OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
Well, I have debated LONG and HARD over posting this story.......but I figure most of the guys on here have a terrific sense of humor and may have some similar stories. And hey! If I can't laugh at myself then life has gotten really bad.
Any way, I am 43. Been separated for 14 months. Awaiting Jan to roll around to finalize things for tax purposes. I started dating again a little while back. I have dated women from ages 29 to 50. I have learned that it's not the same as it was 20 years ago. The internet has turned everything into a commodity, even dates. Men are now in demand, and you don't have to be a model to score the hot ones. You just have to be confident, caring, and a great listener.
Now on to the story that sparked this thread. I had been seeing a girl that lives a little farther away. She's 34, red head, curvy, and very adventurous. One night while talking on the phone she asks if I missed her. And I said yes of course, even though it had been like 2 days since I seen her. So she proceeds to send me a naughty pic. Then another....and more. I thanked her of course. She then asked where her pic was. I said what pic? And she said, "you know, a pic of (it)". So I thought about it and said that I might before going to bed. So before bed, I grab the digital camera and get a "tin type" made of Private Johnson. Go to the computer and mail it off. I figure if she shows it to anyone, I have plausible deniability since my face is not in the pic. Hell it could be Brett Farve for all anyone else knows. The next morning I get my wake up call from my angel of the minute and I ask her how she liked Pvt Johnsons pic. She replies "What pic?" And I explained how I had sent it, and she denied receiving it. I was puzzled at first. But then as I logged onto google I had gotten a reply from a long time WITP/AE opponent that said the following..."I think your email was meant for one of your lady friends. Unless its some ploy to throw of the Japanese invaders. In which case they are still laughing." I was horrified....a million excuses ran through my mind....Virus! No Hacked! Wasn't me! But then I just figured I'm too old to lie. And I wrote back apologizing.....telling him not to feel the need to reciprocate. Seen one seen them all, and I am just glad I don't email my mother on a regular basis.
Anyway, hope people see the humor in this and maybe we can get some other stories????
PS Eharmony is nothing but a Meat Market!! lol
Any way, I am 43. Been separated for 14 months. Awaiting Jan to roll around to finalize things for tax purposes. I started dating again a little while back. I have dated women from ages 29 to 50. I have learned that it's not the same as it was 20 years ago. The internet has turned everything into a commodity, even dates. Men are now in demand, and you don't have to be a model to score the hot ones. You just have to be confident, caring, and a great listener.
Now on to the story that sparked this thread. I had been seeing a girl that lives a little farther away. She's 34, red head, curvy, and very adventurous. One night while talking on the phone she asks if I missed her. And I said yes of course, even though it had been like 2 days since I seen her. So she proceeds to send me a naughty pic. Then another....and more. I thanked her of course. She then asked where her pic was. I said what pic? And she said, "you know, a pic of (it)". So I thought about it and said that I might before going to bed. So before bed, I grab the digital camera and get a "tin type" made of Private Johnson. Go to the computer and mail it off. I figure if she shows it to anyone, I have plausible deniability since my face is not in the pic. Hell it could be Brett Farve for all anyone else knows. The next morning I get my wake up call from my angel of the minute and I ask her how she liked Pvt Johnsons pic. She replies "What pic?" And I explained how I had sent it, and she denied receiving it. I was puzzled at first. But then as I logged onto google I had gotten a reply from a long time WITP/AE opponent that said the following..."I think your email was meant for one of your lady friends. Unless its some ploy to throw of the Japanese invaders. In which case they are still laughing." I was horrified....a million excuses ran through my mind....Virus! No Hacked! Wasn't me! But then I just figured I'm too old to lie. And I wrote back apologizing.....telling him not to feel the need to reciprocate. Seen one seen them all, and I am just glad I don't email my mother on a regular basis.
Anyway, hope people see the humor in this and maybe we can get some other stories????
PS Eharmony is nothing but a Meat Market!! lol
I'd rather be lucky than good.
RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
I read this to my SO. She got a laugh out of it too. I'm glad you can laugh about it, I think I would be hiding under the bed for a while if I ever did anything like that.
I've been happily mated since before sexting existed, so I haven't been in your position. Though I have accidentally e-mailed the wrong thing to the wrong person a couple of times and it has been embarrassing. Nothing anyone would really find all that funny though.
Bill
I've been happily mated since before sexting existed, so I haven't been in your position. Though I have accidentally e-mailed the wrong thing to the wrong person a couple of times and it has been embarrassing. Nothing anyone would really find all that funny though.
Bill
WIS Development Team
RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
Hey Ddog,
Very funny story!
Been separated now for 11 months. And yes you are right the dating seen has changed a lot!
Good luck hope it all works out.
Very funny story!
Been separated now for 11 months. And yes you are right the dating seen has changed a lot!
Good luck hope it all works out.

- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
Funny story, Ddog-thanks for sharing. I would hate to have to visit the dating world again after 19 years with my wife.
As for sending that picture to my honorable opponent? I suspect that he would use it to dictate terms of my immediate surrender. And I'd have no choice but to comply! [:D]
As for sending that picture to my honorable opponent? I suspect that he would use it to dictate terms of my immediate surrender. And I'd have no choice but to comply! [:D]

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
I was in a post office when i read this....
Man, i started to laugh loud!!![:D][:D][:D]
Thx for sharing! Cool story!
For what is worth i sometimes send strange pics to my Pbem Opponent, right Rader? [:D]
Man, i started to laugh loud!!![:D][:D][:D]
Thx for sharing! Cool story!
For what is worth i sometimes send strange pics to my Pbem Opponent, right Rader? [:D]
RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
LOL! Great story.
Did your opponent surrender? [:D]
Not even close to the same but I´ll contribute anyway:
While I was still new at my current job I slowly got accustomed to the fact that when
the working day finally comes to an end the team likes to play a network
version of parcheesi/ludo.
The game has an integrated chat and its business as usual to flame the other players like crazy,
using about every word requireing censorship in this forum.
My girl works in the same company and we use MSN Messnger for internal communication, and, obviousely,
private conversation.
Well, to make a long story short, I learned that its good idea to separate both chat windows physicall from
each other after enduring a chorus yelling:
"SEE YOU IN A MINUTE SEXAAHHYYYY!!!!"
for 3 weeks in a row when leaving work...
[8|]
Edit: but at least this was better than the other way around: having to explain to my girlfriend
why I told her to "**** ******* ********* *****" over msn... [;)]
Did your opponent surrender? [:D]
Not even close to the same but I´ll contribute anyway:
While I was still new at my current job I slowly got accustomed to the fact that when
the working day finally comes to an end the team likes to play a network
version of parcheesi/ludo.
The game has an integrated chat and its business as usual to flame the other players like crazy,
using about every word requireing censorship in this forum.
My girl works in the same company and we use MSN Messnger for internal communication, and, obviousely,
private conversation.
Well, to make a long story short, I learned that its good idea to separate both chat windows physicall from
each other after enduring a chorus yelling:
"SEE YOU IN A MINUTE SEXAAHHYYYY!!!!"
for 3 weeks in a row when leaving work...
[8|]
Edit: but at least this was better than the other way around: having to explain to my girlfriend
why I told her to "**** ******* ********* *****" over msn... [;)]

- Grfin Zeppelin
- Posts: 1514
- Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:22 pm
- Location: Germany
-
soticrandy
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:15 pm
- Location: Denver, CO
RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
never send, always receive! [:-]
You take my life but I'll take yours too
You fire your musket but I run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back.
You fire your musket but I run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back.
RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
ORIGINAL: soticrandy
never send, always receive! [:-]
That depends exactlly what you're talking about...[8|]
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
Ddog-
That story just made my day...I'll have to tell my wife over lunch...
I have never done the whole sexting thing or anything like that... hell I have trouble getting my wife to do that in person....
I have no idea what I would do if I received that from my PBEM opponents...[:D][:D]
Happily married, which a little boy, and another one due next year..... and I couldn't imagine trying to date again... where the hell would I find the time?
See ya in a minute Sexaaahhy!
That story just made my day...I'll have to tell my wife over lunch...
I have never done the whole sexting thing or anything like that... hell I have trouble getting my wife to do that in person....
I have no idea what I would do if I received that from my PBEM opponents...[:D][:D]
Happily married, which a little boy, and another one due next year..... and I couldn't imagine trying to date again... where the hell would I find the time?
See ya in a minute Sexaaahhy!
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
Well the whole thing left me a little confused. After I apologized to my opponent, he was like "No big deal." I'm wondering if I should take offense to that???
Thanks for sharing LoBaron!! Or should I say Sexaaahy!
Thanks for sharing LoBaron!! Or should I say Sexaaahy!
I'd rather be lucky than good.
RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
Pah..........The needs of the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere come before the needs of any woman[;)]
- USSAmerica
- Posts: 19211
- Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
- Location: Graham, NC, USA
- Contact:
RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
Funny story, Ddog-thanks for sharing. I would hate to have to visit the dating world again after 19 years with my wife.
As for sending that picture to my honorable opponent? I suspect that he would use it to dictate terms of my immediate surrender. And I'd have no choice but to comply! [:D]
Indeed you would have no choice! [:D]
Mike
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
- USSAmerica
- Posts: 19211
- Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
- Location: Graham, NC, USA
- Contact:
RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin
Pictures or it didnt happen [:D]
[:D]
Mike
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
- Admiral Mitscher
- Posts: 122
- Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:51 pm
RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
I feel for your opponent, as I would class this as extreme psychological warfare. [;)]
Also for some strange reason, Nemo121's avatar mask keeps popping into my mind, when I think of a naked male pic. [:D]
Also for some strange reason, Nemo121's avatar mask keeps popping into my mind, when I think of a naked male pic. [:D]
RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
I have a couple of pick-up lines I like using.
"You know, once you go Czech you'll never pay cash again."
or
"Have you ever had a Czech against you?"
[8D]
"You know, once you go Czech you'll never pay cash again."
or
"Have you ever had a Czech against you?"
[8D]
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
Santa Maria! Hilarious story!
If you receive an invitation for an WITP/AE sleepover I would be very cautious.
You also must know your write in campaign for President is dead. [:D]
BTW...fluffed or unfluffed?
If you receive an invitation for an WITP/AE sleepover I would be very cautious.
You also must know your write in campaign for President is dead. [:D]
BTW...fluffed or unfluffed?

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
ORIGINAL: Admiral Mitscher
I feel for your opponent, as I would class this as extreme psychological warfare. [;)]
Also for some strange reason, Nemo121's avatar mask keeps popping into my mind, when I think of a naked male pic. [:D]
And now, for some strange reason, Admmiral Mitscher´s face pops into my mind when I think of the face behind Nemo´s mask.
This getting very, very strange. Talk about psychological warfare...

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
ORIGINAL: USS America
ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin
Pictures or it didnt happen [:D]
[:D]
I'll take his word for it [:D]
[center]
Bigger boys stole my sig

Bigger boys stole my sig
RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..
Don't you wish life had a rewind button[:D]











