Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
Moderator: MOD_Command
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
I am doing _exactly_ what you described, using B469, in that specific scenario, and the ships are not launching any offensive strikes.
Sorry, but unable to reproduce here.
Anyone else besides TMP95 experiencing this problem in B469 ?
Sorry, but unable to reproduce here.
Anyone else besides TMP95 experiencing this problem in B469 ?
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
As I stated...not happening in my game. Not a single tomahawk launches until I make it happen. I have launched aircraft, put ships on missions, etc...nothing.
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
Can you put a save up or show your ROE settings? Why is the info box cut off? SHow the whole picture so I can see what it looks like.
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
Ive noticed that the doctrine changes from off to on. Almost like the same thing that was happening with the refuel doctrine.
Am I right in thinking that side doctrine (from game options) settings take all units into account unless it is different from group or mission doctrine. Then if units finish mission or break from the group the units revert back to side doctrine.
Seems like the refuel doctrine is working now, but the problem has switched to the target of opportunity doctrine. If this makes sense.
Am I right in thinking that side doctrine (from game options) settings take all units into account unless it is different from group or mission doctrine. Then if units finish mission or break from the group the units revert back to side doctrine.
Seems like the refuel doctrine is working now, but the problem has switched to the target of opportunity doctrine. If this makes sense.
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
Will Do - My bad on pic - I was just doing a screen shop and trying to crop quickly with general box -
At work now - Once home I will provide game save file. As for ROEs, I did not touch / change them. Will say this. It seems to have happened after I d8d a reinstall of Build 469 and then went and checked as you were describing how to set group ROEs. So I clicked on Carrier group to just look at it (it was set to NO, for target opportunity). Few moments later, my Group (with F-35s) on board starts launching Tomahawks (I hear them first with sound). Then the Carrier group starts launching (and I right click their ROEs and now it is switched to ON, as if they picked up on what other Group was up too.....which is some ways makes sense).
But I'm wondering if it was me checking ROEs to begin with? Which then caused it to flip from NO to yes?
I actually have no clue. But since Build 469 it has happened every time withiin first several mins (except for last night when I did a reinstall of 469 and then did not do a single thing but start the mission and let it run and 5 mins at a time just to see. That 1 time nothing happened other than RIMs being fired).
At work now - Once home I will provide game save file. As for ROEs, I did not touch / change them. Will say this. It seems to have happened after I d8d a reinstall of Build 469 and then went and checked as you were describing how to set group ROEs. So I clicked on Carrier group to just look at it (it was set to NO, for target opportunity). Few moments later, my Group (with F-35s) on board starts launching Tomahawks (I hear them first with sound). Then the Carrier group starts launching (and I right click their ROEs and now it is switched to ON, as if they picked up on what other Group was up too.....which is some ways makes sense).
But I'm wondering if it was me checking ROEs to begin with? Which then caused it to flip from NO to yes?
I actually have no clue. But since Build 469 it has happened every time withiin first several mins (except for last night when I did a reinstall of 469 and then did not do a single thing but start the mission and let it run and 5 mins at a time just to see. That 1 time nothing happened other than RIMs being fired).
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
Just found out how to reproduce this every time in B469, all scenarios it seems.
"Operation Bass Drum" as an example.
* Start scenario.
* Go into "Doctrine & ROE" in Game menu.
* Expand "Use Refuel/Unrep" and select "No"
* This instantly sets "Engage opportunity targets" to "Yes" at the same time.
And ships will fire at targets at this point. Unless you are paused, which will allow you to correct it to "No" again.
I'm trying to test this in B470, but because of a bug that I reported, I am unable.
"Operation Bass Drum" as an example.
* Start scenario.
* Go into "Doctrine & ROE" in Game menu.
* Expand "Use Refuel/Unrep" and select "No"
* This instantly sets "Engage opportunity targets" to "Yes" at the same time.
And ships will fire at targets at this point. Unless you are paused, which will allow you to correct it to "No" again.
I'm trying to test this in B470, but because of a bug that I reported, I am unable.
Rúni.
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
Runibi, I was just going to say the exact same thing.
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
You said the problem only happens if you bring up the doctrine window to examine stuff, right?
In this case this may be related to an UI issue we fixed in B471, see here: tm.asp?m=3483326
Can you run the same scenario without bringing up the doctrine window at all and see what happens?
In this case this may be related to an UI issue we fixed in B471, see here: tm.asp?m=3483326
Can you run the same scenario without bringing up the doctrine window at all and see what happens?
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
I have reported the bug.
It is also in B470.
It is also in B470.
Rúni.
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
This one only seems to happen if I change the refuel doctrine, which seems to change both settings.
The training scenario, oddly works differently. If I don't open the doctrine window, nothing happens. But as soon as I open it, it changes "Engage opportunity targets" to yes.
EDIT: No strike that, just got the naval units to change their doctrine to yes, just by opening the doctrine window.
This may be related, I will check this again in B471 when available.
The training scenario, oddly works differently. If I don't open the doctrine window, nothing happens. But as soon as I open it, it changes "Engage opportunity targets" to yes.
EDIT: No strike that, just got the naval units to change their doctrine to yes, just by opening the doctrine window.
This may be related, I will check this again in B471 when available.
Rúni.
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
We just kicked out Build 471, see if you can reproduce the problem there.
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
I can say I never touch / change the Refuel Option per say. I just often look at my ROE options. SO in my case it seems just opening the ROE options is causing the Target of Opportunity to switch from Off to ON...
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
Yep, that seems have fixed it...
Now I can check examine doctrine, without stuff changing. And only options that I change are actually changed.
Seems to work as intended now, but I'll keep and eye on it for a while still though.
Now I can check examine doctrine, without stuff changing. And only options that I change are actually changed.
Seems to work as intended now, but I'll keep and eye on it for a while still though.
Rúni.
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
This is very strange. I open up side ROE all the time and never had it reset opfire once.
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
ORIGINAL: thewood1
This is very strange. I open up side ROE all the time and never had it reset opfire once.
Agreed, very strange. As mine does it almost always once I check on it. Though, every once in awhile it would appear not to change when I would re-open it. But would then soon after.
But what others are now showing is pretty much exactly what I've been experiencing since build 469. Which in a way I'm happy about as I thought I was going mad! ha
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
ORIGINAL: Sunburn
We just kicked out Build 471, see if you can reproduce the problem there.
I assume that is not for us lowly release customers.
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
ORIGINAL: thewood1
ORIGINAL: Sunburn
We just kicked out Build 471, see if you can reproduce the problem there.
I assume that is not for us lowly release customers.
+ 1 - Here is hoping 471 comes out quick!
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
Is this bug confirmed fixed? And if on build 471. Will 470 be out soon?
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
Really, how is anyone playing a modern day scenario without every tomahawk being used / fired? I don't get it? As is now, I can't run a scenario without at some point (early on) all tomahawks being used?
RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks
I still have no issues...again use the group setting.
