Rise of the Sheep! JocMeister(A) vs. Obvert(J)
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Carrier Clash. Sheep bites back?
I´ve read the lists many times! [:)]
I purposely didn´t pick one with a "insane" aggressiveness rating. I felt 55 was a good compromise. But could this have caused the non reaction? I don´t know how powerful the Clevelands are but he had 2 CAs and a CL while I had 2 Clevelands and 10 Fletchers. I "think" those are okayish odds?
I purposely didn´t pick one with a "insane" aggressiveness rating. I felt 55 was a good compromise. But could this have caused the non reaction? I don´t know how powerful the Clevelands are but he had 2 CAs and a CL while I had 2 Clevelands and 10 Fletchers. I "think" those are okayish odds?

- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Carrier Clash. Sheep bites back?
I think the dividing line between Aggressive and Careful is 60. When I select air group leaders, those 59 or lower are considered Careful under the Aggressive column. I would look for a leader that is above 70 in Aggression.
I would be looking for combat with 2 Cleveland CLs and 10 Fletchers.
IMO, I think the Clevelands can stand up well against any Japanese CA and you truly want to sink as many CAs as you can. In my game as Japan, I really hate losing any of them.
EDIT - Try to put together two of your modern BBs (speed 28 or faster) with 8 to 10 Fletchers.
I would be looking for combat with 2 Cleveland CLs and 10 Fletchers.
IMO, I think the Clevelands can stand up well against any Japanese CA and you truly want to sink as many CAs as you can. In my game as Japan, I really hate losing any of them. EDIT - Try to put together two of your modern BBs (speed 28 or faster) with 8 to 10 Fletchers.
[center]
[/center]
[/center]-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Carrier Clash. Sheep bites back?
ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
Although the CVEs can put up a lot of aircraft, their slow speed makes them easier targets to hit and their fragile construction makes them much easier to sink than a fleet carrier. They might be able to score some hits on KB carriers but will suffer terribly in a clash. They really are there to provide CAP and some ASW protection and hit any SCTFs that wander too near. I woulld risk them against KB only if they were supplementing a CV strike as they could draw off some of the attacks on the CVs.
Re: that massive army in Burma - impressive, but I wonder if that many troops can be supplied once they forge their way overland?
I will use the CVEs to cover the Amphibious landings I think. I actually only have fighters on them. No strike AC at all. But in a pickle I can group them together with the CV/CVLs for extra CAP as you describe. But I will certainly not pick a fight.
I will probably not look for a CV fight until after March 44. But that time I will have 8 Essex CVs + 1 British CV and 8 CVLs. By that time I should also be able to field Corsairs on about half the Essexes.
His CV strength is largely known with 3 CVs and 3 CVEs sunk. I still have a 4th CV and a CVL on the sunk list but they are in the probably not category. The CVL took a single torp and Akagi took 2. He has suffered some major losses to his CV aviators though and I doubt he has any of the pre PH pilots left. Hellcats and Corsairs should be enough to ensure victory under those circumstances?
Erik might be a bit more careful from now on though as his Zeroes just don´t hack it anymore!

RE: Carrier Clash. Sheep bites back?
Ok - now I am confused [yet again]. Someone who is respected on this forum [Alfred perhaps?] posted that Admin skill is important for a TF commander [as opposed to a ship commander] and that their Leadership and Inspiration affect performance as a group in the battle. I can certainly see where Leadership might get more ships attacking at the same time and Insipration might keep them fighting longer when their ships are damaged, but I am unsure of the rationale for the Admin. rating - that may have been for HQs and my aging memory just warped it into the TF discussion. Can anyone clear this up for us?ORIGINAL: ny59giants
I know I sent you this (Leaders). It would be 'wise' to refer to it when selecting leaders. I do. [;)]
Surface Combat TF
• Surface Skill - To gain surprise and cross the T in an engagement
• Aggression - High Aggression will increase the likelihood that the Surface Combat TF will react and seek a fight (be careful... A TF for two DD's with an Admiral of 100 aggression will probably pick a fight with some BB's... This rarely ends well for the DD's)
• Air Skill - Of small import, but it influences the float plane operations from the Capital Ships.
• No other skills or qualities have any influence.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Carrier Clash. Sheep bites back?
ORIGINAL: ny59giants
I think the dividing line between Aggressive and Careful is 60. When I select air group leaders, those 59 or lower are considered Careful under the Aggressive column. I would look for a leader that is above 70 in Aggression.
I would be looking for combat with 2 Cleveland CLs and 10 Fletchers.IMO, I think the Clevelands can stand up well against any Japanese CA and you truly want to sink as many CAs as you can. In my game as Japan, I really hate losing any of them.
Thats good info! I´ll replace him with a more aggressive one! I thought perhaps 50 was the mark between careful and aggressive. I´ll send that TF into the fray shortly! [:)]
Btw, How are the new Baltimore CAs I started getting just now?

- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Carrier Clash. Sheep bites back?
I would look to use your older warships with your CVs and then use your newer class of DDs (Fletcher), CLs (Cleveland), and CAs (Baltimore) in my SC TF along with the modern BBs (speed 28 or faster). You may lose some battles as your night experience difference may be too much to overcome even with radar, but you need to get into the attrition battle at this place and time. Like playing chess, if I'm up two pawns I trade down to the end game and win by getting one of my pawns to upgrade to a queen. [;)]
[center]
[/center]
[/center]-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Carrier Clash. Sheep bites back?
I had hoped to do a proper update this morning. But the baby wanted differently...
Two turns until the troops hit the beaches! Erik will probably spot the larger force next turn. Exciting huh? [:D]
Stay tuned! I hope I can do an update tonight!
Two turns until the troops hit the beaches! Erik will probably spot the larger force next turn. Exciting huh? [:D]
Stay tuned! I hope I can do an update tonight!

-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
Port Moresby invaded!
Port Moresby Invasion!
Two days ago a huge armada left Townsville divided into 5 different Task forces. The main part of the armada consists of almost 40 APA/AKAs loaded with 2 Divisions, a amphib HQ, two tank battalions and an engineer regiment. I hope the huge number of transport will allow me to stay only one day at PM before withdrawing under a truly massive CAP.
Protecting the transports are 3 Battleships, 6 Heavy cruisers, 2 light cruisers and 38 destroyers. This is by far the largest commitment of allied strength so far in the war. They are screened by 12 subs and covered by 150 P38s, 200 Hellcats and 50 P47s. The fighters will operate at 8 hexes LRCAP which will mean they will tire fast.
Reasoning for going ahead with the invasion
I was leaning towards not doing this operation at all. I changed my mind after quite some time. I realised I need to take PM in order to secure my right flank. A PM in allied hands will also be a pretty big thorn in Eriks side. All of the sudden I can threaten all his shipping in New Britain and all his built up airbases in the area. He has invested heavily into the Solomons and all that investment suddenly becomes pretty irrelevant if I can secure PM. Ultimately I can put a lot of pressure on Rabaul itself. When/if I do Erik will seriously have to consider withdrawing from the Solomons or become cut off.
I also had the forces prepped and ready to go. Once the refits were done it only took 2 weeks to get in order. Moving towards northern OZ will require more time and forces. In the meantime I can open a new front and put more pressure on Eriks already spread out troops.
I decided to go in "light". Only combat troops and a HQ. I don´t want to stay longer then a day. Blitz in and blitz out. Luckily the weather gods were on my side! [:)]

Two days ago a huge armada left Townsville divided into 5 different Task forces. The main part of the armada consists of almost 40 APA/AKAs loaded with 2 Divisions, a amphib HQ, two tank battalions and an engineer regiment. I hope the huge number of transport will allow me to stay only one day at PM before withdrawing under a truly massive CAP.
Protecting the transports are 3 Battleships, 6 Heavy cruisers, 2 light cruisers and 38 destroyers. This is by far the largest commitment of allied strength so far in the war. They are screened by 12 subs and covered by 150 P38s, 200 Hellcats and 50 P47s. The fighters will operate at 8 hexes LRCAP which will mean they will tire fast.
Reasoning for going ahead with the invasion
I was leaning towards not doing this operation at all. I changed my mind after quite some time. I realised I need to take PM in order to secure my right flank. A PM in allied hands will also be a pretty big thorn in Eriks side. All of the sudden I can threaten all his shipping in New Britain and all his built up airbases in the area. He has invested heavily into the Solomons and all that investment suddenly becomes pretty irrelevant if I can secure PM. Ultimately I can put a lot of pressure on Rabaul itself. When/if I do Erik will seriously have to consider withdrawing from the Solomons or become cut off.
I also had the forces prepped and ready to go. Once the refits were done it only took 2 weeks to get in order. Moving towards northern OZ will require more time and forces. In the meantime I can open a new front and put more pressure on Eriks already spread out troops.
I decided to go in "light". Only combat troops and a HQ. I don´t want to stay longer then a day. Blitz in and blitz out. Luckily the weather gods were on my side! [:)]

