OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Ddog
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:37 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by Ddog »

Well, I have debated LONG and HARD over posting this story.......but I figure most of the guys on here have a terrific sense of humor and may have some similar stories. And hey! If I can't laugh at myself then life has gotten really bad.

Any way, I am 43. Been separated for 14 months. Awaiting Jan to roll around to finalize things for tax purposes. I started dating again a little while back. I have dated women from ages 29 to 50. I have learned that it's not the same as it was 20 years ago. The internet has turned everything into a commodity, even dates. Men are now in demand, and you don't have to be a model to score the hot ones. You just have to be confident, caring, and a great listener.

Now on to the story that sparked this thread. I had been seeing a girl that lives a little farther away. She's 34, red head, curvy, and very adventurous. One night while talking on the phone she asks if I missed her. And I said yes of course, even though it had been like 2 days since I seen her. So she proceeds to send me a naughty pic. Then another....and more. I thanked her of course. She then asked where her pic was. I said what pic? And she said, "you know, a pic of (it)". So I thought about it and said that I might before going to bed. So before bed, I grab the digital camera and get a "tin type" made of Private Johnson. Go to the computer and mail it off. I figure if she shows it to anyone, I have plausible deniability since my face is not in the pic. Hell it could be Brett Farve for all anyone else knows. The next morning I get my wake up call from my angel of the minute and I ask her how she liked Pvt Johnsons pic. She replies "What pic?" And I explained how I had sent it, and she denied receiving it. I was puzzled at first. But then as I logged onto google I had gotten a reply from a long time WITP/AE opponent that said the following..."I think your email was meant for one of your lady friends. Unless its some ploy to throw of the Japanese invaders. In which case they are still laughing." I was horrified....a million excuses ran through my mind....Virus! No Hacked! Wasn't me! But then I just figured I'm too old to lie. And I wrote back apologizing.....telling him not to feel the need to reciprocate. Seen one seen them all, and I am just glad I don't email my mother on a regular basis.

Anyway, hope people see the humor in this and maybe we can get some other stories????

PS Eharmony is nothing but a Meat Market!! lol
I'd rather be lucky than good.

User avatar
wdolson
Posts: 7690
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Near Portland, OR

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by wdolson »

I read this to my SO.  She got a laugh out of it too.  I'm glad you can laugh about it, I think I would be hiding under the bed for a while if I ever did anything like that.

I've been happily mated since before sexting existed, so I haven't been in your position. Though I have accidentally e-mailed the wrong thing to the wrong person a couple of times and it has been embarrassing.  Nothing anyone would really find all that funny though. 

Bill
WIS Development Team
User avatar
zzodr
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:41 am

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by zzodr »

Hey Ddog,

Very funny story!
Been separated now for 11 months. And yes you are right the dating seen has changed a lot!

Good luck hope it all works out.
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by Chickenboy »

Funny story, Ddog-thanks for sharing. I would hate to have to visit the dating world again after 19 years with my wife.

As for sending that picture to my honorable opponent? I suspect that he would use it to dictate terms of my immediate surrender. And I'd have no choice but to comply! [:D]
Image
User avatar
GreyJoy
Posts: 6750
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:34 pm

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by GreyJoy »

I was in a post office when i read this....
 
Man, i started to laugh loud!!![:D][:D][:D]
 
Thx for sharing! Cool story!
 
For what is worth i sometimes send strange pics to my Pbem Opponent, right Rader? [:D]
User avatar
LoBaron
Posts: 4775
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:23 pm
Location: Vienna, Austria

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by LoBaron »

LOL! Great story.
Did your opponent surrender? [:D]


Not even close to the same but I´ll contribute anyway:

While I was still new at my current job I slowly got accustomed to the fact that when
the working day finally comes to an end the team likes to play a network
version of parcheesi/ludo.

The game has an integrated chat and its business as usual to flame the other players like crazy,
using about every word requireing censorship in this forum.
My girl works in the same company and we use MSN Messnger for internal communication, and, obviousely,
private conversation.

Well, to make a long story short, I learned that its good idea to separate both chat windows physicall from
each other after enduring a chorus yelling:
"SEE YOU IN A MINUTE SEXAAHHYYYY!!!!"
for 3 weeks in a row when leaving work...

[8|]


Edit: but at least this was better than the other way around: having to explain to my girlfriend
why I told her to "**** ******* ********* *****" over msn... [;)]
Image
User avatar
Grfin Zeppelin
Posts: 1514
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:22 pm
Location: Germany

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by Grfin Zeppelin »

Pictures or it didnt happen [:D]

Image
soticrandy
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:15 pm
Location: Denver, CO

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by soticrandy »

never send, always receive! [:-]
You take my life but I'll take yours too
You fire your musket but I run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back.
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by jeffk3510 »

ORIGINAL: soticrandy

never send, always receive! [:-]

That depends exactlly what you're talking about...[8|]
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by jeffk3510 »

Ddog-

That story just made my day...I'll have to tell my wife over lunch...

I have never done the whole sexting thing or anything like that... hell I have trouble getting my wife to do that in person....

I have no idea what I would do if I received that from my PBEM opponents...[:D][:D]

Happily married, which a little boy, and another one due next year..... and I couldn't imagine trying to date again... where the hell would I find the time?

See ya in a minute Sexaaahhy!
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
Ddog
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:37 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by Ddog »

Well the whole thing left me a little confused. After I apologized to my opponent, he was like "No big deal." I'm wondering if I should take offense to that???

Thanks for sharing LoBaron!! Or should I say Sexaaahy! ;)
I'd rather be lucky than good.

User avatar
Miller
Posts: 2227
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:14 am
Location: Ashington, England.

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by Miller »

Pah..........The needs of the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere come before the needs of any woman[;)]
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Funny story, Ddog-thanks for sharing. I would hate to have to visit the dating world again after 19 years with my wife.

As for sending that picture to my honorable opponent? I suspect that he would use it to dictate terms of my immediate surrender. And I'd have no choice but to comply! [:D]

Indeed you would have no choice! [:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

Pictures or it didnt happen [:D]

[:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Admiral Mitscher
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:51 pm

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by Admiral Mitscher »

I feel for your opponent, as I would class this as extreme psychological warfare. [;)]

Also for some strange reason, Nemo121's avatar mask keeps popping into my mind, when I think of a naked male pic. [:D]
Schanilec
Posts: 4038
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:30 pm
Location: Grand Forks, ND

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by Schanilec »

I have a couple of pick-up lines I like using.

"You know, once you go Czech you'll never pay cash again."

or

"Have you ever had a Czech against you?"

[8D]
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Santa Maria! Hilarious story!

If you receive an invitation for an WITP/AE sleepover I would be very cautious.

You also must know your write in campaign for President is dead. [:D]

BTW...fluffed or unfluffed?
Image
User avatar
LoBaron
Posts: 4775
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:23 pm
Location: Vienna, Austria

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by LoBaron »

ORIGINAL: Admiral Mitscher

I feel for your opponent, as I would class this as extreme psychological warfare. [;)]

Also for some strange reason, Nemo121's avatar mask keeps popping into my mind, when I think of a naked male pic. [:D]

And now, for some strange reason, Admmiral Mitscher´s face pops into my mind when I think of the face behind Nemo´s mask.

This getting very, very strange. Talk about psychological warfare...
Image
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by Dixie »

ORIGINAL: USS America

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

Pictures or it didnt happen [:D]

[:D]

I'll take his word for it [:D]
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
LeeChard
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:24 pm
Location: Michigan

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Post by LeeChard »

Don't you wish life had a rewind button[:D]
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”