Updates for Stock Scenarios

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
JWE
Posts: 5039
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:02 pm

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by JWE »

ORIGINAL: Keifer
ORIGINAL: JWE
Was tweaking Andy Mac's new Scen02 with the AAA and ASW fixes and thought, heck, why not ! So updated all the Stock GC scenarios with AAA, ASW, Super-E, fixes. All on the Babes website.
Is there a link to what the fixes are? and what gameplay effect they have? I couldn't find an obvious post searching the forum.

Am restarting an AI game as Allies using the new scenario #2.

Thanks, Keith
If you read what you quoted you will see that the main issues addressed are AAA, ASW, and Super-Es.

[ed] they make gameplay better. result of several hundred posts here and elsewhere.
User avatar
mikkey
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:04 pm
Location: Slovakia

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by mikkey »

ORIGINAL: Keifer
ORIGINAL: JWE
Was tweaking Andy Mac's new Scen02 with the AAA and ASW fixes and thought, heck, why not ! So updated all the Stock GC scenarios with AAA, ASW, Super-E, fixes. All on the Babes website.
Is there a link to what the fixes are? and what gameplay effect they have? I couldn't find an obvious post searching the forum.

Am restarting an AI game as Allies using the new scenario #2.

Thanks, Keith
some more detailed information and download files are on the Home of DaBabes site
User avatar
mikkey
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:04 pm
Location: Slovakia

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by mikkey »

ORIGINAL: JWE
Well, wouldn't you know it, Nik asked if would be possible to update Guadalcanal Scen04, and I believe Terminus has no issues with updating 1,000 Mile War Scen05, so it looks like you get your wish, mikkey [8D]

[ed] won't be the Babes version, but it will have all the AAA and ASW goodies (just like the GC scenarios) and be organized so they can get any future updates as a simple "drop in" (just like the GC scenarios).
super, thanks for excellent news JWE!
User avatar
JWE
Posts: 5039
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:02 pm

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by JWE »

Ok, mikkey, Scen04, Guadalcanal - Update v01 is posted. Pretty sure it's good to go, but if you see any issues, please feel free to give a shout.
User avatar
mikkey
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:04 pm
Location: Slovakia

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by mikkey »

excellent, thanks JWE. I download it and very quickly try it and I found this some minor issues:
- as Allies I have some ships with 0 Endurance (~20 ship like CA Minneapolis, DD Laffey, AP...). Japan have also some ship with 0 Endurance.
- scenario description writes time interval 4 August 1942 to 7 February 1943 but the real end of scenario is 3 April 1943.
Thanks.


Image
Attachments
Endurance.jpg
Endurance.jpg (69.64 KiB) Viewed 461 times
User avatar
JWE
Posts: 5039
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:02 pm

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by JWE »

That was a holdover from the 'no free gas' thing in the GC scenarios. It's a guick fix, done now.

The scenario dates are the same as always; start Aug. 6, 1942 , end April 3, 1943.
User avatar
Treetop64
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:20 am
Location: 519 Redwood City - BASE (Hex 218, 70)

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by Treetop64 »

Eh, my post vanished...[&:]

Well, was just asking if I have to restart my campaign after installing these new files. I'm currently setting up the first turn (non-historical first turn ON). Haven't actually executed the first turn yet. Do I need to re-select the scenario and start over after installing these scenario files?

Thanks.
Image
User avatar
JWE
Posts: 5039
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:02 pm

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by JWE »

ORIGINAL: Treetop64

Eh, my post vanished...[&:]

Well, was just asking if I have to restart my campaign after installing these new files. I'm currently setting up the first turn (non-historical first turn ON). Haven't actually executed the first turn yet. Do I need to re-select the scenario and start over after installing these scenario files?

Thanks.
Yes.
User avatar
Treetop64
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:20 am
Location: 519 Redwood City - BASE (Hex 218, 70)

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by Treetop64 »

ORIGINAL: JWE

ORIGINAL: Treetop64

Eh, my post vanished...[&:]

Well, was just asking if I have to restart my campaign after installing these new files. I'm currently setting up the first turn (non-historical first turn ON). Haven't actually executed the first turn yet. Do I need to re-select the scenario and start over after installing these scenario files?