- Attachments
-
- PM1.jpg (326.68 KiB) Viewed 1073 times

-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Port Moresby invaded!
1st of September -43
Port Moresby
The landing went almost perfectly! I was not spotted until the landing itself. All troops are ashore almost completely without disruption. Due to the surprise only a few Kates took off against our shipping. No losses due to aerial assaults today. Actually the only loss was APA Heywood that probably took some damage from CD guns. She will sink during the night or get sunk tomorrow. All other shipping will withdraw. I got almost 40.0000 supply on shore with the troops.
I ordered a deliberate attack tomorrow. With a command HQ with range 9 at Portland Roads (Range 8) I have the potential of an adjusted AV of almost 2000. No airsupport will fly tomorrow though. I´ve set all groups to rest after having provided LRCAP for three days fatigue was approaching the high 20s. This will also give me an opportunity to see what Erik does. I think he will oppose violently. He will probably move in all aircraft he has available in SOPAC and start flying in troops. He might even try to reinforce via sea.
I have some strong SCTFs in the area. Problem will be if he brings in the KB. But I have almost 800([X(])fighters stationed on the east coast together with some 300 DBs/TBs and 250 4Es. I don´t think he will risk the KB against that. I will resist any attempt from Erik to move in via sea. In just a few days I have 4 fast BBs arriving in the area.
I will have a hard time contesting the air over PM and will probably have to cede the airspace to him. I really hope my grunts can live up to the expectations. What do you guys think? I attached a screenshot of the forces involved. Are my forces up to the task?
CENTPAC
An even bigger armada is gathering at Pearl. This one dwarfs the PM landings in terms of warships by a big margin. This will be a show of force more than anything. I doubt Erik cares very much about the CENTPAC area at all.
OZ
More or less on hold. All airpower is devoted to the PM operation right now.
Burma
Another unrestricted Division arrived at Mombasa. Prepped it for Rangoon. Got a nice armour unit at Aden with some 100 tanks. Prepped it for Magwe. Another monster Chinese Corps is almost moved to Ledo.

Port Moresby
The landing went almost perfectly! I was not spotted until the landing itself. All troops are ashore almost completely without disruption. Due to the surprise only a few Kates took off against our shipping. No losses due to aerial assaults today. Actually the only loss was APA Heywood that probably took some damage from CD guns. She will sink during the night or get sunk tomorrow. All other shipping will withdraw. I got almost 40.0000 supply on shore with the troops.
I ordered a deliberate attack tomorrow. With a command HQ with range 9 at Portland Roads (Range 8) I have the potential of an adjusted AV of almost 2000. No airsupport will fly tomorrow though. I´ve set all groups to rest after having provided LRCAP for three days fatigue was approaching the high 20s. This will also give me an opportunity to see what Erik does. I think he will oppose violently. He will probably move in all aircraft he has available in SOPAC and start flying in troops. He might even try to reinforce via sea.
I have some strong SCTFs in the area. Problem will be if he brings in the KB. But I have almost 800([X(])fighters stationed on the east coast together with some 300 DBs/TBs and 250 4Es. I don´t think he will risk the KB against that. I will resist any attempt from Erik to move in via sea. In just a few days I have 4 fast BBs arriving in the area.
I will have a hard time contesting the air over PM and will probably have to cede the airspace to him. I really hope my grunts can live up to the expectations. What do you guys think? I attached a screenshot of the forces involved. Are my forces up to the task?
CENTPAC
An even bigger armada is gathering at Pearl. This one dwarfs the PM landings in terms of warships by a big margin. This will be a show of force more than anything. I doubt Erik cares very much about the CENTPAC area at all.
OZ
More or less on hold. All airpower is devoted to the PM operation right now.
Burma
Another unrestricted Division arrived at Mombasa. Prepped it for Rangoon. Got a nice armour unit at Aden with some 100 tanks. Prepped it for Magwe. Another monster Chinese Corps is almost moved to Ledo.

