nan Deska ![;)]
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”