Apology to the Forum

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
SLAAKMAN
Posts: 2556
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:50 am
Contact:

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Or have I got to get me a ten gallon hat, dodgy boots, a six shooter and a horse called Trigger to post around here??


No Darkspire, you merely need this- [:D]
tm.asp?m=3361146&mpage=1&key=
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
User avatar
Darkspire
Posts: 1986
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:07 pm
Location: My Own Private Hell

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by Darkspire »

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN
Or have I got to get me a ten gallon hat, dodgy boots, a six shooter and a horse called Trigger to post around here??


No Darkspire, you merely need this- [:D]
tm.asp?m=3361146&mpage=1&key=

Thanks Slaak, I got one of those, well she does look like that when you get her out of leathers, jeans, engine oil, out of the garage that and from under / over what ever bike she is working on and polish her up a bit [:D]

Darkspire
User avatar
OttoVonBlotto
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:44 pm

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by OttoVonBlotto »

No one should be censored or banned I can't believe you are all getting worked up about this alex jones / skull and bones kind of stuff and his off the wall pseudo wannabe weird posts, some of it's funny some stupid but it's just words don't take it too seriously or if you do ignore it.

What does wind me up a bit is his un-originality in reply's to people when he is under pressure to back up a discussion point we keep getting the same old stuff time after time at least try to be original and his inability to play chess. [:D]

as for the un-American line I think you need to get over yourselves every one knows it's just not British to say those kind of things..[;)]

"Personal isn't the same as important"
GaryChildress
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: The Divided Nations of Earth

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: Dane49

I'm not interested in your reasons or some of the other posters reasons for wanting Slaak banned or censored.

Censorship in any form is a dangerous thing to play around with.
We have laws in this country to protect people from the tyranny of censorship.
Censorship is something I would only expect in a totalitarian society,and as far as I know we haven't become one yet.

Slaak has rights like anyone else in this country and just because you don't believe what he writes doesn't give you the right censor him.

You elected yourself as some kind of dictator as to who should believe what and why in this forum.
Who are you and why should I care what you think.

I on the other hand am a grown adult and come to my own conclusions and I most definately do not need your help or guidance in reaching those conclusions about 911 or anything else and I especially don't need YOU to protect me from myself.
Yet for some reason you think I should only believe you and no one else because you think only you are right.Unexceptable!

After your little meltdown and insults to a female member of this forum,You most certainly do not qualify as a role model around here.
And I take your thoughts and ideas with the same grain of salt as Slaaks.

You self appointed dictators scare me more than Slaak.
Slaak just wants people to look at what he found,but you want to bury it and hide it.
Your idea sounds more sinister.

Hi Dane49,

Fair enough. EVERYTHING is worth listening to. Holocaust deniers, ancient alien astronauts, bigfoot. Anyone who has an opinion about anything no matter how ridiculous has their voice and their right to believe it. I have no right whatsoever to try to change their ideas (and believe me I have tried to reason with Slaak and he won't change his). Copernicus had no right to try to change our minds about the nature of the solar system. Ptolemy has every right to tell us everything revolves around the Earth. All ideas are equally worth believing in. It's my right to believe in unicorns as much as I want and to continually post a lot of nonsense to prove there are unicorns. Isn't that what it's all about? Equal time, equal consideration for all views, whether correct or incorrect, whether false or true? Or do you also believe that 911 was a conspiracy?

User avatar
Darkspire
Posts: 1986
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:07 pm
Location: My Own Private Hell

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by Darkspire »

I have no right whatsoever to try to change their ideas
Or do you also believe that 911 was a conspiracy?

One minute your for freedom of speech then your debunking again, please sir , make your mind up as to what side of the fence you belong. Its like watching tennis reading your posts of late.

Darkspire
GaryChildress
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: The Divided Nations of Earth

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: Darkspire
I have no right whatsoever to try to change their ideas
Or do you also believe that 911 was a conspiracy?

One minute your for freedom of speech then your debunking again, please sir , make your mind up as to what side of the fence you belong. Its like watching tennis reading your posts of late.