- Attachments
-
- PM2.jpg (455.23 KiB) Viewed 1073 times

RE: Port Moresby invaded!
Interesting!
I'm not 100% sure about this, but isn't there a problem with fragmented HQ's on invasions?
I'm not 100% sure about this, but isn't there a problem with fragmented HQ's on invasions?
- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Port Moresby invaded!
The HQ fragment issue was fixed when the current series of Beta patches came out, i think.
PM - When you resume air attacks, make sure a significant number are assigned ground attacks. Never mine the actual casualties, but look at how many attacks go against his lone division and the number of planes that hit it. In my game as Japan, the huge raids don't kill many troops, but my disruption levels go way up after repeated ground attacks by Allied air and that will help with your deliberate assaults.
Good Luck!! [8D]
PM - When you resume air attacks, make sure a significant number are assigned ground attacks. Never mine the actual casualties, but look at how many attacks go against his lone division and the number of planes that hit it. In my game as Japan, the huge raids don't kill many troops, but my disruption levels go way up after repeated ground attacks by Allied air and that will help with your deliberate assaults.
Good Luck!! [8D]
[center]
[/center]
[/center]-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Port Moresby invaded!
We went back to the latest official after the fragmentation issues. And now the problems with TF speeds. I think we will wait for a while!
Our first attack did not do very well. Not a single fort was dropped [:(]
I´ll try to do a proper update later. Baby duties right now.
Our first attack did not do very well. Not a single fort was dropped [:(]
Ground combat at Port Moresby (98,130)
Allied Deliberate attack
Attacking force 23736 troops, 445 guns, 502 vehicles, Assault Value = 1037
Defending force 19434 troops, 197 guns, 74 vehicles, Assault Value = 702
Allied adjusted assault: 838
Japanese adjusted defense: 2623
Allied assault odds: 1 to 3 (fort level 5)
Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), forts(+), disruption(-), experience(-)
Attacker:
Japanese ground losses:
740 casualties reported
Squads: 10 destroyed, 55 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 24 disabled
Engineers: 2 destroyed, 9 disabled
Guns lost 53 (13 destroyed, 40 disabled)
Vehicles lost 6 (1 destroyed, 5 disabled)
Allied ground losses:
1233 casualties reported
Squads: 5 destroyed, 102 disabled
Non Combat: 2 destroyed, 13 disabled
Engineers: 5 destroyed, 29 disabled
Vehicles lost 25 (2 destroyed, 23 disabled)
Assaulting units:
102nd Combat Engineer Regiment
25th Infantry Division
1st Marine Division
754th Tank Battalion
1st USMC Tank Battalion
I US Amphib Corps /1
Defending units:
22nd Division
6th Garrison Unit /1
14th Garrison Unit
91st Infantry Rgt /1
30th Fld AA Gun Co
16th AA Regiment
31st Fld AA Gun Co
22nd JNAF AF Unit
6th Shipping Engr Rgt /1
I´ll try to do a proper update later. Baby duties right now.