Thanks.
Yes.

Damn...




Many thanks, anyways! [:)]

EDIT: Looking at this post a second time, it struck me as a bit unappreciative and condescending. I spent weeks building the turn and was nearly finished when these updates came out, so I was like "Oh, Noes!!" But, I am very thankful for the work that continues to go into this game (JWE, AndyMac, and all the rest). Honestly, I'd rather start over with updated scenarios (knowing there are updates available, of course) than continuing with legacy scenarios with the new patch.

You guys rock [&o]
Image
User avatar
mikkey
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:04 pm
Location: Slovakia

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by mikkey »

thanks for fix JWE, I look forward to updated scenarios.
User avatar
JWE
Posts: 5039
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:02 pm

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by JWE »

ORIGINAL: Treetop64
I spent weeks building the turn and was nearly finished when these updates came out, so I was like "Oh, Noes!!"
Something that might save you from frustration in the future.

Pick the scenario you want to use. Load it into the editor and then “Save Scenario As…” some other number greater than 25. If you are dinking with Scen02, then save it as Scen42, put a name in the Comment field like, “Hakko Treetop”, or something. Be sure to also copy the aei002-(01 to 16).dat files to aie042-(1 to 16).dat. The editor won’t do it for you, it will copy (rename) only the top level aei002.dat file.

Now you have Scen42 that is identical to Scen02, but does not have the restrictions that are imposed on Scens01 – 25. Now you can update it just like you can do with a mod.

I keep the regular stock cenarios in a renamed 'Scen - Matrix' folder for reference and back-up, but the game's SCEN folder contains
Scen41_War in the Pacific_The Full Campaign
Scen42_War in the Pacific_Hakko Ichiu
Scen43_The Battle of the Coral Sea
Scen44_Guadalcanal
Scen45_The Thousand-Mile War
Scen46_December 8_The Full Campaign
.
.
and so on.

This makes it very easy to update things for any errors that crop up, as well as capture systematic changes like the AAA and ASW things. Very easy to also add things like AndyMac's updates. A good way to proceed if you play the AI. If you play H2H or PBEM, all that's required is trust between the players that nobody is gonna sneak something in (or out).
User avatar
Treetop64
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:20 am
Location: 519 Redwood City - BASE (Hex 218, 70)

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by Treetop64 »

I lol'ed at "Hakko Treetop" [:D]

Thanks for the tip.
Image
User avatar
PizzaMan
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:40 am

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by PizzaMan »

I am eager to restart. Thanks for the stock updates.
User avatar
JWE
Posts: 5039
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:02 pm

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by JWE »

Just added; updated version of Scen05 The Thousand-Mile War.
User avatar
mikkey
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:04 pm
Location: Slovakia

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by mikkey »

nice, thanks for new updated scenario, JWE
User avatar
JWE
Posts: 5039
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:02 pm

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by JWE »

Just added; updated version of Scen14 Downfall_The End.

It has all the systematic updates and then AndyMac added his, blue-painted, kilt-wearing, lightning bolts shooting of their arse, Scottish evilness on top of them. [;)]
User avatar
Califvol
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:24 am
Location: The Land of Yore

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by Califvol »

Is there going to be an update along these lines for the Iron Man (Scen 10)?

Thanks.
Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am such a special snowflake that others need my knowledge. What…there are like a billion snowflakes? Oh, well isn't that special.
Andy Mac
Posts: 12578
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: Alexandria, Scotland

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by Andy Mac »

Ironman is harder to update because I changed some ratings of some devices as part of the making Japan tougher process so its not straightforward to update that one
User avatar
PaxMondo
Posts: 11270
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:23 pm

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Ironman is harder to update because I changed some ratings of some devices as part of the making Japan tougher process so its not straightforward to update that one
I think the Dorniers have torpedoes with accuracy of 10000%. at least they never miss my ships. [:D]
Pax
User avatar
Califvol
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:24 am
Location: The Land of Yore

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by Califvol »

Ok, got it, thanks anyway.
Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am such a special snowflake that others need my knowledge. What…there are like a billion snowflakes? Oh, well isn't that special.
Post Reply

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”