So any news, hints, teasers...
So any news, hints, teasers...
For the next beta? I'm curious (as usual).
Distant Worlds Fan
'When in doubt...attack!'
'When in doubt...attack!'
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
3d holographics. Ansible connections to real time fleets. Beer.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
- Erik Rutins
- Posts: 39786
- Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
- Location: Vermont, USA
- Contact:
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
We may yet manage to release the next beta tomorrow. If not then very early next week.
Regards,
- Erik
Regards,
- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
Woot! Birthday Beta Present!
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
Great news.
And happy birthday, Whydmer. [:)]
And happy birthday, Whydmer. [:)]
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
Now that is what I call a teaser! [:D]
Distant Worlds Fan
'When in doubt...attack!'
'When in doubt...attack!'
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
Looking forward to the beer feature.
- Erik Rutins
- Posts: 39786
- Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
- Location: Vermont, USA
- Contact:
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
Hi guys,
Looks like it will be next week, but among other tweaks and fixes this will include support for the externalized designs that the AI will also use preferentially and optimized AI design and research choices.
Regards,
- Erik
Looks like it will be next week, but among other tweaks and fixes this will include support for the externalized designs that the AI will also use preferentially and optimized AI design and research choices.
Regards,
- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Hi guys,
Looks like it will be next week, but among other tweaks and fixes this will include support for the externalized designs that the AI will also use preferentially and optimized AI design and research choices.
Regards,
- Erik
Yes! Now that is an update I am looking forward to.
[&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]
Distant Worlds Fan
'When in doubt...attack!'
'When in doubt...attack!'
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
Just so I cope with this language... does externalized designs mean we can "pre-design" our own ship plans for races? My Galactic War II mod would become a nightmare... in work and in battle.
One Thread To Guide Them All
"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."
"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
Sounds like it Nedrear. It's gonna be alot of work to design for each and every ship role, but I think it's a welcome feature.
However, there a couple of modding features that I'd like to see introduced more than anything right now.
1. Ability to assign random character stats by placing a '?' or similar symbol in place of the integer. Allow us to still enter the data ourselves as it currently is.
2. A toggle for each race as to whether they will start in their home system. The one that we specified in the race text files.
I don't think these 2 ideas would be too hard to implement and would go a long way to improving our mods.
Cheers for the hard work guys. Looking forward to the next patch!! [:)]
However, there a couple of modding features that I'd like to see introduced more than anything right now.
1. Ability to assign random character stats by placing a '?' or similar symbol in place of the integer. Allow us to still enter the data ourselves as it currently is.
2. A toggle for each race as to whether they will start in their home system. The one that we specified in the race text files.
I don't think these 2 ideas would be too hard to implement and would go a long way to improving our mods.
Cheers for the hard work guys. Looking forward to the next patch!! [:)]
- Shadow Tiger
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:12 am
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
Externalized and optimized designs, this sounds promising. If there was a way to exclude/include component types on different designs that would be fantastic. Rail guns instead of maxxo blasters on military ships, no weapons on private ships, no area weapons on every default starport.
Just picked up the game last weekend and I'm loving it. But I also wish I didn't have to keep every ship design on manual just to keep them from adding things I don't want.
Just picked up the game last weekend and I'm loving it. But I also wish I didn't have to keep every ship design on manual just to keep them from adding things I don't want.
-
Speedy2511
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:05 am
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
Yeah! Keep it up Erik!!!!
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
If this is the case, it would be a big step in a good direction.ORIGINAL: Nedrear
Just so I cope with this language... does externalized designs mean we can "pre-design" our own ship plans for races? My Galactic War II mod would become a nightmare... in work and in battle.
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
Well Igard you forget our point three in that list: Picture groups to randomly choose through a command like folder__commanders a picture for the character and default character group pictures.
One Thread To Guide Them All
"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."
"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
..and optimized AI design and research choices.
This part is intriguing. Perhaps there will be less need for us to design our own ships in the first place...and (dare I hope) no more AI researching Area Effect weapons first thing? [:'(]
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
ORIGINAL: Nedrear
Just so I cope with this language... does externalized designs mean we can "pre-design" our own ship plans for races? My Galactic War II mod would become a nightmare... in work and in battle.
Yep, 'stand alone' is another way to look at it.
Distant Worlds Fan
'When in doubt...attack!'
'When in doubt...attack!'
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
ORIGINAL: Morelyn
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
..and optimized AI design and research choices.
This part is intriguing. Perhaps there will be less need for us to design our own ships in the first place...and (dare I hope) no more AI researching Area Effect weapons first thing? [:'(]
I'm really looking forward to that part. I can design the basic ship building philosophy of each race, and the AI can then take care of it, unlike current where I feel the need to be in complete control of ship design.
Distant Worlds Fan
'When in doubt...attack!'
'When in doubt...attack!'
-
onomastikon
- Posts: 193
- Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:28 am
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
What about just a "mark this component as obsolete" box in the design screen? I don't think I would need anything else...!
RE: So any news, hints, teasers...
I know its the cool thing to do nowadays to hate on the area weapons but I actually think they are fine. Area weapons are a crutial part of my strategy. Sometimes the first weapon I research. I dont think any change is necessary in this regard.