-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Port Moresby invaded!
2-3rd of September -43
Port Moresby
The attack on PM did not go as intended as seen in the previous post. Especially the 102nd took a heavy beating with almost 80% disablements. Rest of the troops are still in pretty good shape though. I will not do another attack for a two days. We will clearly need to hammer his troops for a while. Really annoyed I couldn´t drop the forts.
I sent in a powerful sweep with some 125 P38s. That didn´t work. Erik put some bombers on ground attack together with massive LRCAP. After his reservations about this I really hope it was just a slip of the mind as we agreed to limit this as much as possible. The bombings had no effect at all on the troops but I drew in my LRCAP and dissipated it. I took a beating I cannot sustain today. P38s are stood down now.
Tomorrow I have set Corsairs and P47s on sweep followed by 350 4Es/2Es escorted by some 50 P40s. I hope to really disrupt his troops and as Michael suggested I will keep a good look on the 22nd Division. If bombings go well I will try another deliberate attack in two days hoping the embedded combat engineers in the divisions will be enough to drop the forts.
I also sent the 4Es to a completely unguarded Rabaul. Results were really disappointing. He had some 100 Aux/Bombers on the field but only 3 was destroyed. AF is closed though. Don´t think Erik is very happy with that. I will continue to use the 4Es in this matter. I will force him to CAP whatever he wants to protect.
Backup plan
I will drop a division on Terapo (58 prep). He has only 3k troops there and then move in massive amounts of engineers to get the AF up so I can start LRCAPing from there. 3 hexes instead of 8 is a big difference. I also have the troops prepped for Milne Bay on standby. If needed I will reinforce PM using them. This is the last straw though.
SOPAC
Erik has moved EVERYTHING towards PM. Ndeni is almost empty of aircraft. I have some 50k troops prepped and ready. I have ordered a test sweep tomorrow to see what comes up. Assault shipping is moving to the area.
Easter OZ
Troops have recovered and will start moving towards Exmouth tomorrow.
CENTPAC
First transports have left PH!
BURMA
I hit a snag moving out one of the Chinese Corps. I don´t seem to be able to airlift out the 40mm bofors guns? How can I check what kind of lift capacity I need to lift it out?

Port Moresby
The attack on PM did not go as intended as seen in the previous post. Especially the 102nd took a heavy beating with almost 80% disablements. Rest of the troops are still in pretty good shape though. I will not do another attack for a two days. We will clearly need to hammer his troops for a while. Really annoyed I couldn´t drop the forts.
I sent in a powerful sweep with some 125 P38s. That didn´t work. Erik put some bombers on ground attack together with massive LRCAP. After his reservations about this I really hope it was just a slip of the mind as we agreed to limit this as much as possible. The bombings had no effect at all on the troops but I drew in my LRCAP and dissipated it. I took a beating I cannot sustain today. P38s are stood down now.
Tomorrow I have set Corsairs and P47s on sweep followed by 350 4Es/2Es escorted by some 50 P40s. I hope to really disrupt his troops and as Michael suggested I will keep a good look on the 22nd Division. If bombings go well I will try another deliberate attack in two days hoping the embedded combat engineers in the divisions will be enough to drop the forts.
I also sent the 4Es to a completely unguarded Rabaul. Results were really disappointing. He had some 100 Aux/Bombers on the field but only 3 was destroyed. AF is closed though. Don´t think Erik is very happy with that. I will continue to use the 4Es in this matter. I will force him to CAP whatever he wants to protect.
Backup plan
I will drop a division on Terapo (58 prep). He has only 3k troops there and then move in massive amounts of engineers to get the AF up so I can start LRCAPing from there. 3 hexes instead of 8 is a big difference. I also have the troops prepped for Milne Bay on standby. If needed I will reinforce PM using them. This is the last straw though.
SOPAC
Erik has moved EVERYTHING towards PM. Ndeni is almost empty of aircraft. I have some 50k troops prepped and ready. I have ordered a test sweep tomorrow to see what comes up. Assault shipping is moving to the area.
Easter OZ
Troops have recovered and will start moving towards Exmouth tomorrow.
CENTPAC
First transports have left PH!
BURMA
I hit a snag moving out one of the Chinese Corps. I don´t seem to be able to airlift out the 40mm bofors guns? How can I check what kind of lift capacity I need to lift it out?

