soojanORIGINAL: geofflambert
Kansas = people of the south wind
....and bowler hat man man of bad wind. Danlongmanman not friends with bowler hat man. I like danlongmanman they are my friend.
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
soojanORIGINAL: geofflambert
Kansas = people of the south wind
I see you're an optimist! [:D]ORIGINAL: warspite1
You're upset because of the word boffin?
Think about it from our point of view!
- Can I get a coffee to go? [:@][:@]
- I could care less [:@]
- My bad [:@][:@]
- You do the math [:@]
warspite1ORIGINAL: witpqs
I see you're an optimist! [:D]ORIGINAL: warspite1
You're upset because of the word boffin?
Think about it from our point of view!
- Can I get a coffee to go? [:@][:@]
- I could care less [:@]
- My bad [:@][:@]
- You do the math [:@]
Yes, basically I think that describes us! [:D]ORIGINAL: warspite1
warspite1ORIGINAL: witpqs
I see you're an optimist! [:D]ORIGINAL: warspite1
You're upset because of the word boffin?
Think about it from our point of view!
- Can I get a coffee to go? [:@][:@]
- I could care less [:@]
- My bad [:@][:@]
- You do the math [:@]
Optimist? Is that like another word for a miserable old git? [8D]
warspite1ORIGINAL: witpqs
Yes, basically I think that describes us! [:D]ORIGINAL: warspite1
warspite1ORIGINAL: witpqs
I see you're an optimist! [:D]
Optimist? Is that like another word for a miserable old git? [8D]

ORIGINAL: warspite1
....and while I'm on one (this is a good idea for a thread [:)]), perhaps someone can answer me this?
Who decided one day that saying "I could care less" (which of course doesn't make sense in the context of the sentence they are using it in and what they actually mean) was a sensible thing to say? I mean how in the name of Bonaparte's Balls did that catch on?
I mean its real simple. "I couldn't care less". I just don't care, it is of no importance whatsoever. So if one wishes to convey that very meaning but they say "I could care less" then don't they realise they are talking sloblocks? I mean come on, you do the math
![]()
Found that one out the hard way, did ya?! [:D]ORIGINAL: desicat
ORIGINAL: warspite1
....and while I'm on one (this is a good idea for a thread [:)]), perhaps someone can answer me this?
Who decided one day that saying "I could care less" (which of course doesn't make sense in the context of the sentence they are using it in and what they actually mean) was a sensible thing to say? I mean how in the name of Bonaparte's Balls did that catch on?
I mean its real simple. "I couldn't care less". I just don't care, it is of no importance whatsoever. So if one wishes to convey that very meaning but they say "I could care less" then don't they realise they are talking sloblocks? I mean come on, you do the math
![]()
The same guy who created flammable and inflammable.
Sometime, somebody (or a thousand somebodies at some times) misheard "I couldn't care less." I think that's how a lot of sayings get morphed over time. Remember how hard it was to understand rock 'n roll lyrics on the radio? Even on an album (on whatever media)? I heard a great story on a podcast about the group America and their song Ventura Highway. Now, honestly, back in high school and for many years afterward I didn't know that the song was called Ventura Highway. I didn't even know that there was a Ventura Highway. The best I could do, after years of hearing the song, mind you, was "venture a highway" as a metaphor for take a chance/journey or something. But this story is much, much better. The story was told by a guy also in the entertainment business who met and was having some drinks with a couple of members of the band many years later. Lots of well known groups do private functions. Far more often than just the ones you hear about where some mega-rich person hires a super popular group for some private event. And the group America did plenty of them as well.ORIGINAL: warspite1
....and while I'm on one (this is a good idea for a thread [:)]), perhaps someone can answer me this?
Who decided one day that saying "I could care less" (which of course doesn't make sense in the context of the sentence they are using it in and what they actually mean) was a sensible thing to say? I mean how in the name of Bonaparte's Balls did that catch on?
I mean its real simple. "I couldn't care less". I just don't care, it is of no importance whatsoever. So if one wishes to convey that very meaning but they say "I could care less" then don't they realise they are talking sloblocks? I mean come on, you do the math
![]()
Over here, 'My bad' is attributed to the late Sudanese basketball player Manute Bol, whose English wasn't the best. He was a very nice person and would apologize for his mistakes on the court.ORIGINAL: warspite1
warspite1ORIGINAL: witpqs
Yes, basically I think that describes us! [:D]ORIGINAL: warspite1
warspite1
Optimist? Is that like another word for a miserable old git? [8D]
Sadly, I still remember the very first time I came across the hideous "My Bad".
It was in Civilisation - III I think - and one of the World Leaders said "My Bad". I just stared at the screen really, really annoyed that the game makers had let such a silly error go unnoticed....I mean how could they not spot they had missed off half the sentence?
It was only a short while later that I realised, from someone at work saying it, that that is an actual saying. My Bad... my bad.....my bad... I'm getting angry just writing that $%^&! [:D]
ORIGINAL: warspite1
... I mean how in the name of Bonaparte's Balls did that catch on? ...
ORIGINAL: witpqs
Found that one out the hard way, did ya?! [:D]ORIGINAL: desicat
ORIGINAL: warspite1
....and while I'm on one (this is a good idea for a thread [:)]), perhaps someone can answer me this?
Who decided one day that saying "I could care less" (which of course doesn't make sense in the context of the sentence they are using it in and what they actually mean) was a sensible thing to say? I mean how in the name of Bonaparte's Balls did that catch on?
I mean its real simple. "I couldn't care less". I just don't care, it is of no importance whatsoever. So if one wishes to convey that very meaning but they say "I could care less" then don't they realise they are talking sloblocks? I mean come on, you do the math
![]()
The same guy who created flammable and inflammable.
ORIGINAL: witpqs
So America was hired to play at this couple's wedding. They just loved the group's music. Everything was going great, and at one point the happy couple approached the band and made a special request. You see, one of the group's songs is their song. Their special song, like many couples have. And theirs is Chair on a Highway. Now you know that many performers would have been upset. Some would have gone ballistic, maybe smashed their guitars and stormed off (down Ventura Highway!), but the guys of America are just nice people. And as the band members related, the couple was so nice and it was their special day, and... so they sang "chair on a highway" while the newlyweds danced to their special song. [:D]
warspite1ORIGINAL: geofflambert
ORIGINAL: witpqs
So America was hired to play at this couple's wedding. They just loved the group's music. Everything was going great, and at one point the happy couple approached the band and made a special request. You see, one of the group's songs is their song. Their special song, like many couples have. And theirs is Chair on a Highway. Now you know that many performers would have been upset. Some would have gone ballistic, maybe smashed their guitars and stormed off (down Ventura Highway!), but the guys of America are just nice people. And as the band members related, the couple was so nice and it was their special day, and... so they sang "chair on a highway" while the newlyweds danced to their special song. [:D]
Be honest, how many of us didn't misunderstand lyrics from our former days?