Darkspire

OK. I'm sorry. Slaak has every right to post nonsense. Let's just leave it at that then. He'll never change his mind no matter how you reason with him. So he can spend the rest of his life posting about the freemasons, the illuminati, 911 conspiracies, etc. Same goes for everything else. Bigfoot, alien autopsies, in fact it would be WRONG not to give Slaak equal voice in the media. The media, the U.S. people, no one should censor Slaak. He should have the right to broadcast his views everywhere. Not letting him do so is censorship. And we don't want to go down that road. Heck it's probably the illuminati who are preventing him from having his own TV show. posting ridiculous nonsense is "freedom of speech". Trying to change someone's mind is censorship.
User avatar
Darkspire
Posts: 1986
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:07 pm
Location: My Own Private Hell

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by Darkspire »

OK. I'm sorry. Slaak has every right to post nonsense.

Nonsense in your eyes, not his. See my previous post on how this comes across as religion, they preach words that can not be proven either, should we be not condemning them as well?
most of, if not all you have written, the very same could be said for religion on all its many levels. Each to there own and as I posted, I am neither for or against it, if you constantly ignore or debunk things then you will never learn anything, even if it is to learn what is fiction or fact.

Darkspire
GaryChildress
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: The Divided Nations of Earth

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by GaryChildress »

So was 911 an inside job? Is there credible evidence that it was?

Darkspire,

I saw a unicorn the other day. It's my right to tell you this over, and over, again. If you try to tell me to stop posting about my experience then you would be censoring me. I'm going to spam all over the Internet that I saw a unicorn. It's my right to freedom of speech to go to every corner of the Internet I can to spread this disinformation. You can't stop me because if you try then you are censoring me. Maybe with enough conviction in my posts I could convince a few people that it is true that I saw a unicorn.
User avatar
Darkspire
Posts: 1986
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:07 pm
Location: My Own Private Hell

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by Darkspire »

It's my right to freedom of speech to go to every corner of the Internet I can to spread this disinformation.
Maybe with enough conviction in my posts I could convince a few people that it is true that I saw a unicorn.

See? Tennis. Say one thing then contradict what you have previously written [8|]

I shall leave you to it, you obviously can not see the wood for the trees.

Darkspire
User avatar
Perturabo
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:32 pm
Contact:

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by Perturabo »

ORIGINAL: Darkspire
I have no right whatsoever to try to change their ideas
Or do you also believe that 911 was a conspiracy?

One minute your for freedom of speech then your debunking again, please sir , make your mind up as to what side of the fence you belong. Its like watching tennis reading your posts of late.

Darkspire
Freedom of speech includes freedom to debunk.
User avatar
Boomer78
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:12 am

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by Boomer78 »

This is definitely a case of the Alex Jones effect at work here.

You will not find anywhere on the internet, chat rooms, blogs, forum, twitter, NOWHERE has rational discussions of the issues Alex Jones covers without it turning into a pro/anti Alex Jones rant by both sides. A certain percent believes everything he says, the other side believes NOTHING he says. This is perception bias at its worst.

There seems to be a consensus among people that everything is horrible and the world is going to end any day now (remember Maya 2012?), or they're the type of people who think that because they still have a few stocks turning a profit and that must mean that everything is hunky dory and will never ever change.

I'm so exhausted by these endless circular arguments, and that's what enrages me about guys like Slaak. Slaak has value to many things he says, some things are even dangerously close to accurate... but you will never get a chance to discuss his dire topics without it going into a pro/anti Slaak debate. And that's because he has piss poor communication skills, and his abrasiveness causes the debate to orbit around him rather than his ideas. I'm sure his ego doesn't mind that, no more than it does someone like Alex Jones. Rational debate has flew south for the winter.

There's a fitting old saying here.
'Intelligent minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Foolish minds discuss people.'
"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"
vonRocko
Posts: 1454
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:05 pm

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress



I saw a unicorn the other day. It's my right to tell you this over, and over, again.

Yes, now you got it. If I don't like your unicorn sightings, I am free to ignore it or not. But, (this is the important part) It would be my choice, not someone else telling me to ignore it.
User avatar
Admiral Stricker
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:22 pm

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by Admiral Stricker »

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

So was 911 an inside job? Is there credible evidence that it was?