- Attachments
-
- PM3.jpg (226.98 KiB) Viewed 1072 times

-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Port Moresby invaded!
4th of September -43
Port Moresby
They change of tactics worked well and my go to guys in the Corsairs swept the air above PM. They did suffer some damage and I lost 7 planes and 3 pilots. After that the bombers came in. I don´t usually post long Combat reports but I would like some assessment of the damage.
Damage looks slight but what kind of disruption could we look at here? I`m considering doing another deliberate attack tomorrow but don´t want to impale myself. Fatigue is still high among my troops at 20-30. How much impact would doing bombardment attacks have on fatigue?
I would have liked to repeat the air attack today but the air raids sucked the supply from Portland roads. So no droptanks were available today. So I moved the 4Es back and hopefully I can use droptanks again tomorrow. I will not ease the pressure this time. P38s have healed up and will go in using sweep only this time. 6 groups on sweep should clear the way.
3 BBs are set to bombard tonight. They are covered by some 150 fighters and 300 TBs/DBs at range 7. That is the only combat planned for tomorrow in the PM area.
SOPAC
Sweeps over Ndeni didn´t take off due to lack of supply... Grrr. Moved two of the groups back and started sending in supply. Only 12 Fighters listed there now. Ground attacks going in against Vanikoro.
Rest of the world
ZzzzZZzzsZZzz
Port Moresby
They change of tactics worked well and my go to guys in the Corsairs swept the air above PM. They did suffer some damage and I lost 7 planes and 3 pilots. After that the bombers came in. I don´t usually post long Combat reports but I would like some assessment of the damage.
Morning Air attack on Port Moresby , at 98,130
Weather in hex: Severe storms
Raid detected at 80 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 27 minutes
Japanese aircraft
no flights
Allied aircraft
Beaufort VIII x 9
Hudson III (LR) x 9
LB-30 Liberator x 10
B-24D Liberator x 51
B-24D1 Liberator x 94
B-25C Mitchell x 35
B-25D1 Mitchell x 46
F6F-3 Hellcat x 37
PB4Y-1 Liberator x 12
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zero: 1 destroyed on ground
N1K1-J George: 1 destroyed on ground
Allied aircraft losses
Hudson III (LR): 1 damaged
B-25D1 Mitchell: 1 damaged
Japanese ground losses:
80 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Airbase hits 14
Airbase supply hits 4
Runway hits 39
Aircraft Attacking:
12 x PB4Y-1 Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Airfield Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
9 x Hudson III (LR) bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 4 x 250 lb GP Bomb
11 x B-24D1 Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
9 x Beaufort VIII bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 2 x 500 lb GP Bomb
11 x B-24D1 Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
6 x B-24D1 Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
10 x B-24D1 Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
9 x B-24D1 Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
12 x B-25D1 Mitchell bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 6 x 500 lb GP Bomb
10 x B-24D Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Airfield Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
9 x B-24D Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Airfield Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
12 x B-24D Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Airfield Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
10 x LB-30 Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 8 x 500 lb GP Bomb
12 x B-25D1 Mitchell bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 6 x 500 lb GP Bomb
9 x B-24D1 Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
6 x B-25D1 Mitchell bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 6 x 500 lb GP Bomb
12 x B-24D Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Airfield Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
9 x B-24D1 Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
12 x B-24D1 Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
8 x B-24D Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Airfield Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
9 x B-24D1 Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
9 x B-25D1 Mitchell bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 6 x 500 lb GP Bomb
8 x B-24D1 Liberator bombing from 8000 feet
Airfield Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
7 x B-25D1 Mitchell bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 6 x 500 lb GP Bomb
9 x B-25C Mitchell bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 6 x 500 lb GP Bomb
8 x B-25C Mitchell bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 6 x 500 lb GP Bomb
9 x B-25C Mitchell bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 6 x 500 lb GP Bomb
9 x B-25C Mitchell bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 6 x 500 lb GP Bomb
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking 14th Garrison Unit ...
Also attacking Port Moresby ...
Also attacking 14th Garrison Unit ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking 14th Garrison Unit ...
Also attacking Port Moresby ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking 14th Garrison Unit ...
Also attacking Port Moresby ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking 14th Garrison Unit ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking 14th Garrison Unit ...
Also attacking Port Moresby ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking 14th Garrison Unit ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking 14th Garrison Unit ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking Port Moresby ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking Port Moresby ...
Also attacking 91st Infantry Rgt /1 ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking Port Moresby ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking 14th Garrison Unit ...
Also attacking Port Moresby ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking 14th Garrison Unit ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking 14th Garrison Unit ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking 14th Garrison Unit ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking Port Moresby ...
Also attacking 14th Garrison Unit ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking 14th Garrison Unit ...
Also attacking Port Moresby ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking Port Moresby ...
Also attacking 14th Garrison Unit ...
Also attacking Port Moresby ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking Port Moresby ...
Also attacking 14th Garrison Unit ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking Port Moresby ...
Also attacking 22nd Division ...
Also attacking 14th Garrison Unit ...
Damage looks slight but what kind of disruption could we look at here? I`m considering doing another deliberate attack tomorrow but don´t want to impale myself. Fatigue is still high among my troops at 20-30. How much impact would doing bombardment attacks have on fatigue?
I would have liked to repeat the air attack today but the air raids sucked the supply from Portland roads. So no droptanks were available today. So I moved the 4Es back and hopefully I can use droptanks again tomorrow. I will not ease the pressure this time. P38s have healed up and will go in using sweep only this time. 6 groups on sweep should clear the way.
3 BBs are set to bombard tonight. They are covered by some 150 fighters and 300 TBs/DBs at range 7. That is the only combat planned for tomorrow in the PM area.
SOPAC
Sweeps over Ndeni didn´t take off due to lack of supply... Grrr. Moved two of the groups back and started sending in supply. Only 12 Fighters listed there now. Ground attacks going in against Vanikoro.
Rest of the world
ZzzzZZzzsZZzz

- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Port Moresby invaded!
I US Amphib Corps /1
Where is the parent fragment for this HQ?? As it stands now, without the whole HQ there, the Command HQ back in Australia will act as the Corp/Army HQ and give you ONLY 10% Adjusted Assault Value modification vs having the Command HQ gives its very important 90% Adjusted Assault Value. That is why using the Beta is so important in an invasion into a strongly contested base.
Double check the quality of your leaders before you attack. Sometimes they drown before they can get onto the beach. [:D]
[center]
[/center]
[/center]-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Port Moresby invaded!
Crap, Well the rest of the HQ will arrive in 40 something days at SF. That explains a lot...
I will ask Erik if we can upgrade soon. Doesn´t help here though
I will ask Erik if we can upgrade soon. Doesn´t help here though

- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Port Moresby invaded!
A late work around for you is to prep TWO Command HQs for a base.
I would 'strongly' consider prepping a third division for PM. I like to go for the old 3:1 advantage when attacking someplace.
I would 'strongly' consider prepping a third division for PM. I like to go for the old 3:1 advantage when attacking someplace.
[center]
[/center]
[/center]-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Port Moresby invaded!
ORIGINAL: ny59giants
A late work around for you is to prep TWO Command HQs for a base.
I would 'strongly' consider prepping a third division for PM. I like to go for the old 3:1 advantage when attacking someplace.
Only divisions I have to "spare" in SOPAC right now are one for Ndeni and 2 for Milne Bay. I could also reprep the one I have for a possible landing at Terapo. But as we are using the latest BETA that would mean a complete reset of the prep points. Do you think its necessary?
If I landed one the Milne Bay divisions without changing the prep, would the ever become combat effective at PM again or is it just a waste?

RE: Port Moresby invaded!
Re: your question about the Bofors airlift - I am not sure if the "Aircraft Data" screen [accessible from the air unit screen] shows airlift capability and you would have to go to the database to find the weight of a Bofors mount, but I have seen postings indicating Catalinas will carry some stuff that the purpose- designed transport aircraft cannot. There may even be some bombers that can carry the gun if they are put on a transport mission.
EDIT: Ok - I opened the game and a C-33 transport can only lift 2400 lbs max, while the Cat can lift 4000, and the B-17 6800, and the B-24 8000. I do not know if the game engine considers bulk [the dimensions of the item] when determining if it will fit on an aircraft.
I opened the scenario editor and for Device #72, 40mm Bofors, it does not show a unit weight but has a "load cost" of 9999 - which means it is governed by some other calculation [likely the load cost of the gun plus crew]. Hope that helps.
EDIT: Ok - I opened the game and a C-33 transport can only lift 2400 lbs max, while the Cat can lift 4000, and the B-17 6800, and the B-24 8000. I do not know if the game engine considers bulk [the dimensions of the item] when determining if it will fit on an aircraft.
I opened the scenario editor and for Device #72, 40mm Bofors, it does not show a unit weight but has a "load cost" of 9999 - which means it is governed by some other calculation [likely the load cost of the gun plus crew]. Hope that helps.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Port Moresby invaded!
I have some really big transport capable of lifting 10000. Thats the biggest I have seem. How do I check what is needed for the 40mm M1 Bofors?



