Updates for Stock Scenarios

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Califvol
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:24 am
Location: The Land of Yore

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by Califvol »

I have been playing the updates for sometime now (Scen 002). This plays a lot more fun, well for me anyway.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR EFFORTS.
Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am such a special snowflake that others need my knowledge. What…there are like a billion snowflakes? Oh, well isn't that special.
pharmy
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Bangkok/Budapest

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by pharmy »

It makes port, naval, and night strikes so much more dangerous for the attacker. Why even Japanese AA has some effect, and Japanese naval TF AA from their DPs is awesome. Flak kills go up slightly but main effect is that it reduces the effectiveness of attacks while under heavy flak. Removes the need for any HR regarding 4 E / night attacks / naval strikes below xxx.

Thank you
User avatar
JWE
Posts: 5039
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:02 pm

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by JWE »

Last one is now done and uploaded.
Scen03_The Battle of the Coral Sea.
User avatar
mikkey
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:04 pm
Location: Slovakia

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by mikkey »

thanks for updated Coral Sea scenario JWE
User avatar
n01487477
Posts: 4764
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:00 am

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Rainer
If you wonder where to get these, they are here
https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswi ... ck-updates
I had downloaded these some time ago, lost them in an OS reinstall, and was wondering where they have gone ...

Could they all be re-posted please
Alfred
Posts: 6683
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:56 am

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: n01487477
ORIGINAL: Rainer
If you wonder where to get these, they are here
https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswi ... ck-updates
I had downloaded these some time ago, lost them in an OS reinstall, and was wondering where they have gone ...

Could they all be re-posted please

I have a similar need to Damian's. I've been scouring the forum to find the updated "stock" files (ie those with the DaBabes family of tweeks to ASW, AAA etc). Definitely can't spot them on the DaBabes site. What I have found is this.

tm.asp?m=3198064

These were posted by Andy Mac as being a beta for the beta 7 patch.

Am I correct in interpreting the situation to be that

(a) the official patch 6 download does not fully update the official scenarios to the DaBabes family standards

(b) there is no longer available separately updated "stock" files for official patch 6

(c) the above updated files from Andy Mac, even though they are described as being for use with beta patch 7, can be used with the official patch 6

For those of you wondering why I am adopting this dinosaur approach, the reason is that I know I can download DaBabes Lite A and get all the tweaked benefits but I also need to have the official scenarios in order to properly research my answers to newbie questions. I suspect Damian may have a similar reason.

Alfred
User avatar
Symon
Posts: 1885
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:59 pm
Location: De Eye-lands, Mon

RE: Updates for Stock Scenarios

Post by Symon »

Yes. Interpretations are correct. They were taken down from Babes site because the ones Andy posted have all the new AI files and have been magically 'stamped' to replace/update existing scenarios in the "official" file space. Didn't make sense to have something different on the Babes site.

Andy's AI fiddling seems to have stabilized so maybe I can put Andy's stamped versions up on the site. In the meantime, the ones in Alfred's link are the right ones. Basically the dat files that were on the Babes site plus all the new AI with each scenario wrapped up in an installer. They will work just fine with patch 6 and any subsequent beta.
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
Post Reply

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”