Darkspire,

I saw a unicorn the other day. It's my right to tell you this over, and over, again. If you try to tell me to stop posting about my experience then you would be censoring me. I'm going to spam all over the Internet that I saw a unicorn. It's my right to freedom of speech to go to every corner of the Internet I can to spread this disinformation. You can't stop me because if you try then you are censoring me. Maybe with enough conviction in my posts I could convince a few people that it is true that I saw a unicorn.

It's tough to read between the line with Slaak sometime but when you do, you could find true information. Ex. Chemtrail or whatever they are call now.

US patents:

http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/an-e ... f-patents/
User avatar
SLAAKMAN
Posts: 2556
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:50 am
Contact:

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by SLAAKMAN »

I'm so exhausted by these endless circular arguments, and that's what enrages me about guys like Slaak. Slaak has value to many things he says, some things are even dangerously close to accurate... but you will never get a chance to discuss his dire topics without it going into a pro/anti Slaak debate. And that's because he has piss poor communication skills, and his abrasiveness causes the debate to orbit around him rather than his ideas. I'm sure his ego doesn't mind that, no more than it does someone like Alex Jones. Rational debate has flew south for the winter.

There's a fitting old saying here.
'Intelligent minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Foolish minds discuss people.'

(Partially valid indeed. I sometimes allow certain trolls to get my goat. I must endeavor to mind my temper. oops my bad) [:o]
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
User avatar
SLAAKMAN
Posts: 2556
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:50 am
Contact:

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by SLAAKMAN »

It's tough to read between the line with Slaak sometime but when you do, you could find true information. Ex. Chemtrail or whatever they are call now.

US patents:

http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/an-e ... f-patents/
Superb! Thanks Admiral! [:D]
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
User avatar
SLAAKMAN
Posts: 2556
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:50 am
Contact:

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by SLAAKMAN »

vonRocko
Yes, now you got it. If I don't like your unicorn sightings, I am free to ignore it or not. But, (this is the important part) It would be my choice, not someone else telling me to ignore it.

[&o][&o][&o]
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
Dane49
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:57 pm
Location: Riverview ,Florida

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by Dane49 »

A unicorn Gary really!

Where?Do you have pictures?Has anyone else that you know seen an actual live one?

If you're going to convince me you should at least try and make it interesting or maybe have some undisputed facts and other eye witness testimony.

Slaaks ramblings are somewhat interesting and He at least trys to present something credible even if it does fail to convince.
I'd hate to have to invoke the green button gong on your unicorn sightings for lack of originality or substance.

Just saying "I saw a unicorn the other day" non stop ad infintum isn't very interesting and can get a bit annoying if you don't at least put some effort into it.

Also,can I make a suggestion that you confine it to the General Discussion page please.
I think it would be a little bit distasteful to post your unicorn sightings in the individual games thread.

User avatar
SLAAKMAN
Posts: 2556
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:50 am
Contact:

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Slaaks ramblings are somewhat interesting and He at least trys to present something credible even if it does fail to convince.

Where have I failed to convince you to consider the glory of Starcraft Broodwars Armageddon?? I crush multitudes of Newbs daily and the supremacy of the games superiority is irrefutably lucid.
[:'(]
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
User avatar
Boomer78
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:12 am

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by Boomer78 »

Straw man arguments certainly take place. The unicorn comment is a good example of one. How does bringing up something like the Federal Reserve, gun control, or immigration laws amount to unicorn sightings?

Example - 'I think the war is Iraq was staged so Haliburton and BP could get government force to support their oil cartel in the middle east and make windfall profits. Blood for oil.'

Straw man counter argument 'Oh, and I suppose Bigfoot is in charge of the war effort too, then?'

Now who in the **** said anything about Bigfoot? If anyone wants to debate facts and figures, I'll get out my pie charts, we can bring in carts full of pizza and beer and we can discuss this sh*t all night long. Or you can put words in my mouth and look like a pretentious jackass trying to win brownie points with the boss.
"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"
Aurelian
Posts: 4090
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:08 pm

RE: Apology to the Forum

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: Dane49

Slaaks ramblings are somewhat interesting and He at least trys to present something credible even if it does fail to convince.


Said ramblings neither present credible evidence or survive critical thinking. Neilster already proved that with one of those ramblings. Look for it.

Ah, here it is: tm.asp?m=3366579&mpage=2&key=
Building a new PC.
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”