ORIGINAL: Flicker
For PBEM Allied players on Turn 1, is it OK to start moving LCUs or should they stay in place? Is it OK to change a unit to Strat mode?
Is it OK to start construction of ports, airfields, and forts?
I realize that many of my questions are noobish, but I don't have much experience playing PBEM games of any kind (I've played a couple of AACW scenarios against humans). I ask because I don't know if Japan is supposed to 'steal a march' on the first day.
It depends on which opening type you have set in the interface, then on agreements with your opponent. If Dec. 8th start of course it's not an issue.
Some games have no restrictions, and others range from no carrier-hunting on the first day for Japan, to CAP allowed in China only, to CAP in China, Malaysia and the PI only, to no TF moves, to any TF moves. It's up to the players. I personally don't think it matters much. If the Allies can save Force Z it adds options for sure, but it isn't determinative. In my game with Cliff he sank Enterprise with a lucky sub find and luckier hit roll for Fires. Not fun losing a carrier the first week, but that's war. You adjust and fight on.