Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Dimitris
Posts: 16004
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:29 am
Contact:

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by Dimitris »

I am doing _exactly_ what you described, using B469, in that specific scenario, and the ships are not launching any offensive strikes.

Sorry, but unable to reproduce here.

Anyone else besides TMP95 experiencing this problem in B469 ?
thewood1
Posts: 10420
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by thewood1 »

As I stated...not happening in my game. Not a single tomahawk launches until I make it happen. I have launched aircraft, put ships on missions, etc...nothing.
thewood1
Posts: 10420
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by thewood1 »

Can you put a save up or show your ROE settings? Why is the info box cut off? SHow the whole picture so I can see what it looks like.
Dannyp19
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by Dannyp19 »

Ive noticed that the doctrine changes from off to on. Almost like the same thing that was happening with the refuel doctrine.

Am I right in thinking that side doctrine (from game options) settings take all units into account unless it is different from group or mission doctrine. Then if units finish mission or break from the group the units revert back to side doctrine.

Seems like the refuel doctrine is working now, but the problem has switched to the target of opportunity doctrine. If this makes sense.
TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

Will Do - My bad on pic - I was just doing a screen shop and trying to crop quickly with general box -

At work now - Once home I will provide game save file. As for ROEs, I did not touch / change them. Will say this. It seems to have happened after I d8d a reinstall of Build 469 and then went and checked as you were describing how to set group ROEs. So I clicked on Carrier group to just look at it (it was set to NO, for target opportunity). Few moments later, my Group (with F-35s) on board starts launching Tomahawks (I hear them first with sound). Then the Carrier group starts launching (and I right click their ROEs and now it is switched to ON, as if they picked up on what other Group was up too.....which is some ways makes sense).

But I'm wondering if it was me checking ROEs to begin with? Which then caused it to flip from NO to yes?

I actually have no clue. But since Build 469 it has happened every time withiin first several mins (except for last night when I did a reinstall of 469 and then did not do a single thing but start the mission and let it run and 5 mins at a time just to see. That 1 time nothing happened other than RIMs being fired).
User avatar
Runibl
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:49 pm
Location: Torshavn, Faroe Islands

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by Runibl »

Just found out how to reproduce this every time in B469, all scenarios it seems.
"Operation Bass Drum" as an example.

* Start scenario.
* Go into "Doctrine & ROE" in Game menu.
* Expand "Use Refuel/Unrep" and select "No"
* This instantly sets "Engage opportunity targets" to "Yes" at the same time.
And ships will fire at targets at this point. Unless you are paused, which will allow you to correct it to "No" again.



I'm trying to test this in B470, but because of a bug that I reported, I am unable.
Rúni.
Dannyp19
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by Dannyp19 »

Runibi, I was just going to say the exact same thing.
Dimitris
Posts: 16004
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:29 am
Contact:

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by Dimitris »

You said the problem only happens if you bring up the doctrine window to examine stuff, right?

In this case this may be related to an UI issue we fixed in B471, see here: tm.asp?m=3483326

Can you run the same scenario without bringing up the doctrine window at all and see what happens?
User avatar
Runibl
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:49 pm
Location: Torshavn, Faroe Islands

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by Runibl »

I have reported the bug.
It is also in B470.
Rúni.
User avatar
Runibl
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:49 pm
Location: Torshavn, Faroe Islands

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by Runibl »

This one only seems to happen if I change the refuel doctrine, which seems to change both settings.
The training scenario, oddly works differently. If I don't open the doctrine window, nothing happens. But as soon as I open it, it changes "Engage opportunity targets" to yes.

EDIT: No strike that, just got the naval units to change their doctrine to yes, just by opening the doctrine window.

This may be related, I will check this again in B471 when available.
Rúni.
Dimitris
Posts: 16004
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:29 am
Contact:

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by Dimitris »

We just kicked out Build 471, see if you can reproduce the problem there.
TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

I can say I never touch / change the Refuel Option per say. I just often look at my ROE options. SO in my case it seems just opening the ROE options is causing the Target of Opportunity to switch from Off to ON...
User avatar
Runibl
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:49 pm
Location: Torshavn, Faroe Islands

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by Runibl »

Yep, that seems have fixed it...
Now I can check examine doctrine, without stuff changing. And only options that I change are actually changed.

Seems to work as intended now, but I'll keep and eye on it for a while still though.
Rúni.
thewood1
Posts: 10420
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by thewood1 »

This is very strange. I open up side ROE all the time and never had it reset opfire once.
TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

This is very strange. I open up side ROE all the time and never had it reset opfire once.


Agreed, very strange. As mine does it almost always once I check on it. Though, every once in awhile it would appear not to change when I would re-open it. But would then soon after.

But what others are now showing is pretty much exactly what I've been experiencing since build 469. Which in a way I'm happy about as I thought I was going mad! ha
thewood1
Posts: 10420
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by thewood1 »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

We just kicked out Build 471, see if you can reproduce the problem there.

I assume that is not for us lowly release customers.
TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

We just kicked out Build 471, see if you can reproduce the problem there.

I assume that is not for us lowly release customers.


+ 1 - Here is hoping 471 comes out quick!
TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

Is this bug confirmed fixed? And if on build 471. Will 470 be out soon?
TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

Really, how is anyone playing a modern day scenario without every tomahawk being used / fired? I don't get it? As is now, I can't run a scenario without at some point (early on) all tomahawks being used?
thewood1
Posts: 10420
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by thewood1 »

I still have no issues...again use the group setting.
Post Reply

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”